Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2009, 01:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
You fellahs need to make your minds up before I come home on leave. The Mamba is in College Station with a flat tire, covered in dirt, baking in the Texas sun. I don't know what Wendy is going with the 'ole girl but if she's jealous she could at least just leave the car in the garage. I have to get it towed to the house, buy some new tires, and figure out what's wrong with her. I would like to get that Buschur race muffler put on and maybe a complement of gauges.
Old Aug 28, 2009, 10:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at Auto*** the other day and seen a CW2 with a MR it had a nice front bumper. I tried to say hi and meet him but he looked at me like I was a POS. Well they pulled my car up and he sees what Im in then decideds that I am worthy to talk to. I gave the same look back that I got a drove off. I guess what Im trying to say is, why do guys act like this in this area. It like a my EVO is better than yours competition. I want no part of it, so from now on I will not say hi to anyone so guys do feel offended........
Old Aug 28, 2009, 05:47 PM
Evolved Member

That sucks man.

I always try to take time to wave/chat with Evo/RA/Lancer owners as well as the Subie guys.

What's up with trying to get a meet together?
Old Aug 28, 2009, 05:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
until a spot is found...

i'll be at advance with the subie because i'm black or whateva i know a couple people that own businesses around here and i'm asking them if its ok for us to chill in thier parking areas. no word yet but as soon as i hear, i'll post!! Evo up
Old Aug 28, 2009, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
So who had the GG MR with AMS badging at the Deadfish Grill tonight?
Old Aug 29, 2009, 06:34 AM
Evolved Member

What in the world is going back home with all of this friction? It should not be this way among EVO brethren (and sisthren). We went through this briefly just before I left for Iraq and now it seems to have resurfaced. I can see where the mystery CW2 was coming from as it seems like he was/is a proud EVO owner and being in Fort Hood, everyone knows what an EVO is. But, once the guy saw that you were also an EVO owner, then there was a commonality shared. Try looking at things from a different perspective. He might have thought you were a Honda or Subaru guy. When I get home, we'll just have the meetings at my house about 1-2 times a month. I have the space and as long as you fellahs bring some snacks, things are good to go. We can chill out there all night or eat a bit and then head out to the track. It's all good either way. There is so much talk about what's happening in Killeen. Has anyone considered meeting in Copperas Cove or even at some establishment in Belton by going the FM439 route? There are options out there but it might just take getting out of your comfort zones a bit. If keeping the community alive and well then sacrifices have to be made. If frequency is an issue, then have them every other week. I cannot wait to get home as the days are really moving along fast here. The Mamba is stuck in College Station right now with a flat tire. I guess Wendy got jealous of the 'ole girl.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Im from the ft hood/ killeen area. I was looking for a custom tune for my 09 ralliart that I bought and drove since sept 08 and having someone from JMS racing from San Antonio come to killeen to do a custom tune to my ride. If anyone else is interested let me know so I can tell him while they are in the area adjusting my ride. I will have it done the second week of sept. JMS does evos and and 09 ralliarts. They also have the black mamba and bumblebee evos duke it out on youtube. Just check out that black mamba very sick.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Prices for the tunes? I may be interested in bringing out my '09 RA.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
What in the world is going back home with all of this friction? It should not be this way among EVO brethren (and sisthren). We went through this briefly just before I left for Iraq and now it seems to have resurfaced. I can see where the mystery CW2 was coming from as it seems like he was/is a proud EVO owner and being in Fort Hood, everyone knows what an EVO is. But, once the guy saw that you were also an EVO owner, then there was a commonality shared. Try looking at things from a different perspective. He might have thought you were a Honda or Subaru guy. When I get home, we'll just have the meetings at my house about 1-2 times a month. I have the space and as long as you fellahs bring some snacks, things are good to go. We can chill out there all night or eat a bit and then head out to the track. It's all good either way. There is so much talk about what's happening in Killeen. Has anyone considered meeting in Copperas Cove or even at some establishment in Belton by going the FM439 route? There are options out there but it might just take getting out of your comfort zones a bit. If keeping the community alive and well then sacrifices have to be made. If frequency is an issue, then have them every other week. I cannot wait to get home as the days are really moving along fast here. The Mamba is stuck in College Station right now with a flat tire. I guess Wendy got jealous of the 'ole girl.

It's all good. Ceaser, Shawn, and I have been hanging out with the Subie dudes and all is well.
Old Aug 30, 2009, 09:46 PM

i'll be in the mix soon as well. Ill be out the weekend after labor day. That's right I'm coming back! For a refresher on my car just look at my profile garage pics. Can't wait to get back!
Old Aug 30, 2009, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
It's all good. Ceaser, Shawn, and I have been hanging out with the Subie dudes and all is well.
What's this?! Wait till I make parole in April and I will put an end to this blasphemous alliance! Just kidding, can't wait to get back and cruise with you all.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 04:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
Im from the ft hood/ killeen area. I was looking for a custom tune for my 09 ralliart that I bought and drove since sept 08 and having someone from JMS racing from San Antonio come to killeen to do a custom tune to my ride. If anyone else is interested let me know so I can tell him while they are in the area adjusting my ride. I will have it done the second week of sept. JMS does evos and and 09 ralliarts. They also have the black mamba and bumblebee evos duke it out on youtube. Just check out that black mamba very sick.
The Black Mamba EVO belongs to my man Jorge and he's pretty cool. They are doing big things down there in San Antonio.

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
What's this?! Wait till I make parole in April and I will put an end to this blasphemous alliance! Just kidding, can't wait to get back and cruise with you all.
I'm feeling you on the whole parole thing as I believe you and I were convicted of the same charges - deployment to Iraq for 365-days!
Old Aug 31, 2009, 06:44 AM
Evolving Member

Im from the ft hood/killeen area. I will be back for the first couple of weeks of sept. on EML and was getting my 09 ralliart a custom tune by JMS racing. They did some good stuff especially with their evos black mamba and bumblebee. If anyone is interested in getting a tune the same time I am which will be sometime second week of Sept. let me know so I can let these guys know and everything will be arranged and will tell you the details on everything. PM me or reply back to this message.

Sorry this was a double post had trouble with overseas internet didnt realize my original post went through

Last edited by Tiresomejunk; Aug 31, 2009 at 06:53 AM. Reason: double post
Old Aug 31, 2009, 06:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Prices for the tunes? I may be interested in bringing out my '09 RA.
check your PM.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
check your PM.
Thanks.

I'll have answer for you this week, looks like a safe bet.

On a side note I spotted an orange creamsicle Evo X a short time ago at Wal-Mart in Killeen. License plate was from out of state "EVO GRL".

Looked good, black roof, carbon fiber side skirts, carbon fiber lip, Ralliart taillights.

I only got a quick look, but it looks like someone loves their car, very clean!

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in