Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Looking for a Lathe

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2007, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for a Lathe

I need my balance shaft turned down, anybody know of a place that has a lathe that can do it
Old Oct 21, 2007, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by SPOOLEDTSiAWD
I need my balance shaft turned down, anybody know of a place that has a lathe that can do it
You're basically going to need to go to a machine shop to get something like that done. I've got a bench lathe and a CNC lathe at my job, but most likely won't be able to use to do this. How much are you looking to turn down the shaft?
Old Oct 21, 2007, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

yeah im looking for a machine shop now. im in central tx and the one in temple is 2 weeks behind. i want to take off the 2 weighted sections on the shaft off leaving a straight shaft with the lobe on the end
Old Oct 21, 2007, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by SPOOLEDTSiAWD
yeah im looking for a machine shop now. im in central tx and the one in temple is 2 weeks behind. i want to take off the 2 weighted sections on the shaft off leaving a straight shaft with the lobe on the end
O so no real machine work needed. I can turn it down for you just as quick as you can send that shaft to me. Shoot me a PM if you interested; I'm a engineer at a commercial vehicle industry. I can use the lathe at work for this job if you're your looking at only turning down these weighted areas.

Like I said shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'd like to see a picture of this shaft and the counter weights on it.