Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

San Antonio Evos!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill go
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:03 AM
Evolving Member

sup.
Old Aug 9, 2008, 08:55 PM

im down for a meet as well
Old Oct 29, 2008, 09:01 PM
Evolving Member

Hate to do it but.

Hello?

I've seen half a dozen or so Evo's in the area in the last year or so since I got here, from Florida as well. But it seems like there is very little scene going on.

I'd introduce myself proper but I am not sure if anyone is out there.

/brox
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Whatsup Broxma, There are plenty of Evos here...it's a matter of them driving them out of their garages. Over the last few months me and a few friends have started working dilligently on many Evos. In Sept we had Dynoflash Al come here and tune about 10 Evos and a few Sti's. There was absolutely no participation by any Evo forum members on here, all the Evos that got tuned are ones we worked on and don't post here. So take those, plus the ones on here that don't seem to ever make it out...and that's a good amount of Evos.

Al is coming back on the Nov 8-9th weekend, feel free to stop by the JMS garage if you'd like to meet up some of the SA Evos. Just let me know.

Jorge R.
Old Oct 29, 2008, 11:23 PM
Evolving Member

i might show up. it all depeds on my work hours tho.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo
Whatsup Broxma, There are plenty of Evos here...it's a matter of them driving them out of their garages. Over the last few months me and a few friends have started working dilligently on many Evos. In Sept we had Dynoflash Al come here and tune about 10 Evos and a few Sti's. There was absolutely no participation by any Evo forum members on here, all the Evos that got tuned are ones we worked on and don't post here. So take those, plus the ones on here that don't seem to ever make it out...and that's a good amount of Evos.

Al is coming back on the Nov 8-9th weekend, feel free to stop by the JMS garage if you'd like to meet up some of the SA Evos. Just let me know.

Jorge R.
what's the forum of choice, if not here?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DEVO330
what's the forum of choice, if not here?
None, lol. They do pass by EvoM from time to time.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Whats the JMS garage?
Old Oct 30, 2008, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Hey fellas,
I'm new in the fourms also just bought 2003 Evo VIII. I did a search for SAT and found this thread and was intreasted in meeting up with the rest of the Evo's in SAT.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by M00kiE
Whats the JMS garage?
It's where we work out of. JMS is what we go by, stands for Juaquin Motorsports. 3 of us are the main personnel. If interested in modding your Evo down here I feel we provide the best guidance and installations. The bolt on Evo's we've done along with Dynoflash Al's tune, have been tearing it up in SA. Feel free to stop on by

Jorge R.
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

The JMS thing is cool and all, but it returns no results on Google so I don't know where "Here" is.

Not that anyone would or should care but I'll give you some BG on me. First let me say that the first time people meet me they often confuse me with a complete dick. I assure you I am not, I just come off that way for a while. Show up Saturday and you can confirm this with anyone who is there.

I work for Corky Bell up at BEGI in Spring Branch doing all of his wrench turning. He of course works almost solely on Miata's but we have a few project cars I am also in charge of, 2.3 turbo Mazda motor in a Lotus 7 replica is one that comes to mind. Corky of course is the muscle behind Bell Intercoolers and the book you have probably read.

I have an Evo. It's stock. I have 3 other cars. I hate 1 of them. One is a 24 hours of Lemons car. I'm old. I look mean. I oddly don't mind kids (20 somethings) even though I don't have any. Tomorrow I'm doing struts on a friends car and he's like 21 or something. He's a retard but I love him.

My wife is a surgeon so I don't have to work. I work because I want to. I'll be 35 on November 8th to coincide with this Al guy tuning cars I suppose. I could use a tune. I'll have the TBE/Cutout on by then.

I am having a shindig at my place on Saturday for my 1/2 way to the Grave birthday. Should be a hoot. Several single lady type Docs might be there if someone wants a sugar mommy. Bunch of Subaru guys as I used to tune them and they don't go away.

It would be good to see some proper cars out in front of my place instead of the boxers. I live off 1604 just south of 151. I've seen some Evo's in my area but not many. Anyone looking to get S-faced next Saturday and jump in my pool, which we are going to heat with a 1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse BTW, can shoot me a PM.

That's about it.

/Brox
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MIght Roll through the SA

imma visit the ex there
Old Oct 30, 2008, 07:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo

Jorge R.
WHY would you have "Al" come tune your cars?

i hate that guy.. friend paid him for a tune and well... thing is just garbage
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Broxma
The JMS thing is cool and all, but it returns no results on Google so I don't know where "Here" is.

Not that anyone would or should care but I'll give you some BG on me. First let me say that the first time people meet me they often confuse me with a complete dick. I assure you I am not, I just come off that way for a while. Show up Saturday and you can confirm this with anyone who is there.

/Brox
Broxma, yea you wouldn't find any JMS info on google...as I mentioned whoever may be interested in attending shoot me a PM and I'll provide directions. Here is San Antonio of course I don't think it's too far from your location. Don't worry about coming off as a complete dick at first, there are many others in that boat as well.

Originally Posted by Duh Panda
WHY would you have "Al" come tune your cars?

i hate that guy.. friend paid him for a tune and well... thing is just garbage
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but come on is a post like this really necessary. Al has proven to be a pioneer and asset to the Evo/Suby communities What have you done besides make rediculous posts This won't be Al's first trip here, there's a reason why we chose him to come back.

Jorge R.

Quick Reply: San Antonio Evos!!