Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

**HOUSTON AREA EVO 8 OWNERS PLEASE READ** In regards to an accident on friday 9.19.08

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2008, 04:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
**HOUSTON AREA EVO 8 OWNERS PLEASE READ** In regards to an accident on friday 9.19.08

I'm looking for the owner of a stock appearing blue (could have been black) Mitsubishi Evolution 8 that witnessed a car accident on the corner of Texas Ave. and Hwy3 in Webster, this past friday night around 9pm on 9/19/2008. If anyone knows any owners of blue evo 8 owners, please guide them to this thread please! I believe he witnessed the entire accident, and could help me with his statement to my insurance company with what happened. If your the person who witnessed this accident, please call or PM if you could, i would greatly appreciate it.

Quick overview of the accident to let ya guys know whats up:

A buddy and I were at the intersection of Texas and Hwy3 in my wifes light green Chrysler 300 attempting to make a left turn onto hwy3. Me and my friend noticed a blue Evolution 8 at the stop sign to the right of us heading north bound on hwy3. As i proceded to make my left turn, a tan Odyssey ran the stop sign going south bound and T-boned us in the Chysler, basically totalling my vehicle. I know the Evo owner waited there till we all got out of the vehicle then proceded to go about his business. I called the Webster PD and when they arrived they pretty much didnt care what i had to say and talked with the older gentlemen that hit me, along with this so called witness of his who supposedly saw ME take off through the intersection when it wasnt "my turn to go". He ticketed me for not yielding to a stop sign, because of what his witness had to say. Im very dissapointed at how the Webster PD handled the situation.

Anywayz, im hoping the insurance investigation sees how much damage this guy did to my car to know he obviously didnt stop. I just wanna get my bases covered, and be ready in case they try to blame me. Thanx guys/gals...

My name is Charles and you can reach me at 936-445-8014
We believe the EVO looked stock exactly like this...

Old Sep 22, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Good luck man!! you might try posting in the general thread as well, some times people do not check the regional threads
Old Sep 22, 2008, 06:52 PM

Thanx! ...and yea, ill put out a thread in General as well.
Old Sep 22, 2008, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

wow..good luck! hopefully that dude goes on here so he can help you out.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Take photos of the scene of the accident. Particularly take pictures of any tire marks.

I'm pretty sure you could successfully argue the case (you may need a lawyer) that if the Odyssey HAD stopped before proceeding, then the speed at which the Odessey would have been going at the time of impact would in no way cause that much damage -- nor would it have left long skid marks (assuming there may be some).

That being the case, you might also be able to bust the other guy for giving a false statement to the police. Good luck on that.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

I've searched around and found nobody on our side of town with an evo that color. It's very rare. But I will keep my eyes open for it!
Old Sep 23, 2008, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Did you also post on Houston imports forum?

Good luck with finding a witness. I love how older people assume younger people are always liars.
Old Sep 23, 2008, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

damn glad yall are alright
Old Sep 26, 2008, 03:41 PM
Evolving Member

good to hear you guys are ok. hope you find the blue evo