Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Mitsu Clutch Shops in/around San Antonio???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TH3 STIG
Will do!

Thanks for the guidance,
J
Mitsuorder is getting ready to do my clutch.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by dzraduzit
Mitsuorder is getting ready to do my clutch.
How much is mitsuorder charging?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whiteATXevo
How much is mitsuorder charging?
Why not just pm him yourself?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Inprogress
Why not just pm him yourself?
+1, I can pretty much gaurentee you it will be less than a shop, and he has a knack for setting it up just right so the shifter is smooth. Hit him up he's cool.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, he's pretty good I guess....I wouldn't trust him with MY Evo though
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sgevotx
If i were you i'll wait for a few days for them, i would not try any other shop in san antonio. If you would like to wait, i can ask them to put you in for monday and push their other schedule work behind just for you.

Anyway, have you got the clutch and flywheel yet?
+1 on Precision R. They are a great shop and very knowledgeable/professional. I have only let Precision R work on my Evo IX and I have only positive things to say about their work!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by STi300whp
Hey nice choice in ride... I have an STi Stage 2. When it comes to shops in SA I personally recommend Precision R... they are a tuning, suspension, aesthetics, etc... shop that does good work. Talk to ( Will ) and let him know that Alex and Alvaro sent you.
Precision R is an excellent choice for owners of Evo's! Very professional and knowledgeable.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:01 AM

Yeah... for Evo's it can not get any better
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

+1 for mitsuorder
Old Dec 1, 2007, 10:52 AM

Do you guys have address and contact information for the shops you guys just mentioned? Precision R, MZM, etc?
Old Dec 2, 2007, 01:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't be fooled by the hype, there are no "real" shops that are worth anything in San Antonio--and the shops that have been mentioned in Austin are debatable as to their customer service. At a shop your car will be treated like it's at a shop. I've been host to many first hand accounts of shoddy workmanship from all the shops mentioned in this thread.

The ONLY person I let touch my car is mitsuorder. He has a flawless record of work, he will not try to take advantage of you, and most importantly, he will not take shortcuts in an effort to get your car done quicker to make better money on the labor. Most dealerships, and shops alike call on him for his expertise with this car. That's who I would recommend.

BTW...if you need help with the coilovers, you can come by my place and I can help you put them in. Or you can have Mitsuorder do them. They're not hard to do at all. In fact, I'll be swapping mine out again here soon from Zeals to KW's. Same goes for the gauges...

Last edited by belizelittle39439; Dec 2, 2007 at 01:13 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

mitsuorder did mine....no problems and 10k miles no issues
Old Dec 3, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Precision R did a couple clutches for an AMS tune a while back...BOTH cars were done in "less than 3 hours" and BOTH had torn chassis wires because instead of removing the subframe to do the work, they removed the engine mount and pushed the engine up. They also bent quite a few of the radiator fins on the inside as well amoungst other things I don't recall at the moment.

Like I said--if you want your car coming out with shop quality work, than by all means take it to a shop that cares more about money and labor hours than they do about your car.

I believe I already told you about another person who has a flawless record. Hit him up.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 07:23 PM

Wow... that's a lot of hate in this thread, bashing about a shop and never know any history of the shop is kinda dumb. You should stop by the shop and talk to the owner about this and he'll tell you the other side of the story. And FYI, they never did any clutch job that i know of within 3 hrs. They did close to 60 evo clutches all over texas alone last year and i bet there must be tons of compliant by now. LOL.......

Anyway, i think we should stay on topic as the original topic is asking for a recommendation for a clutch install and now is all about bashing a shop. Just take it easy.

Last edited by sgevotx; Dec 3, 2007 at 07:28 PM.
Old Dec 3, 2007, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Facts are facts. I've spoken with the owner of that shop on numerous occasions about numerous things, and I know the history of their clutch work. I didn't say that all their jobs have been bad, nor did I say that they didn't do a lot of clutches. Hell, I was going to go to him myself until I saw those two cars...

I simply spoke of the most recent happenings that I was exposed to. I've spoken with people at Lone Star Mitsubishi that were laughing because of the "3 hour" bragging that was going on which was told to them by none other than the shop's owner. I've spoken with the owners of the two cars and seen both cars first hand...it's doubtful they'd break their own stuff just to create some conspiracy.

Take it for what it is....it's not so much hate as it is advising of one's experiences so that the individual asking the question can make his or her own assessment.

I can also tell you about a particular suspension performance shop up in Austin that didn't know how to cornerweight my car properly. I specifically told him that the preload had a finite range which he was exceeding, and that the height was adjusted separately. He decided to ignore those warnings and do whatever he wanted. Subsequently, I've advised everyone that I come across that Soulspeed performance isn't that high on my totem pole. Conspiracy and hate? No...just another example of "shop" work.

Take it for what it is and don't assume other people don't know the whole story. You got your only info from the source of the problem...I got it from those that were the byproducts of the problem. Which do you think is telling the truth? Numerous customers, or one shop owner with a lot to lose?

Now...let's get back to letting this guy know who we each feel is a good automotive resource and why, and vice versa; and not squabble over particulars. Let the person asking the questions find the truth within the muck.

Last edited by belizelittle39439; Dec 3, 2007 at 10:32 PM.