Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2009, 10:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mybad!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
gravvy: I've seen your Evo around. Normally on Hood road. Gotta luv it!! and good luck with the report dates!!
I'm still in Cali...
Old Jan 28, 2009, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Pure: did you ever get a helmet? i have a near brand new one!
Any pics? Might be interested.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

pure - you owe us autocrossing pics! I need some so I can go to MWR and see about having one setup on post.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Man, it sure does sound like a lot of guys are yelling at me. I have to say that Uncle Sam has had his thumb on my throat all week with this deployment order preparation. I walked in the house last night at 2300 or so only to be back in the office at 0830. That sure does sound like an Iraqi shift in my opinion. I think I'm working with a lot of Field Grades that are unhappily married. Heck, one of them even stayed overnight in the office. Dang!

Originally Posted by evoredy
thanks chief. get that e85 beast going. almost every evo back home in cali is switching over...around 370WHP and 350WTQ on a 9 with stock turbo/e85/cams/light turbo porting/minor mods. amazing fuel. bryan@gst is also a local tuner heh along with 2 other 4 wheel dyno's within a 60 mile radius. makes me think twice about my gt35r. i don't have enough fuel to run e85 right now as i only got a single walbro and rc1200's.
There are only a few fellahs that call me El Jefe! Do I know you? I mean, there is a fellah in my unit with a TB EVO that's always pretty cool.

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
I am ordering parts for the X. Look like I'm getting an AP w/tune on 9 FEB. I got some IC pipes and CF splitters on the way. Right now I am trying to hone in on the proper exhaust so I'll be ready for a nice custom tune. I hope I can hit 340whp on Cobb's MD.
IMO, I say forget those CF splitters and beef up those "power adders" and "go fast" parts. Isn't the X set at 291hp or roughly 247whp? You know I have a problem with power and I guess I have a complex or something. I checked out that CSB brief this week and it was pretty enlightening. Bottom line, if anyone plans on doing 30 years service, the retirement scales equal at 75% (minus 1% COLA). I can deal with that. Who am I kidding? I plan on doing 20 years and then throw the "deuces"!

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
well...found out today that my original report date is still on. I should be incoming around 10 Feb with Super Panda. I requested a 2 week change in my date to have enough time to clear and also travel time but I'll have to see what happens. Wish me luck!
Drive safe, bro. It's been pretty icy here lately. Of course you don't have that issue in sunny California.

Pure: did you ever get a helmet? i have a near brand new one!
Shawn, glad to see you made it! I never got a helmet but sure do need one. You do know that I have a big milk jug head. Keep it in your car and then hopefully I can make the short drive from West Fort Hood to check it out.

pure - you owe us autocrossing pics! I need some so I can go to MWR and see about having one setup on post.
I know. I've been having some issues uploading them on Photobucket. I'll try my desktop in a second. Stand by...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

Evo Spotted 29 JAN 09.

Today I saw a black evo x gsr with aero kit on ft hood.

I also briefly met my evil twin. I was a little distracted so sorry about that.

I also watched ct9ababe speed around a pick up on 190 this am.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Evo Spotted 29 JAN 09. Today I saw a black evo x gsr with aero kit on ft hood. I also briefly met my evil twin. I was a little distracted so sorry about that. I also watched ct9ababe speed around a pick up on 190 this am.
It was only a matter of time before you met your match. That's why you should get that FP Red and just be the Don of CenTex EVO Xs. Just a thought...
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Man, it sure does sound like a lot of guys are yelling at me. ..
I don't think I've ever yelled at you

I would like some help from my fellow Fort Hood Evo/Lancer owners tho.

As some of you know I will be incoming on 10 Feb. I need to find a good, CHEAP 1 Bedroom apartment or Loft in a nice area. If anyone has any ideas please let me know through PM so that the thread doesn't get polluted.

Thanks
Old Jan 29, 2009, 08:24 PM

I added myself to the social group.

