Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Mitsu Clutch Shops in/around San Antonio???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2007, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Antonio Tuning Shops?

Hello, All!

This is my first post on evolutionm.net, as I come from an STi background. Although I recently totaled my 2005 STi, I picked up a black 2006 Evo IX Special Edition.

Are there any shops local, or fairly local, to San Antonio that can install coilovers, gauges, etc? I know about MZM up in Austin, but I don't feel like driving an hour to have coilovers installed.

I look forward to more research and posting more on this site!

Jason
Old Nov 22, 2007, 09:59 PM

Hey nice choice in ride... I have an STi Stage 2. When it comes to shops in SA I personally recommend Precision R... they are a tuning, suspension, aesthetics, etc... shop that does good work. Talk to ( Will ) and let him know that Alex and Alvaro sent you.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by STi300whp
Hey nice choice in ride... I have an STi Stage 2. When it comes to shops in SA I personally recommend Precision R... they are a tuning, suspension, aesthetics, etc... shop that does good work. Talk to ( Will ) and let him know that Alex and Alvaro sent you.
Cool, will do--thanks! Do they have a decent variety of Evo parts in stock, or do most parts have to be ordered? Also, are they cool with me bringing in parts I ordered myself? I ask, because I'm sure I can get a set of coilovers much cheaper online than most shops would offer them to me for.

Thanks again,
Jason
Old Nov 23, 2007, 01:23 PM

you can order the parts or have will order them for you. Talk to Will see what he says 210 829 8200
Old Nov 24, 2007, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

You should also contact Zeus, even though he's in Austin, for installs as well as some parts...he's a straight shooter, no bs at all and awesome to work with..
Old Nov 24, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Also from what I've been told Zues gets great deals on parts, I don't know first hand though.
Old Nov 24, 2007, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Also hitup mitsuorder, he's saved my *** numerous times, I trust him w/ my car, and he's relatively close to S.A.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 10:30 PM

Precision R will be close from Nov. 26 - Dec. 3.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:30 PM

nice little vacation which is one they are due for since they are always working hard.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 06:11 PM

Mitsu Clutch Shops in/around San Antonio???

The stock clutch on my Evo IX is slipping like crazy. Can anybody recommend Evo-friendly or Mitsu-knowledgeable CLUTCH shops in San Antonio?

I see that Precision R is closed until 3 Dec 07--I'm not sure my clutch can wait that long, as it's slipping pretty badly after 3000-3500 rpms.

I tried to get some kind of warranty coverage (I bought an extended, very pricey "mechanical coverage" warranty when I bought my 2006 Evo IX used (with 10k miles)) at Lonestar Mitsubishi, but looks like I'm not covered at all for a fried clutch, by anybody. I'm also not going to pay $1500-1700 to have the uber-sh!tty, OEM Mitsu clutch replaced w/ a stock, crappy part. I might as well replace the flywheel, while I'm at it.

Any kind of help or recommendations for clutch shops would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jason
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by TH3 STIG
The stock clutch on my Evo IX is slipping like crazy. Can anybody recommend Evo-friendly or Mitsu-knowledgeable CLUTCH shops in San Antonio?

I see that Precision R is closed until 3 Dec 07--I'm not sure my clutch can wait that long, as it's slipping pretty badly after 3000-3500 rpms.

I tried to get some kind of warranty coverage (I bought an extended, very pricey "mechanical coverage" warranty when I bought my 2006 Evo IX used (with 10k miles)) at Lonestar Mitsubishi, but looks like I'm not covered at all for a fried clutch, by anybody. I'm also not going to pay $1500-1700 to have the uber-sh!tty, OEM Mitsu clutch replaced w/ a stock, crappy part. I might as well replace the flywheel, while I'm at it.

Any kind of help or recommendations for clutch shops would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Jason

If i were you i'll wait for a few days for them, i would not try any other shop in san antonio. If you would like to wait, i can ask them to put you in for monday and push their other schedule work behind just for you.

Anyway, have you got the clutch and flywheel yet?
Old Nov 27, 2007, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Hit up mitsuorder, he may, just may take on the job
Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:24 AM

Originally Posted by sgevotx
If i were you i'll wait for a few days for them, i would not try any other shop in san antonio. If you would like to wait, i can ask them to put you in for monday and push their other schedule work behind just for you.

Anyway, have you got the clutch and flywheel yet?
Hey! If you could get me put on their schedule for Monday, that'd be AWESOME! I have a ton of questions for prices on various installs.

I DO NOT have the clutch & fw yet. I'm trying to decide on something that won't financially destroy me, something that will last decidedly longer than the OEM Evo clutch, etch. I'm searching the vendor threads, as well as various parts sites I know of.

Thanks!!!
Jason
Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Inprogress
Hit up mitsuorder, he may, just may take on the job
Will do!

Thanks for the guidance,
J
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by TH3 STIG
Hey! If you could get me put on their schedule for Monday, that'd be AWESOME! I have a ton of questions for prices on various installs.

I DO NOT have the clutch & fw yet. I'm trying to decide on something that won't financially destroy me, something that will last decidedly longer than the OEM Evo clutch, etch. I'm searching the vendor threads, as well as various parts sites I know of.

Thanks!!!
Jason

If you want something that last, just get an ACT heavy duty pressure plate with street disk. It'll probably last you longer than anything clutch available out there within that price range, your best bet is to PM some vendor here that carry ACT clutches.

You need to have the clutch with you before i can schedule you in, so everything will be in and out within a day. They will be pushing all other jobs behind just for the evom guys and they are an extremely busy shop.

I'll PM you my number so you can contact me when you get your clutch and i can schedule in from there.