Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
Gravvy, I don't think he was talking to you but nice to see you keep up with us back home. Congrats on the soon to be Evo'ette. Couldn't agree with you more about family coming first!! Be easy over there and take care.

Shawn
Yea it's been a while since I've been able to get on the board. All this wonderfully restricted internet does that. I've already got my R&R planned around her expected birth day. It'll be mid january but the Red Panda will be staying in storage. Too much hassle to bring it our for 2 weeks and coordinate putting it back in. I would be getting my girl an evo also but she hasn't learned how to drive stick...yet! Im definitely going to teach her tho...laters all
Old Sep 26, 2009, 06:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
You coming out Monkey? I'll see you out there Shawn.
I went by to say whats up but the guys said you just left. I stayed there a while but the Advance Auto guys asked us to leave when they closed. Matt and I stayed for a while talking some more, nice to meet you Matt. Dont forget to get intouch with KevinD.

I noticed that the Subaru guys are a good crowd of guys. All of them are willing to say whats up and meet Evo owners. Its hard to remember all the new names at once so I might have to ask for there names agian, sorry. Now all we need is for the Evo owners to want to meet other Evo owners and not have such a big Ego. We also own an Evo
Old Sep 26, 2009, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
I'd be out tonight...but gotta go to Dallas to the mad scientist kevind lol
I am probably going to pay him a visit next month.
Old Sep 26, 2009, 12:21 PM

suppossedly E-SWAT has been put forth as an unofficial club name

My 8 was tuned in SoCal by EDO Performance...I don't keep up with local tuners at all
Old Sep 27, 2009, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
monkey: Daddy Daughter Day is sacred. I have 2 lil girls of my own (soon 3) and I have cancelled plans set up months in advance just to spend time with them. If you need help bustin heads of those who say otherwise I'll be there once my deployment is over...unless of course it's Daddy Daughter Day!

Thanks for the support and I will let you know if I need you to come around for some head bustin'.

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Also to, where are yall getting yoru evo's tuned at? I need to retune my ix, and was thinking about doing it at MZM in austin. Anyone know of any better places that tune good for good prices?
STAY AWAY FROM MZM! I dont like their shop they are a group of rip offs, they only give you deals if you are one of their friends. I had a very bad experience with them and thats why I do not recommend them to anyone. Take your car to KevinD, I wish I would of known about him before I got ripped off at MZM.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where is KevinD located at? Its good to know about MZM. They were charging me 700 for a tune. Is that even a reasonable price? But yeah, just let me know where to find KevinD at. Ill be home in Jan, so ill get my tune then. Thanks for the look out though brother
Old Sep 27, 2009, 05:44 PM
Evolving Member

Where is KevinD located at? Its good to know about MZM. They were charging me 700 for a tune. Is that even a reasonable price? But yeah, just let me know where to find KevinD at. Ill be home in Jan, so ill get my tune then. Thanks for the look out though brother
I recommend Kevind and Co. Nice evo guy that races his car and works on them. I will be getting my tune with him.
Old Sep 27, 2009, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Mario sorry I didnt make it today but I woke up late (1245)and I couldnt find anyone to watch my dogs. Everyone is always scared cause of my pitbull, even though she is the nicest dog you will ever meet.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Mario sorry I didnt make it today but I woke up late (1245)and I couldnt find anyone to watch my dogs. Everyone is always scared cause of my pitbull, even though she is the nicest dog you will ever meet.
Don't worry about it. Came in 2nd.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Well i guess ill be getting my tune with KevinD and Co. I was told it is in Lewisville. How far exactly is Lewisville from Killeen? I was given prices and everything, and that is who I am going to get my tune through. After anyone gets their tune from him, let me know what kind of power he was able to deliver, and how long it took to tune.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 05:35 AM
Evolving Member

Well i guess ill be getting my tune with KevinD and Co. I was told it is in Lewisville. How far exactly is Lewisville from Killeen? I was given prices and everything, and that is who I am going to get my tune through. After anyone gets their tune from him, let me know what kind of power he was able to deliver, and how long it took to tune.
Around 2.5 hours depending on traffic. I will pm you his website.
Old Sep 28, 2009, 06:56 PM

Damn, we might need to look at new locations for meets. AA parking lot is small for us now. We need to start parking on the north east side so there a little more room. There were alot of evo owners this time. Nice too see. Had a good group to go to the autox could have had more though. Im planning on doing a cruise in november when its cooler, like to three twisted sisters. Alos planning on going to the drag strip ttoo in november.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Got a text today from MJ (Blue 06 WRX) he said they are having a meet at the park across the street from Hastings. Is anyone going, it starts at 1830?
Old Sep 29, 2009, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

I spoke to KevinD, and I have my tune all lined up. Im pretty excited to see what my car will put down. Im hoping I will have easy 12's, but well see.
Old Sep 30, 2009, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

Does anyone know anyone who can instal a set of eibach springs on my car? Deepstage is wanting to charge alot, and im sure its because my wife called to price and not me. But i refuse to pay what they are wanting to charge. Anyone know of anyone who can do it for cheap.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in