Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry I don't post much..pretty much been on the subie forums, but I do own a 09 ralliart =)
1.JMS brings some mean *** evo's to the meets in sa and atx. Recommended!
2.Nabiexodus make sure u find one and bring it to an evo mechanic. DSM heads in cali are notorious for putting HEAVY HEAVY oil in their motor so it'll get rid of the ticks and knocks be careful!
3.WHY don't we pile up all these awd cars into a single meet? Wouldn't it be more fun with more cars? There's always be some kind of hatred between the 2. Who cares right? Mario can vouch for the subie guys we aren't that bad
Old Oct 11, 2009, 10:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bankaiup
3.WHY don't we pile up all these awd cars into a single meet? Wouldn't it be more fun with more cars? There's always be some kind of hatred between the 2. Who cares right? Mario can vouch for the subie guys we aren't that bad
This is what I was thinking, I would bring my Cobra to the meets sometimes when we would meet at old Target. I think it would be nice to see ANY kind of cars, I have been hanging out with some of the Subie guy also. Like I said before they are a good group of guys. They ALWAYS wave back, its the Evo guys that are the ones with the egos. We have the same car, maybe different mods but its still the same car. I would like to see AWD, RWD, and FWD cars all meet up at the same place. That would be nice!
Old Oct 11, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
This is what I was thinking, I would bring my Cobra to the meets sometimes when we would meet at old Target. I think it would be nice to see ANY kind of cars, I have been hanging out with some of the Subie guy also. Like I said before they are a good group of guys. They ALWAYS wave back, its the Evo guys that are the ones with the egos. We have the same car, maybe different mods but its still the same car. I would like to see AWD, RWD, and FWD cars all meet up at the same place. That would be nice!
Thanks for the help Monkey. The LICP blew off on the way home. I had to go back and retighten it. Nice and tight now. I'm afraid to go to WOT. Let me know when tires are ready.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well, ill be back in jan. I think it would be pretty cool if we get all the awd cars, evo and subi and we all throw a big bbq at the lake or something. bring families, kids and it should be alot of fun. i think the turn out would be pretty nice. anyone agree?
Old Oct 12, 2009, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
Thanks for the help Monkey. The LICP blew off on the way home. I had to go back and retighten it. Nice and tight now. I'm afraid to go to WOT. Let me know when tires are ready.
Sorry about that, that is the thing with T-clamps Im always afraid of breaking them. Its not my car or I would of put some torque on them, once again sorry I didnt tighten them a lot. I am still looking for some tires, I might go 275/35/18

I want it to look like this:
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
well, ill be back in jan. I think it would be pretty cool if we get all the awd cars, evo and subi and we all throw a big bbq at the lake or something. bring families, kids and it should be alot of fun. i think the turn out would be pretty nice. anyone agree?
I think that would be a great idea I'm not sure about the "bringing the family" aspect as we are talking about a bunch of guys kicking it and talking "cars". I'll have to cut the spades game short if my daughter wanted me to push her on the swing, you know.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Sorry about that, that is the thing with T-clamps Im always afraid of breaking them. Its not my car or I would of put some torque on them, once again sorry I didnt tighten them a lot. I am still looking for some tires, I might go 275/35/18

I want it to look like this:
I wasn't blaming you. Let me know when you are ready on the tires.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

lol yeah. Well this would give wives, girlfriends the chance to talk and get to meet eachother, as well as the kids making new friends. My son who is 7 years old loves evo's and he loves those kind of get togethers. I was the Vice President of Import Illusions, and we were a tight group, and always had our meets with bbq and included family, and we all ended up being one big happy family. Brought our team close. Im also from San Antonio, and our meets down there were huge, and everyone knew everyone. I think it be cool to see us do that. You see bike clubs do it, how often do you see the Evo guys do it? Hardly ever. You might get a few to show up at a parking lot and talk cars. But to throw a big bbq at a lake, talk cars, football, volleyball, all sorts of stuff. I also with my team gave back to the community, did fund raisers, and all sorts of stuff. I took our team, and gatherings seriously. Ive seen many car clubs, and so forth that were not legit, and pretty much was just a group of guys that through a sticker on their windshield and called themselves a team. I am simply throwing out a good idea to our Evo community, and see what everyone thinks. I am now the President of Import Illusions, and I will also be looking to pick up alot of hot and new cars to join our crew. It is now going to be a newly formed crew. It was an all Honda and Acura car club in which we had some of the fastest cars in Killeen, fastest throwing down a 10sec 1/4 mile on drag radials with boost no nitrous. Now I am opening up for any legit import. I will consider all that is serious with their love for cars, but people who are also looking to form a close and problem free team. Sort of like a brotherhood, but one that does not cause any drama with other teams, or individuals with the same passion.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 12:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
I wasn't blaming you. Let me know when you are ready on the tires.
Im trying to find a good set but its not that easy, I really like the Star Specs. I think I might just get some cheap ones for now and get a good set when spring comes around again. I looked into the NT05's and they are a good looking tire with good reviews. I just might get those but Im not sure yet.
Old Oct 12, 2009, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

hey monkey, you almost have your five hundred posts lol
Old Oct 13, 2009, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
hey monkey, you almost have your five hundred posts lol
I would of been there a very long time ago, but it only counts on the important threads when you help out another member or the community. I try to help everyone and am not really looking for max post.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:00 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i noticed that to. oh well though.
Old Oct 13, 2009, 10:19 AM

Thanks for the advice. I will make sure that I get the cars I'm interested in looked at really good before I pick one up. But I can't wait to get one I been a Evo fan since I first heard of them back in the mid 90's. Studied up on them alot. I really would like a TME evo. That's actually my personal favorite. Maybe one day i'll get stationed in good ol japan
Old Oct 13, 2009, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

NabiExodus:

You should make a list of the ones that you like and when you get home go and look at them. There are plenty of good deals out there on the 8 & 9 Evos, unless you are looking at the X's. One thing is you will be very happy with your Evo no matter what model you get. I miss my MR a lot and now have a X, they are fun cars to own and drive. Just wait to you get the mod cancer, that b!tch spreads really fast!
Old Oct 14, 2009, 05:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bankaiup
Sorry I don't post much..pretty much been on the subie forums, but I do own a 09 ralliart =) Mario can vouch for the subie guys we aren't that bad
Steve and the Subaru guys have been great to hang out with. Just bunch guys talking cars and drama free. What more can you ask for. Here as of lately they/we have gone bowling after the meets. What a blast.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in