Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Mitsubishi is weak...

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stevoooo
How do you contact brembo about this? My dealer said they're not covered under warranty...
How many miles on the car? If you are under the 5/60 they should fix em. If not then you should make a little signature like me and give them a bad rep. I have no idea how to contact Brembo. I would try Google and then calling them.

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
When the clippings on the recaros were breaking they asked me if I've been racing. Im not even going to try to bring my car in...
Are you serious? I hope that Mitsubishi sales plummet because of how ****ty they are to their customers. I used to be a service advisor for Chevrolet. We fixed everything under warranty. In the 9 months I worked there I never saw someone get turned down for any reason. I have even seen some cars get grandfathered if they were just over the warranty in some cases.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Okay guys, this have been discussed in the past but here it goes.
1- If your car is under 36,000 miles then it is covered under dealership warranty. If you are over, you are SOL.
2- Brembo will not cover your calipers (at least last I checked). They sell the license to car manufacturers every time a car is equipped with Brembos from the factory. (Hence the 36,000 mile manufacturers warranty) Therefore, it is out of their hands once it is on an Evo.
3- Nissans and Subarus do not have this problem, only Mitsubishi's.

If your Brembos are fading, do a little work. Get some 800 grit sand paper and peel off the clear coat on the calipers. Sand lightly avoiding the "Brembo" sticker. Paint your calipers with high-temp clear coat and your original red brembos will come right back.

On top of that they are charging me $180.00 (2 hours labor) on installing the spoiler when they said it would only take about 1 hour (probably less). I asked if they could just charge me the hour. "nope.. we charge by the book even if it takes less time.."
Now thats just stupid! Tell them you are picking up your wing and installing it yourself so what the f@#k can they charge you with now.

Last edited by EvoHung; Apr 24, 2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:14 PM

No wonder my wife calls her 3000GT a B*#CH - short for "MitsuB*#CHi".

Last edited by Shimanchu; Apr 24, 2008 at 09:16 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Shimanchu
How many miles on the car? If you are under the 5/60 they should fix em. If not then you should make a little signature like me and give them a bad rep. I have no idea how to contact Brembo. I would try Google and then calling them.

Are you serious? I hope that Mitsubishi sales plummet because of how ****ty they are to their customers. I used to be a service advisor for Chevrolet. We fixed everything under warranty. In the 9 months I worked there I never saw someone get turned down for any reason. I have even seen some cars get grandfathered if they were just over the warranty in some cases.
i bought 2 evos from lewisville
Old Apr 24, 2008, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

I took my 2003 EVO to Don Herring-Irving about 4 months ago with 50k+ miles.They took pictures,called me back to say when do I want to schedule service. No questions asked. Of course a week later someone hit the top corner of the wing and now it doesn't fit properly.
Old Apr 25, 2008, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoHung
Now thats just stupid! Tell them you are picking up your wing and installing it yourself so what the f@#k can they charge you with now.
I'll see if they will let me pick up my spoiler. I think I told the guy that I could get the spoiler painted myself, and would they let me take it home and he wasn't going for that.. I'm not sure what the deal is there..

-M
Old Apr 25, 2008, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

just hope they don't install your wing backwards like they did my clutch. don herring service blows.
Old May 14, 2008, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

For a long time Mitsubishi replaced spoilers and calipers no questions asked. If your car is still in warranty they will still do it no questions asked, If you're the original owner they'll stretch a little, but as a general rule Mitsubishi changed their stance on Spoilers and calipers on March 5, 2008. On this date we received the following notice:

We're in a regional meeting this week and have been discussing our goodwill policy on EVO Spoilers and Brembo Calipers...

Bottom line is this, MMNA is closing the window on blanket replacements on these items.

We can continue to replace them as long as the vehicles are under the warranty, and we will replace them on a VERY LIMITED basis once the warranty on these items has expired.

Similar to the black paint vehicles, we're going to limit replacement of these goodwill items to ORIGINAL OWNERS ONLY.

Once a vehicle has been traded / sold / changed hands / and is out of warranty these items will no longer be covered.

From this point forward, please contact me BEFORE you approve any more of these replacements.

As always, should you have any questions, please give me a call!

