Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2009, 07:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And yeah I think since the old target (now Academy) meet got shut down and a lot of guys leaving it just sorta fell apart, hell I'm not there right now either, but I will be labor day!

So if anyone knows of any meets give up the goods! I know about the Subie meet, anything else going on? I'll even take rumors.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 04:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Frontskill
And yeah I think since the old target (now Academy) meet got shut down and a lot of guys leaving it just sorta fell apart, hell I'm not there right now either, but I will be labor day!

So if anyone knows of any meets give up the goods! I know about the Subie meet, anything else going on? I'll even take rumors.
Lets make it economical for the cops. We'll just start to meet up at the police station. This keeps the idiots out and they realize we just want to hang out and bs.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

A place where all of is can meet and BS would be nice, Evos or Subies and any other cars that would like to come. A mini show and shine would be nice, I have noticed i the area that people egos tedn to come out and then the cops kick everyone out. i.e. guys doing burn outs, engine revving and so on. I would show up if we could get something together. I would even find a way to get the Terminator out that day.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Yes, just push and hold the button, like you would when resetting the trip counter, mph/mpg display, etc. Otherwise suffer the wrath of the ding ding ding "Service Engine" display when starting up your car.

BTW, I'm driving the RA, but it's the same concept.
I tried that but nothing happened, I guess I would have to take it for a drive and see what happens. The counter says 3500 miles / 2 months, I will take it for a drive and see what happens, thanks for the help.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by wariosport
Lets make it economical for the cops. We'll just start to meet up at the police station. This keeps the idiots out and they realize we just want to hang out and bs.
Now that's funny! Why not the public park in Harker Heights just before you get to the Education Outriggers on the right side? There is no parking issue and plenty of shade to chit-chat and share ideas not to mention that food places are a short walk away in the case that you fellahs get the munchies. Heck, I'm in Iraq so I won't be able to attend.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Well guys I did the sprigs with the help of Mario and Shawn, it was nice to meet you Shawn, thanks for the help guys. The car rides great and the look is awsome, I will post pictures up this afternoon.

Once again thanks for all the help Mario and Shawn.
Old Aug 22, 2009, 10:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Well guys I did the sprigs with the help of Mario and Shawn, it was nice to meet you Shawn, thanks for the help guys. The car rides great and the look is awsome, I will post pictures up this afternoon.

No problem. My leg still hurts from breaking the concrete panel/board.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 09:42 PM

So the cops usually run everyone out of advance at around 11? My brother went around then and said he saw a lot of cars driving around but no one parked there.

And I'd like to check out this park pureevos talking about, sounds nice.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

So the cops usually run everyone out of advance at around 11? My brother went around then and said he saw a lot of cars driving around but no one parked there.

And I'd like to check out this park pureevos talking about, sounds nice.
As far as Advanced on fridays. I/we usually hang out for an hour or two with the Subie guys and then we roll out for some grub.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 12:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as Advanced on fridays. I/we usually hang out for an hour or two with the Subie guys and then we roll out for some grub.
They still be out there and do the same thing. They are pretty cool guys!! I've never have any issues or felts exiled when I go up there with them
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
So the cops usually run everyone out of advance at around 11? My brother went around then and said he saw a lot of cars driving around but no one parked there. And I'd like to check out this park pureevos talking about, sounds nice.
Yes, the park is nice and if I were home I would certainly be more vocal about kicking it there especially since it's all EVOs. You have to be careful just to act sensible as I'm not sure of any restrictions and/or local laws about handing out beyond certain times of the night.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 07:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sup guys I just got into tx from nc. out of the military life and now college. where's the next meet going to be at?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by monkey_187

Make sure that you have your alignment done/checked to ensure you aren't ruining your suspension, rims or tires prematurely.

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
They still be out there and do the same thing. They are pretty cool guys!! I've never have any issues or felts exiled when I go up there with them
It's because you're black...they can't ask you to leave. It would be considered some form of harrasment, which would be looked at as a hate crime. I can ask you to leave due to the fact that I'm brown...

Oh yea. I'm in Afghanistan...up in the mountains and tasting sand everyday. I finally have a room, instead of living in a tent with people who have no manners or sense of privacy. I also work nights so while all of you are working, I am too

Last edited by gravvyboy; Aug 26, 2009 at 05:16 PM. Reason: spelling, grammar
Old Aug 26, 2009, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

No problem. My leg still hurts from breaking the concrete panel/board.
Sorry to hear that Mario, now you know that Kung-Fu isnt your thing.

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
Make sure that you have your alignment done/checked to ensure you aren't ruining your suspension, rims or tires prematurely.
I got the alignment done the very next morning so I should be good, I wish they were as stiff as the Swift Spec-R's.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 11:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
So what is the consensus on a day, time and place to meet?

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in