Oh, I am ordering parts for the X. Look like I'm getting an AP w/tune on 9 FEb. I got some IC pipes and CF splitters on the way. Right now I am trying to hone in on the proper exhaust so I'll be ready for a nice custom tune. I hope I can hit 340whp on Cobb's MD.
found out about it I've been trying to spread the word, I even told the mechanic who did my oil at automax!

Hope it goes well, I have full hard IC piping along with a AP intake and Perrin TBE so I'm hoping for decent numbers.

I will let everyone know how it goes.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 10:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
There are only a few fellahs that call me El Jefe! Do I know you? I mean, there is a fellah in my unit with a TB EVO that's always pretty cool.
lol. negative on that. you stated you were a cw3 on some other post while i was trolling, so i just abbreviated.

my evo is RR/in the youtube video.

its pretty funny actually, i've 'never' called a wo chief ever except for on this forum.

well i think i might flake on the superbowl party and head to the track or do both on sunday. need some logs and need to test out the ra lsd. just put in a motorola 4bar map sensor and wanna see how it does at 28psi on the track. i got a sidebar project with some map to maf code and was limited with the stock 1bar.

all of you guys are welcome to watch me bog on the starting line and try to show off in the wetbox. the idiot poured water when i said "NO WATER" and then had the gall to tell my i had to burn out because theres too much water on my tires. so i dumped the clutch at around 6K and held the burnout till i saw smoke. that was a mistake because i overheated my tires and bogged like a ****. my car launched then stopped short of the 60ft marker and then went again lol. thats how you break stuff.

my goal is to best my 12.9 with mid/low 12 this time and have a plan for 11's next time. i'll post back if i don't go or the track is closed.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Well, I have my T1R IC pipes in the garage. Perrin TBE on the way. Now that ECU Flash is out, I am looking at a KevinD tune.

EvoRedy - what do you have done to your ride?
Old Jan 30, 2009, 03:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I have my T1R IC pipes in the garage. Perrin TBE on the way. Now that ECU Flash is out, I am looking at a KevinD tune.

EvoRedy - what do you have done to your ride?
nice. who's kevind lol. what kind of a dyno does he have? good to know there's some tuners around. i remeber when i got my fist "drop in tune" from WORKS in '04. holy crap was i smiling as it was a night and day difference. ANYTHING will make that X come alive at this point.

here's my modlist:
03 RR EVO 8
3"DP/TP/supersprint catback (best exhaust in the WORLD)
GSC 272/272 cams
WORKS Aperture II TB
Agency Power GT3582R Turbo Kit
Tial 38MM externally dumped wastegate
hallman pro mbc
Perrin Wannabe Intercooler lol its badass and cheap
perrin boost tube thing
jdm diverter
dejon 4" MAF pipe/k&n cone/stock MAF
rc 1200cc injectors
single walbro 255
aeromotive fpr
perrin fuel rail
ACT XTSS/street disc
RA front LSD
EIP Dyno tuned at 11.1:1 AFR
every ecu mod lol
LC-1 for making sure things don't blow up.
stock GSR suspension/mr bbs rims powdercoated black/defi analog boost gauge/thats it on the asthetics lol

i run 25-27psi ususally. never seen past 28 yet. i run 93 pump all the time.

i think thats it.i do all the work myself. but...i paid someone to do the clutch 'cause i can lol--blasphemous i know, and yes i checked evey bolt afterwords heh.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

You should be in the 11s with that setup.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 06:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gravvy: my bad, you have a twin here then. same color, same rims, don't know about the cf hood tho.
Old Jan 30, 2009, 06:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Evo Spotted 29 JAN 09.

Today I saw a black evo x gsr with aero kit on ft hood.

I also briefly met my evil twin. I was a little distracted so sorry about that.

I also watched ct9ababe speed around a pick up on 190 this am.

sorry this is a little off subject, but a couple Evos are gathering at the old Target at 830 if you wanted to roll thru.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in