Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

FYI: New Mitsu dealer in Austin

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2007, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FYI: New Mitsu dealer in Austin

Not sure if this is a repost or not, but Pavillion Mercury on 183 North near Anderson Mill is changing into (or adding?) a Mitsu dealership. There is a sign up that says "Now Hiring for Pavilion Mitsubishi" and they have an artists rendition of the new shop at www.pavilionmitsubishi.com that says "coming 2008"....

Great news if you ask me. We have two Evo's and I'm @#$@ing tired of driving down to South BFE to get service. I was waffling on the X because I simply hate living an hour away from the nearest dealer. But now odds are we'll have to get one!

Hopefully it lasts longer than Beasley and Barrett did.

-Dave
'05 Evo (his)
'03 Evo (hers)
'05 Lotus Elise
Old Oct 11, 2007, 10:41 PM
Evolved Member

That's awesome!! No more 40 min drives to get to the mitsu...thanks for the heads up!!
Old Oct 11, 2007, 11:40 PM
Account Disabled

Wow I really hope that its true and that they actually stay open longer then 1 year
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:45 AM

new dealer

good news, i work in Jerry Jonesville (Riata) and that would be close...
dam Dave, you got a few disposable pesos, nice garage at your casa, can i borrow the Lotus tonight, Dad??
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:06 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool to hear of alternatives for the moon bat crowd j/k Dang Dave haven't seen you on here in all too long. How have you been?
Old Oct 17, 2007, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by delliott00
Not sure if this is a repost or not, but Pavillion Mercury on 183 North near Anderson Mill is changing into (or adding?) a Mitsu dealership. There is a sign up that says "Now Hiring for Pavilion Mitsubishi" and they have an artists rendition of the new shop at www.pavilionmitsubishi.com that says "coming 2008"....

Great news if you ask me. We have two Evo's and I'm @#$@ing tired of driving down to South BFE to get service. I was waffling on the X because I simply hate living an hour away from the nearest dealer. But now odds are we'll have to get one!

Hopefully it lasts longer than Beasley and Barrett did.

-Dave
'05 Evo (his)
'03 Evo (hers)
'05 Lotus Elise
You have 2 evo's by any chance does your wife or girlfriend have a Silver?
Old Oct 25, 2007, 03:34 PM

Hey guys. Haven't been keeping up with my social responsibilities lately but occasionally pop in to lurk. Have some real estate projects that are absorbing what little free time I have left.

But I have been keeping up on the new X developments. Might have to pick one up next year after the initial price gouging lets up. A new dealer will make my life easier. We have 90K miles between both evos, all trouble free, so I can't complain to mitsu except for only having 1 dealer.

No, thats not her in the silver. Although I think I know who you are talking about. My wife drives a lightning yellow with the OZ wing. Pretty much stock except for a Buschur exhaust, Dynoflash and 255 falkens. She has a twitchy right foot, so if any of your friends drive trucks and got smoked by a chick in a yellow evo, sorry bout that. :-)

Mine is just a step above hers (full 3 inch, dynoflash custom tune, boost controller, black axis wheels) but it has felt like a new car in this 60-70 degree weather. Woohoo!

BTW If anyone knows of an Evo 9 front bumper for sale locally, let me know!

-Dave
'05 Evo (his)
'03 Evo (hers)
'05 Lotus Elise
Old Oct 26, 2007, 06:50 AM

Now thats good news! This solves a major problem for us in Austin.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Mine is just a step above hers (full 3 inch, dynoflash custom tune, boost controller, black axis wheels) but it has felt like a new car in this 60-70 degree weather. Woohoo!

BTW If anyone knows of an Evo 9 front bumper for sale locally, let me know!

-Dave
'05 Evo (his)
'03 Evo (hers)
'05 Lotus Elise
Hey, I think i've seen you around, you aren't dropped or anything are you? I believe I've seen you around the RiverPlace and 2222 area, I'm the guy in the White EVO IX with the Black Rota's.

