Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Anyone wanting a Tune in this area?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2007, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone wanting a Tune in this area?

I was wondering if we could get a crew of guys together and get someone down in our area for some tunning. AMS, Dynoflash, any one haha
Old Aug 20, 2007, 05:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe if you get some people to do it in dfw and do it here i'll join you guys, or i can drive you to tulsa depends on the drive and tuner
Old Aug 20, 2007, 06:43 AM
Account Disabled

I'm actually setting up a tuning sessiong with Jester or Sean Ivey. The location will be in Austin, Tx and we will be tuning with a AWD dyno. I'll make a official post in a few days.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nice, can you pm on how much it is going to cost for tune and dyno
Old Aug 20, 2007, 07:38 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by nikkadanny
nice, can you pm on how much it is going to cost for tune and dyno

I'm getting everything finalize and as soon as that takes place, I'll post on a new thread. So, just give me a few days to tighten down some lose end.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 08:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by milo
I'm getting everything finalize and as soon as that takes place, I'll post on a new thread. So, just give me a few days to tighten down some lose end.
sweet let us know ... ps just wondering how soon is it looking?? i need to pick up a couple last minute mods.

Last edited by Rcebowl; Aug 20, 2007 at 08:05 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 09:13 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Rcebowl
sweet let us know ... ps just wondering how soon is it looking?? i need to pick up a couple last minute mods.
Its looking great.......both tuners can tune great on Evo's. The logistic is key in making this happen so just bare with me. Also, I'll probably set this tuning session into a Evo/AWD Meet Part 2.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 10:04 AM
Former Sponsor

if either you guys in austin, SA or tulsa would like to get a few cars together, i'd be happy to make a trip to tune a few evos on a weekend.

my rates are 200 for a complete custom tune with a wideband o2 sensor. if your interested, let me know, or if you have any questions, just give me a shout!

edit* oh and sense i live within driving distance, to both austin and tulsa, i don't need to book a flight, or any of that business. therefor my dates are pretty flexible.

Last edited by KevinD; Aug 20, 2007 at 10:08 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:13 AM

KevinD is better than all those guys! Better yet is his integrity to tell you if your tune can even be improved upon...ive seen him check a tune and actually leave well enough alone!
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:30 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DEVO330
KevinD is better than all those guys! Better yet is his integrity to tell you if your tune can even be improved upon...ive seen him check a tune and actually leave well enough alone!
LOL,,ha, ha,ha,ha are you really serious! What facts do you have to make this big claim. Sean Ivey and Jester have been tuning a lot longer then KevinD and are very familiar with different types of EMS out there, beside open ECU or ecuflash.

Is he capable of tuning a AEM EMS with a Aquamist HSF-5? Last time I ask, he has never tuned with a AEM EMS?

I can understand in helping your tuner out and promoting their tunes, but to bash other tuner is not kewl at all.

Last edited by milo; Aug 20, 2007 at 12:56 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:07 PM
Former Sponsor

actually i just tuned the FP666 car which is a 2.4L 4g64 with a evo green on an AEM EMS i can tune other ECU's, they all work the same way... autronic, performance electronics, UTEC, stock ecu... the interface is the only difference for most of them.

i've also tuned meth cars, and i have an HFS-5 as well that i'm about to install on my car, so yeah, its not a big deal at all. its certainly not rocket science... cause thats something i deal with every day :P

also, i am a mechanical engineer, if you would like to talk details about your HFS 5 kit, or anything else on your car for that matter, i'd be glad too.

i'm sorry i'm not as famous as jestr or sean ivey, but i would put my tunes up against any of them. i'm not here to bash any of the other tuners though. this post was asking if people were interested in bringing a tuner to the area to tune some cars. as the OP said any tuner, i figured i would offer my services. i'm local, i feel my prices are excellent, and i'm not limited to ecuflash.

