Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Austin, TX EVO CLUTCH JOB

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
if mzm is charging 100 extra dollars to do a twin clutch then a single plate, you should NEVER go there. it is EXACTLY the same job, same time, same labor etc.... therefore it should be the same price. 6 speed cars are harder to do and therefor constitute charging more for that. i charge 625 for a 6 speed, and 525 for a 5 speed.
Kevin, I hope your marriage vacation was nice and relaxing but like good Soldiers, it's time to get back to work, EVO work that is. Do you think you can squeeze me in for a custom street tune as I plan on doing the E85 conversion as a gift before I have to leave for Iraq. Someone mentioned getting it done via Jster mail-in but I do not want to take that kind of risk.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
evo work

KevinD finished my belt change/cam job with a tune. his work was excellent, and that street tune was WILD...but i won't go back until he gives me my hat and T-shirt, you know, like Disneyland..."I got tuned and tooted by KevinD" with a picture of Kevin in a Vega...sorry, pff subject...
MZM quoted me POSSIBILY 10+ hours and they wouldn't commit to even that as a quote. and they said it would be a three week job. the head was off, it had been cleaned up and ported, and i had all the parts so i was cutting into that profit margin. i don't think they wanted the job so the crazy quote, if you can call it that, was a brush-off.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chris mccarthy
KevinD finished my belt change/cam job with a tune. his work was excellent, and that street tune was WILD...but i won't go back until he gives me my hat and T-shirt, you know, like Disneyland..."I got tuned and tooted by KevinD" with a picture of Kevin in a Vega...sorry, pff subject...
MZM quoted me POSSIBILY 10+ hours and they wouldn't commit to even that as a quote. and they said it would be a three week job. the head was off, it had been cleaned up and ported, and i had all the parts so i was cutting into that profit margin. i don't think they wanted the job so the crazy quote, if you can call it that, was a brush-off.
I'm going to be asking about my hat and T shirt once he tunes mine then.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JakeTheVIII
I'm going to be asking about my hat and T shirt once he tunes mine then.
HAHAHA Kevin and I are having a hard enough time to get stickers made, let alone shirts and hats maybe soon......
I spent 6 months trying to buy stickers from my so-called sticker guy.... and well it turns out he didnt want to spend $100 on a new cutting blade..... go figure!
Old Dec 28, 2008, 09:49 AM

tagging

can you imagine what it would be like in Dallas and parts around if all these Evos cruising had ED stickers!?!
sounds like a 2009 priority to me...