Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah you know, I think its cool to hang out with the subie guys. After all they are not that much different from us, and even if they were different from us, they are still people and still share the same passion. Hell, i'd chill with anyone who has the same passion as I do. Its a community of tuners, thats what it is all about. As far as going bowling, wow i havent bowled in a while. Im pretty good though hahaha.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
NabiExodus:

You should make a list of the ones that you like and when you get home go and look at them. There are plenty of good deals out there on the 8 & 9 Evos, unless you are looking at the X's. One thing is you will be very happy with your Evo no matter what model you get. I miss my MR a lot and now have a X, they are fun cars to own and drive. Just wait to you get the mod cancer, that b!tch spreads really fast!

Yeah, I know how the modding thing starts/goes .....I've already done that with my rsx type s that I have right now, but its mostly suspension and brake mods....im gonna see how much the dealer is offering me for it and if the price is right they can take it.....if not ill try to sell it...
Old Oct 14, 2009, 08:04 AM

I have been on here for a while now but thought that it was time to formally introduce myself. I just moved to Ft Hood from Wiesbaden, Germany. I just got my 2008 Evo in Sept. I was introduced to this forum by my boy Levar aka Black Mamba from Ft Hood. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you fellow Evo members in the Ft Hood area. I've done a little work to my car but I have a long way to go so any advice or suggestions would be welcome.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bmw2evo
I have been on here for a while now but thought that it was time to formally introduce myself. I just moved to Ft Hood from Wiesbaden, Germany. I just got my 2008 Evo in Sept. I was introduced to this forum by my boy Levar aka Black Mamba from Ft Hood. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you fellow Evo members in the Ft Hood area. I've done a little work to my car but I have a long way to go so any advice or suggestions would be welcome.
Welcome. Levar is a good friend of mine. I will/should be out this friday at Advanced Auto on Stan S. and Elm Rd.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

bmw2evo, welcome to the great place hahaha.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by bmw2evo
Charles, it's about time you introduced yourself to the fellahs. You are in pretty good hands now. I'll be seeing you fellahs in about a month and a half. I have to get that E85 tune done along with the garage full of parts I have sitting around. The Mamba is still in College Station needing to be towed to Nolanville. I guess Wendy is jealous of the 'ole girl.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Sorry fellahs, I forget to add. There is a good chance that the family and I are rolling along to Fort Huachuca, Arizona shortly after I get home. I would like for the Mamba to be 100% up and running as I heard there are some pretty strong EVOs in the Tucson/Phoenix area. The parts/installation that I'm looking to have done ASAP are: 4" FMIC, EPM O2 dump, 1200cc injectors, APS twin-vent BOV, Works lowering springs, Buschur ported/jet coated exhaust manifold, boost/oil pressure/wideband gauges, map switching harness (for pump/E85), Buschur race muffler along with an E85 tune. I would like to have this done within the first two weeks when I get home so I'll be on rapid fire as soon as I touch ground. I'm open to all recommendations as to how I should go about getting this done. See you fellahs soon!
Old Oct 15, 2009, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Hey has anyone seen this civic. This is my old car and I got rid of it a while ago. Im on the look out for it. If anyone has seen it, let me know. thanks.

Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Sorry fellahs, I forget to add. There is a good chance that the family and I are rolling along to Fort Huachuca, Arizona shortly after I get home. I would like for the Mamba to be 100% up and running as I heard there are some pretty strong EVOs in the Tucson/Phoenix area. The parts/installation that I'm looking to have done ASAP are: 4" FMIC, EPM O2 dump, 1200cc injectors, APS twin-vent BOV, Works lowering springs, Buschur ported/jet coated exhaust manifold, boost/oil pressure/wideband gauges, map switching harness (for pump/E85), Buschur race muffler along with an E85 tune. I would like to have this done within the first two weeks when I get home so I'll be on rapid fire as soon as I touch ground. I'm open to all recommendations as to how I should go about getting this done. See you fellahs soon!
Levar all of the parts you want to put on are easy to put on. The gauges are the ones that I never put on myself. If you want to put all of this on it is a all day thing but it can be done. Let me know when you are back in town and I can give you a hand if you are doing the installs yourself.
Old Oct 15, 2009, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Mario:

That is some funny **** going on with the Subie guys. I think I know why they are easier to get along with, they have a sense of humor. Evo guys, to busy with their egos. (lets see how many of you get your feelings hurt)
Old Oct 16, 2009, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Mario:

That is some funny **** going on with the Subie guys. I think I know why they are easier to get along with, they have a sense of humor. Evo guys, to busy with their egos. (lets see how many of you get your feelings hurt)
I told you.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
I told you.
Are you working today? I think I might need you to take my car to get the tires, that is if you can. I will try to take it myself, you know my situation so that puts a me in a tight spot. I might make it to the meet if you guys will be at AA.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Well I got the new tires on today and this is what she looks like.

Old Oct 17, 2009, 07:51 AM
Evolving Member

Well I got the new tires on today and this is what she looks like.

Looks really good. You should take an a$$ shot so you can see how wide the 275s look.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Hey monkey, my car is going to the shop to get some work done to it, and they are going to go ahead and lower the car. So its one thing I wont have to worry about when I get home. There will be quite a bit of things I need to do to get the car ready to go get tuned by KevinD though.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in