Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Rats chewing up wires in my engine

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh yeah, the ***** wont solve all your problems...sometimes it creates them.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PhoenixEvo
How did it not stinky to high heaven???? Dead rats smell AWFUL!
it did. gutted interior. cleaned everything. and put back together
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Man that sucks! Sorry to hear of your problem. Biggest thing I can say is clean up the area around where you park. There is a reason they are in your area either easy acess to food or a place they can find sheltor. Fix those things and it will help them move somewhere else. You can also use poison if you go this route us something that dosent cause secondary poisoning. That way your not killing your neighbors dogs or cats if they eat one of the dying rats. Most do it yourself pest control places have this type of poison.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chad99evo
lmao autozone has it in spray cans......HAHAHA stric9 im not so sure.....

dont do anything i say
ya, don't do what this guy says, he's just yanking your chain.

Are you sure it's mice? If they didn't find any mice when they fixed the wires, it could be a cat or someone that doesn't like you.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by chad99evo
oh yeah, the ***** wont solve all your problems...sometimes it creates them.
Old Nov 20, 2008, 07:38 PM

nah its rats for sure. on the receipt and work order form from mitsubishi it actually had 'found rat' in part of the work done category. it was weird.
and i think were getting pest people out here in the next few days so hopefully that will solve the problems and not harm any neighbors animals either
Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

All you have to do to get rid of rats, or pretty much anything living, is put some mothballs in your engine bay and around under where you park your car. I would suggest putting them in empty little plastic water bottles with holes all in them so they are easily removed and picked up. My parents had to do this, they live way out in the country and have several vehicals that are not driven on a regular basis.... squirrels got in the engine bay and tore up everything..... Put the mothballs in, never had a problem since. This same trick works with animals in your attic as well.......

There is pretty much not a creature alive that likes the smell of mothballs..... except maybe my grandparents...... Any way Just FYI
Old Nov 20, 2008, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

FYI, mothballs dont work on me...ill eat the wiring in your car AND the mothballs. I might put me some babies in there too...
Old Nov 20, 2008, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by denver
All you have to do to get rid of rats, or pretty much anything living, is put some mothballs in your engine bay and around under where you park your car. I would suggest putting them in empty little plastic water bottles with holes all in them so they are easily removed and picked up. My parents had to do this, they live way out in the country and have several vehicals that are not driven on a regular basis.... squirrels got in the engine bay and tore up everything..... Put the mothballs in, never had a problem since. This same trick works with animals in your attic as well.......

There is pretty much not a creature alive that likes the smell of mothballs..... except maybe my grandparents...... Any way Just FYI
mmm......mmothballzzzzz....

i've pretty much defeated them, but its a constant war!!!!
i live on a ranch in Mansfield and have squirrels and mice eating all my vehicles' ....wiring harness completely in half, hoses etc

i use mothballs on the outside, ie under the hood etc...where i can air out the fumes....the fumes are extremely dangerous....
inside the car or the RV in my case, i use poison. Once they find food or shelter, you pretty much have to kill em off....
deterring the uninitiated, is much easier....
i had squirrels that learned they could chew thru metal galvanized porch screens and get into the house!!! They were undeterred by screechers, urine repellants etc. but not poison!!! No future squirrels ever tried again...