Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Whats EVERYONE up too? don't be shy

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats EVERYONE up too? don't be shy

Hey um ya pretty bored just seeing what everyone out there is up to , as far as parts soon to buy and or looking for , if your thinking about selling the car, trying to get another one, thinking about getting into drag racing , autox?

I know danny got some parts i'll let him tell tell .

Jarek how you doing down in Austin right?

Aniel, julio, kelly, houston, ethan um pretty much any south region person whether i've met you or not.

and yes that was the longest run on sentence ever.

as for me im trying to ddecide whether to drop 5k or so on my car parts list:
cossi cams
snow performance st 2
780 injectors
act street and or exedy hd
koyo rad.
ebay ic/pipeing for less than 300
head studs
megan coilovers
rims either : work emotion cr kai in chrome ow!
fp green

or spend 2-3k cash on a bike and finance the rest to build some o so important credit..
Old Nov 27, 2007, 11:42 PM
Evolved Member

Im actually thinking about trading in my Evo for a BMW and then buying a BUILT Evo later. Insted of all my blood and money going into an Evo....buy one finished. Its really the way to go to save money....building cars is fun an all....but not fun enough to spend a ton of money. You can probably buy a 550+ WHP Evo for about 30K. All done and ready to murder the streets
Old Nov 28, 2007, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle
Im actually thinking about trading in my Evo for a BMW and then buying a BUILT Evo later. Insted of all my blood and money going into an Evo....buy one finished. Its really the way to go to save money....building cars is fun an all....but not fun enough to spend a ton of money. You can probably buy a 550+ WHP Evo for about 30K. All done and ready to murder the streets
Yes, you can, but the fun part is getting financed for it.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:10 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Chris,
Now that we're in this subject i am really thinking of some nice up grades (nothing crazy) to my own personal daily driver and maybe calling some people out for a nice friendly challenge to make things interesting around here I miss the crap out of my eight time to start on my 9
Old Nov 28, 2007, 04:21 AM

I'm stressing about getting my clutch replaced w/ a kit I'll be happy with, somewhere not too far from my house in Live Oak.

J
Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
been working and saving to go big turbo here pretty soon, but thats it, i just got some cams and stuff nothing to big
Old Nov 28, 2007, 06:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by red evo8
as for me im trying to ddecide whether to drop 5k or so on my car parts list:
cossi cams
snow performance st 2
780 injectors
act street and or exedy hd
koyo rad.
ebay ic/pipeing for less than 300
head studs
megan coilovers
rims either : work emotion cr kai in chrome ow!
fp green

or spend 2-3k cash on a bike and finance the rest to build some o so important credit..

snow meth kit?

i would consider trying the aquamist kit and if you wanna see a few examples, there are quite a few running around DFW. myself included.

(and unless your buying those parts used, your gonna need way more then 5k to pick up everything on that list).

heres my update:

have the 35r on with the aquamist HFS-5 kit tuned at 28psi. i have the IC pipes finally squared away (they kept popping off), and want to increase the boost to about 30-32psi. thats it for engine mods for a while.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Like Kevin said go wiht the aquamist hfs-5 kit. You wont be sorry. It is the the best kit out there I have found. Im live in the Denton area and I would be more than happy to bring my car buy and show you the kit in persion.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 666 EVO
Like Kevin said go wiht the aquamist hfs-5 kit. You wont be sorry. It is the the best kit out there I have found. Im live in the Denton area and I would be more than happy to bring my car buy and show you the kit in persion.
you have the 30r with meth right?
Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Kyle
true that i dunno about you but i just get that satisfaction of it when i see my evo on a video going down the track ya know like ... ya i built that lol
Old Nov 28, 2007, 09:59 AM

Need a tune on the VI, have to get some kevlar guards here and there and get it set up for the snow in Atlanta, Michigan for the Sno*Drift rally in a few weeks. After that, a few more go fast bits and it goes to the 100 Acre Wood Rally. Whether I'll keep it through next year is up in the air. I'm considering selling it mid-season as our new car gets finished.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aniel
Hey Chris,
Now that we're in this subject i am really thinking of some nice up grades (nothing crazy) to my own personal daily driver and maybe calling some people out for a nice friendly challenge to make things interesting around here I miss the crap out of my eight time to start on my 9
lol thats cool so maybe cams an i/c stuff of that sort?

Originally Posted by 666 EVO
yea i've heard nothing but great reviews about this kits their just... a little pricey lol, and ya im in denton too but my car is back in fort worth i bummed a ride up here but ya just let me know when you have some free time

Originally Posted by KevinD
snow meth kit?

i would consider trying the aquamist kit and if you wanna see a few examples, there are quite a few running around DFW. myself included.

(and unless your buying those parts used, your gonna need way more then 5k to pick up everything on that list).

heres my update:

have the 35r on with the aquamist HFS-5 kit tuned at 28psi. i have the IC pipes finally squared away (they kept popping off), and want to increase the boost to about 30-32psi. thats it for engine mods for a while.

how is that buschur 35r those kits are sick, so whats your goal on meth and that kit?

o and for the parts i got some great deals on most of them and it averages out to about 5.4k of course getting rid of some of my parts too subtracts from the cost as well

Originally Posted by RallyDave
Need a tune on the VI, have to get some kevlar guards here and there and get it set up for the snow in Atlanta, Michigan for the Sno*Drift rally in a few weeks. After that, a few more go fast bits and it goes to the 100 Acre Wood Rally. Whether I'll keep it through next year is up in the air. I'm considering selling it mid-season as our new car gets finished.
definently need some videos of the snow drift session!
Old Nov 28, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

Austin is going pretty good, can't wait until I come back for winter break though. I didn't get to drive the evo during thanksgiving so it's going to make it that much better when it's up and running. I have a lot of maintenance stuff to do when I go back and I also need a tune. I'm also looking to buy a green and a clutch.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
true that i dunno about you but i just get that satisfaction of it when i see my evo on a video going down the track ya know like ... ya i built that lol
Yea....I feel ya I have been down that road...but you could be saying...I didnt build it but I saved 10K$
Old Nov 28, 2007, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dzraduzit
Yes, you can, but the fun part is getting financed for it.
Yes true...I will be paying cash no worries

Quick Reply: Whats EVERYONE up too? don't be shy