Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Mitsubishi is weak...

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2008, 11:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by housedj
uhh, HELLO u have an '03!!!! warranty was 3yr/36k miles whichever came 1st. '05 & newer got an extension to factory warranty. brakes are considered part of the powertrain. spoiler is covered under the "rust protection" warranty. read your documents instead of yelling at us or Don Herring...
Yeah, I have an 03 Evo that at the time had well over 53k miles on it when the brembo calipers and rear wing was replaced with no out of pocket expense to me by a local Mitsu dealer. Maybe i fell under the original owner clause or something but regardless.....it cost me ZERO to get those things replaced just a couple of months ago, so it can be done.
Old May 16, 2008, 06:43 PM

Thats why i wont ever buy a mitsubishi car again either. had the same problem few months ago. then i sold my evo and bought me a 350z beast. i already order the twin turbo kit for it and will be happy.
Old May 16, 2008, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by hardball0025
Thats why i wont ever buy a mitsubishi car again either. had the same problem few months ago. then i sold my evo and bought me a 350z beast. i already order the twin turbo kit for it and will be happy.

I've yet to meet a Nissan tech with as comprehensive automotive knowledge as most high school freshmen taking auto shop. Seriously - I'm sure they do exist, in some other space or time, but I've never been able to find one.

Best of luck with it.
Old May 16, 2008, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by codymac

I've yet to meet a Nissan tech with as comprehensive automotive knowledge as most high school freshmen taking auto shop. Seriously - I'm sure they do exist, in some other space or time, but I've never been able to find one.

Best of luck with it.
Which is to say you've not tried (never spoken to one, maybe - that would scan with what you said)... Almost any brand will have monkeys working for them, and I'll wager that every one has some real sharp folks on payroll. Take your weak argument somewhere else and leave us be.
Old May 17, 2008, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by mrMTB
Which is to say you've not tried (never spoken to one, maybe - that would scan with what you said)... Almost any brand will have monkeys working for them, and I'll wager that every one has some real sharp folks on payroll. Take your weak argument somewhere else and leave us be.
Tried like hell - it was enough to make me get rid of a Nissan. I'm not talking monkeys - I'm talking in for the same off-idle hesitation so many times in a year that I could have just parked it and bought another truck.

Weak is expecting a manufacturer to cover the finish on brake parts on a car that's out of warranty.

Only a handful of early adopters didn't know what Mitsu was going to be like for warranty stuff before getting an Evo. Anyone who didn't simply didn't do research it first.

Even Don talked to me about it while they were writing the paperwork up on my car.
Old May 17, 2008, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

when i took delivery of my '03 i informed them i would be "voiding the warranty" so they could save their speech & it saved me 30min in the dealership. i did get my spoiler replaced after owning it a year. AZ heat with it parked outside melted off the clearcoat. brake caliper paint peels when u drive ur car aggressively...