Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Tarmac Car Hot Lapping Action

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2003, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tarmac Car Hot Lapping Action

Is anyone else driving their Evo's or Lancers at the following event tomorrow?

http://www.sportbikehype.com/
Old Jun 23, 2003, 08:14 AM
Evolved Member

Driving Enthusaists, where were you? The road racing on the TMS infield Sunday was awesome.

My brothers still basically stock EVO was right on the tail of my friends 320awhp Evo with us both in it. All the spectators were loving it! The black 911 Turbo out there couldn't get away from us, until traffic bunched up and we got pinched back and couldn't pull him back in. They don't allow pictures or taping to avoid any dealerships screwing over owners from having fun, but this is one of the best ways to get out and enjoy your cars as they are meant to be.

Hopefully we'll see more of the North Texas and sorrounding areas people out there soon.

The stunts the sport bikes were doing out there were really fun to watch as well!
Old Jun 24, 2003, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

That sounds interesting, and it looks like they have events quite often. How much does it cost and how much track time do you average?
Old Jun 24, 2003, 10:22 AM
Evolved Member

Dang it lost my post! argh!

My brother and friend in their evos had prior engagements in the morning and did not get there until 1ish. We were able to get in 2 20 min sessions in the last 3 or so hours.

It was $45. INCREDIBLY INEXPENSIVE! I can't wait to do it again, and again, and again for this price.

I hope we all make it back out July 6th much much earlier, like when they open the gates to enjoy a cooler track.

Tire pressures at 32psi would rise to about 50psi coming off the track with the right front around 55. It was about 95 in the shade out there. In the sun on the concrete, it was crazy HOT. I don't know how the riders in their leathers did it. We were able to get a garage spot inside which was real nice, too. I think becuase as it warmed up people were heading out and we got the early birds spots as they left.
Old Jul 5, 2003, 11:44 AM
Account Disabled

Sounds like fun but too bad im a day and half drive away up in the midwest. Have fun all!