Regards,

KEVIN SMITH
Old May 14, 2008, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by DonMitsu
For a long time Mitsubishi replaced spoilers and calipers no questions asked. If your car is still in warranty they will still do it no questions asked, If you're the original owner they'll stretch a little, but as a general rule Mitsubishi changed their stance on Spoilers and calipers on March 5, 2008. On this date we received the following notice:

We're in a regional meeting this week and have been discussing our goodwill policy on EVO Spoilers and Brembo Calipers...

Bottom line is this, MMNA is closing the window on blanket replacements on these items.

We can continue to replace them as long as the vehicles are under the warranty, and we will replace them on a VERY LIMITED basis once the warranty on these items has expired.

Similar to the black paint vehicles, we're going to limit replacement of these goodwill items to ORIGINAL OWNERS ONLY.

Once a vehicle has been traded / sold / changed hands / and is out of warranty these items will no longer be covered.

From this point forward, please contact me BEFORE you approve any more of these replacements.

Regards,

KEVIN SMITH

This is a great example that shows that the individual dealerships have very little say as to what we can and cannot replace under warranty. I can understand that this is an issue and always will be, but it is not the dealerships fault. Nor can I fault Mitsubishi. Should a car be covered under warranty indefinitely, certainly not. I myself own an evo and work for a dealership. I have had three of my calipers replaced under warranty the fourth one is peeling, but I am out of my 36K mile paint warranty. Even I cannot get it replaced.

As to the issue with the labor times. I am a technician at Don Herring Mitsubishi North and I am the same technician that replaced the spoiler mentioned in a previous post. We are paid on a 100% commission basis. The spoiler in question pays me 1 hour of labor time to replace. If it takes me 30min or 2 hours to replace I still get paid 1 hour. These times are not set by us. In a warranty situation Mitsubishi sets the labor time. In a customer pay situation there is a labor time book that we follow. Now if the job in question pays me one hour and I am able to finish it in 30 min. should I ony get paid 30 minutes? Absolutely not. The reason I can do that job faster may be that I have a lot of experience with that certain job. It also has to do with the fact that I have spent more money than I would like to count on tools that will help me to do my job faster. This is how it works in the car business whether it is a dealership or an independent shop. As a fellow evo owner I can understand that it is sometimes frustrating when things are not covered under warranty. But we bought a racecar that you can drive on the street. We can't expect Mitusbishi to finance our penchant for racing. If anybody has any questions or comment you are more than welcome to contact me through this forum. If you have a problem with how you were dealt with at a certain dealership (Don Herring or otherwise) I would encourage you to contact them and 9 times out of 10 they will be more than willing to discuss it with you and answer any questions or complaints you may have. I know that we will here.

Thank you.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:13 AM

I am not a fellow Evolution Owner, but would at least try to put some what of a positive twist on this thread.

Mitsubishi,

I am a big fan of the Evolution. Last thing I would hate to see happen is it go out of production here in North America. Many customers that have purchased this vehicle have complaints about the warranty. A thought for future models of the Evolution could be to possibly offer 2 different type of warranties? You build a race car. You sell a race car. You put a daily driver warranty with it? By all means this warranty I do feel should and would cost more, but for the person who tracks the car, they'll purchase the warranty I'm sure. This would save Mitsubishi headaches and the customer headaches. Please take this into consideration.

Thank You,

So to end my post, yeah, I'd be pretty pissed to Marlin.
Old May 14, 2008, 11:50 AM

Still not sure why Brembo uses such garbage paint on the calipers for the Evo. 350's and Wrx's don't have that problem.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:04 PM

have they changed painting methods for the Evolution X? im sure after this complaint mitsu would go with the method the STi and Fairlady use?
Old May 14, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yes, mitsu's service is bottom of the barrel worst service ever. it doesn't matter what you own they try to dodge doing anything about it that costs them money. there are tsb's on the seat bolster's, the calipers pealing, and the spoiler clear coat. but, mitsu usually does nothing about it.
Old May 14, 2008, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DonMitsu

Regards,

KEVIN SMITH

no sir they will not. your dealership may have, but i know of 6 dealerships first hand in GA, MS, and AL that are all dicks and will not cover a damn thing
Old May 14, 2008, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
--Rant ON--

Here's the kicker - they WILL cover my spoiler fading.. To me, I'd much rather have the brakes replaced and get the spoiler painted myself.

Sorry to take this OT, but what how did you get your spoiler fade covered?? Did they even give you any hassle about it? I've been to two separate dealers here in Houston and neither will even touch the spoiler.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi is weak...