Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Next Don Herring Track Day?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i just found a set of hp+ for $150 shipped.....are you still on stock rotors? i only have 28000miles on my rotors.....and 1 track day with them....im pretty easy on brakes DD... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=329889

well **** i just found out they sold.....atleast the thread says so....****in gay.

ill probly go w/ HPS.....they good as stock pads?? i dont have ABS either....but never locked up wheels yet either...

for the tyres: stock rim. and im going with the 615s. so you wouldt recommend 255? i was thinking the wider to help the sidewalls be stiffer? so 235 or 245? rember i only goto the track when you take me.....witch is like 1 time a year....i want somthing that will tear up the twisties...plus with the power i dont want to slide as much going around croners...=P

Last edited by Lancerguy'03; Mar 6, 2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

???

im pr0bly going to get the HPS pads.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Lancerguy'03
i just found a set of hp+ for $150 shipped.....are you still on stock rotors? i only have 28000miles on my rotors.....and 1 track day with them....im pretty easy on brakes DD... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=329889

well **** i just found out they sold.....atleast the thread says so....****in gay.

ill probly go w/ HPS.....they good as stock pads?? i dont have ABS either....but never locked up wheels yet either...

for the tyres: stock rim. and im going with the 615s. so you wouldt recommend 255? i was thinking the wider to help the sidewalls be stiffer? so 235 or 245? rember i only goto the track when you take me.....witch is like 1 time a year....i want somthing that will tear up the twisties...plus with the power i dont want to slide as much going around croners...=P

Check CVR? in the for sale section...they have 150.00 shipped all the time if I am not mistaken...
Old Mar 10, 2008, 04:52 PM

I live in Frisco, TX and I'd probably come to something like this if it wasn't for Mitsubishi's asinine stance on driving cars too fast around tracks or parking lots.

Is this event just for people without warranties? I figure since Mitsubishi is going to at the track then they would be voiding warranties left and right. Given that racing is a direct warranty violation and all. Thoughts?
Old Mar 10, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Could be --but a dealer is sponsoring it..not that that justifies anything. Always drive at your own risk...Nothing new here.
Old Mar 10, 2008, 08:03 PM
Former Sponsor

jixxer, if you own an evo, you don't have a warranty

no but seriously, the cars are very stout. they can take a lot of abuse before things start breaking. a track day on a stock evo is nothing... the cars were made for it. if you are concerned about secret mitsu spys following us at the track writing down VIN numbers, take some painters tape and tape up your plates and VIN number on the dash.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by KevinD
jixxer, if you own an evo, you don't have a warranty

no but seriously, the cars are very stout. they can take a lot of abuse before things start breaking. a track day on a stock evo is nothing... the cars were made for it. if you are concerned about secret mitsu spys following us at the track writing down VIN numbers, take some painters tape and tape up your plates and VIN number on the dash.
Hi Kevin ... nice of you to post. I'm too paranoid to go to something like that unfortunately. Mitsubishi and their terror tactics have sapped my will to try and race the race car they sold me.

I'll be calling you one day when I need some work done on my Evolution like a new clutch. It's really nice to have a Evolution tuner here in DFW. I've heard some horror stories about the work that some of the less reputable shops in this town have done. We're lucky that we have someone that knows what he is doing local.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 01:47 PM

This is not a racing event it is a high performance driving event. There will be no times taken and no passing in the corners.

Last edited by 71pantera; Mar 12, 2008 at 09:59 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 07:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 71pantera
This is not a racing event it is a high performance driving event. There will be no times takend and no passing in the corners.
try telling that to the mitsu rep if you need something warrantied
Old Mar 12, 2008, 04:14 PM
Former Sponsor

This event won't make or break your warranty. Although I have not always agreed with our Mitsu rep I can honestly say I've never seen him turn down a claim without substantial cause.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

money goes in bank tomorrow. ill register online then too. cant wait to hit the track for the first time.

hopefully ill have my new KevinD installed aquamist kit by then
Old Mar 15, 2008, 10:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
This event won't make or break your warranty. Although I have not always agreed with our Mitsu rep I can honestly say I've never seen him turn down a claim without substantial cause.

ehhm...
Old Mar 15, 2008, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

lol someone got denied?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by yellowmars
ehhm...
Well said, if not a "little" understated....

NO transfer case warr,
even tho it WAS within warr. period and mileage

You had:
stock clutch, minor mods (only recently installed), Your Dr. commutting rep...
BUT VOIDED BECAUSE:
telltale tire wear, and what else?
Old Mar 17, 2008, 09:48 AM
Former Sponsor

^minor mods meaning the only mod was a turbo back exhaust.

and if i remember correctly he said tire wear and excessive clutch wear or something like that...

Quick Reply: Next Don Herring Track Day?