Junaid
Old Nov 7, 2007, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by Inprogress
Hey, I think i've seen you around, you aren't dropped or anything are you? I believe I've seen you around the RiverPlace and 2222 area, I'm the guy in the White EVO IX with the Black Rota's.
Yeah, I've seen you around. A nice white Evo always gives me 2nd thoughts about my usually dirty tarmac black. I used to work at River Place, so I was always running around 2222/620 area until a few weeks ago. They moved my office to the Arboretum area now. But I am very close now to the Lotus Dealer and hopefully the new Mitsu dealer.

I've also seen a white evo IX MR with a girl driving it there on a couple of occasions.

If anyone knows any more about the new dealer, please share. Like when its opening up! I'm getting close to my 40K service and don't want to make the cross country trip to south austin and Gillman.

I'm not dropped, just stealthed out a bit. Low wing, black wheels, evo dave headlights, dark tint, etc.

-Dave
Old Nov 7, 2007, 04:39 PM

Is there any indication where this will be located? Will it be part of the Pavilion building?
Do we know when it is opening?

Last edited by jwfisher; Nov 7, 2007 at 04:44 PM.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 05:24 PM

Yeah, I've seen you around. A nice white Evo always gives me 2nd thoughts about my usually dirty tarmac black. I used to work at River Place, so I was always running around 2222/620 area until a few weeks ago. They moved my office to the Arboretum area now. But I am very close now to the Lotus Dealer and hopefully the new Mitsu dealer.

I've also seen a white evo IX MR with a girl driving it there on a couple of occasions.

If anyone knows any more about the new dealer, please share. Like when its opening up! I'm getting close to my 40K service and don't want to make the cross country trip to south austin and Gillman.

I'm not dropped, just stealthed out a bit. Low wing, black wheels, evo dave headlights, dark tint, etc.

-Dave
Humm near 183? I saw a black evo that looked just like milo's pull out of a building near the place that has all of those lotus and ferraris.

Yesterday...
Old Nov 13, 2007, 02:37 PM

I just talked to them yesterday. It will be located adjacent to the Pavilion Body Shop, which is behind the Pavilion Lincoln Mercury dealership along 183. Its sort of between 183 and Pond Springs on a side road.

They have a big banner up that says Pavilion Mitsubishi, but as of right now its just a body shop. They expect to have the building ready to move into in March 2008, but said they may actually start selling and servicing mitsu's earlier than that (they said check back in a month). They have plenty of parking room for new car inventory, and the body shop has a nice lobby and potential covered showroom, so theres no reason they can't start doing business sooner. Not sure how it will impact the body shop though.

So hopefully by the end of the year we'll have another option. Its a good location, visible from 183 and easy to get in/out of via 183 or Pond Springs.

They are hiring if any of you grease monkeys want to go legit ....First thing he asked me was "You looking for a job?" .... No, I'm looking for a free oil change that I don't have to spend an hour stuck on I35 to get.

I will patronize them for sure as I do not want them to suffer the same fate as Barrett and Beasley Mitsu. North Austin needs a Mitsu dealership. Having bought two cars from Gillman I have seen them slip into a indifferent attitude over the last couple of years. Just last week they tried to jerk around my wife on a technical service bulletin. Not sure how they can treat someone who has bought $65K in new cars from them so badly. Theres a good chance I'll drop $35-40K? on an Evo X next year, and they have done everything they can to convince me to go elsewhere.

-Dave
'05 Evo VIII
'03 Evo VIII
'05 Lotus Elise
Old Nov 13, 2007, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by whiteATXevo
Humm near 183? I saw a black evo that looked just like milo's pull out of a building near the place that has all of those lotus and ferraris.

Yesterday...

That was me, if it was around 1pm.

-Dave
'05 Evo VIII
'03 Evo VIII
'05 Lotus Elise
Old Nov 13, 2007, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

As I've said on here before, I'd rather push/tow my car to Houston/San Antonio before I take it to those crooks at Gillman. Here's hoping this new dealerships stays in business longer than Beasley Mitsu......which is a shame because my wife has bought 3 Mazdas from them and we've had nothing but great service from them.

Quick Reply: FYI: New Mitsu dealer in Austin