Last edited by KevinD; Aug 20, 2007 at 01:14 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 01:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by KevinD
actually i just tuned the FP666 car which is a 2.4L 4g64 with a evo green on an AEM EMS i can tune other ECU's, they all work the same way... autronic, performance electronics, UTEC, stock ecu... the interface is the only difference for most of them.

i've also tuned meth cars, and i have an HFS-5 as well that i'm about to install on my car, so yeah, its not a big deal at all. its certainly not rocket science... cause thats something i deal with every day :P

also, i am a mechanical engineer, if you would like to talk details about your HFS 5 kit, or anything else on your car for that matter, i'd be glad too.

i'm sorry i'm not as famous as jestr or sean ivey, but i would put my tunes up against any of them. i'm not here to bash any of the other tuners. this post was asking if people were interested in bringing a tuner to the area to tune some cars. as the OP said any tuner, i figured i would offer my services. i'm local, i feel my prices are excellent, and i'm not limited to ecuflash.

Why should you be sorry, you don't have to be.
I'm just stating the fact that DEVO0330 has no justification to make such a big claim. Thats the bashing I'm talking about

So how many Evo's have you tuned with AEM EMS that are also using the Aquamist HSF-5? What other stand alone you have tuned with it(Motec, Microtech LT 12s, Haltech, Electromotive)?
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by milo
So how many Evo's have you tuned with AEM EMS that are also using the Aquamist HSF-5? What other stand alone you have tuned with it(Motec, Microtech LT 12s, Haltech, Electromotive)?

how many AEM EMS cars with HFS-5s are there??? of course i haven't tuned a car with both of those specific parts, but the beauty of tuning is that every car is different, and they all must be tuned differently. sort of like asking, have you tuned a car with a T-88 turbo yet? no, but i don't rely on a handful of tunes from specific setups to tune a car.

i've worked with MOTEC products(even was looking at an engineering job with them... but they were offering a really small salary and it was in $OCAL), i've fiddled with the electromotive TEC-3 software a number of years back when i was doing porsche 951's... i've worked with the developers for performance electronics, and have wired cars from scratch, not to mention built them from the ground up, and tuned them from scratch using the PE system. i've worked with autronic cars, and will be getting more into them as there are a couple locally. i've made my own traction control on a bread board for a race car, and implemented essentially the same thing as the HFS-5 on one of the race cars before the HFS-5 was around. i can tell you any detail you want to know about methanol, or ethanol or E-85, as i've researched the fuel in great detail along with an army of other graduate and undergraduate car nuts on the UTA formula team. on the SAE team i was mentored by an aerodynamics engineer on the BMW sauber formula 1 team, a lead engine designer on the honda indy engines (and now the acura LMP engine), we've worked with bob norwood locally (who uses basically nothing but MOTEC), and a number of other engineers in all fields.

point is, i consider myself qualified to tune cars. i'm not a joe smoe who downloaded ecuflash and started charging people to tune their cars without any experience. i was mentored by professionals at the top of the game, and decided to take my experience to the evo community.

tell you what, if your interested, if you would like to take a chance with me, let me tune your car, if your not happy, i'll give you your money back and you'll be out nothing. just let me know the details of your setup, injector size and brand, displacement, bore/stroke if changed, turbo, meth nozzle size, mixture water/CH3OH, AEM i presume...
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KevinD

i'm sorry i'm not as famous as jestr or sean ivey, but i would put my tunes up against any of them. i'm not here to bash any of the other tuners though. this post was asking if people were interested in bringing a tuner to the area to tune some cars. as the OP said any tuner, i figured i would offer my services. i'm local, i feel my prices are excellent, and i'm not limited to ecuflash.
hmm no one said u r not good or that u have to justify yourself. But gotta expect that for someone to make that kind of claim is a large one!! ("KevinD is better then those guys")
I can say i have heard many great things some people who have been tuned by u. I have only heard one complaint from someone, and that was only cause his car was down on power but still had good driveability. U seem to be doing a good job with your tunes and u HAVE BEEN helping the community alot , so i commend u!

Last edited by PhoenixEvo; Aug 20, 2007 at 02:23 PM. Reason: To show the claim i was refering to
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:58 PM
Former Sponsor

thanks Phoenix! i appreciate all the good comments people have, and i'm not happy until other people are happy (so whoever this is that wasn't happy, please put them in touch with me and i'll get it straighten out). again, i am not saying i'm better then all the other tuners, and i really think Milo took kellys comment the wrong way (kelly likes to support local people and appreciates the work myself and george do on his car).