Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2009, 04:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Hey monkey, my car is going to the shop to get some work done to it, and they are going to go ahead and lower the car. So its one thing I wont have to worry about when I get home. There will be quite a bit of things I need to do to get the car ready to go get tuned by KevinD though.
Try to post some pictures if you can get them from the shop, just let me know when you get back and we can get started on the things you need help with. I will be changing my springs again here soon. I want a stiffer suspension, most hate it but I like it.
Old Oct 22, 2009, 05:10 AM
Evolving Member

Going to see KevinD tonight!
Old Oct 24, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
Going to see KevinD tonight!
How did it go, did you get a new tune, if so how does she feel?
Old Oct 24, 2009, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
How did it go, did you get a new tune, if so how does she feel?
It went great. I can't stop smiling.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It went great. I can't stop smiling.
So Mario, what did you have done besides the tune? Oh yeah, it's about time you made the trip to Dallas to get squared away. I, too have an appointment in about a month to take the Mamba to the next level. I'll see you fellahs soon.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
So Mario, what did you have done besides the tune? Oh yeah, it's about time you made the trip to Dallas to get squared away. I, too have an appointment in about a month to take the Mamba to the next level. I'll see you fellahs soon.
I installed Nisei full pipe kit, Spoolinup COP, and a Boomba TB. I then had Kevin install a boost controller, a walbro, and then had him tune.
Old Oct 25, 2009, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

I installed Nisei full pipe kit, Spoolinup COP, and a Boomba TB. I then had Kevin install a boost controller, a walbro, and then had him tune.
That is great my friend. Things are coming along quite well for you and I can see that you are focusing on keeping things responsive due to your autox adventures. You have to send me a link to that COP set up that you have as I've thought about getting a similar product and I'd like to do some comparisons. Did you go with an EBC or MBC? I have to make a trip to Dallas as well when I get home. I've bought a few parts since being here and need a few things done to the Mamba when I get home. I've bought a 3.5" FMIC, APS twin vent BOV, EPM O2 dump pipe, 1200cc injectors, map switching harness for E85 tune, and had the OEM exhaust manifold ported and black ceramic coated by MAP Performance. I still need to buy the boost, oil pressure, and A/F ratio gauges.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:57 AM
Evolving Member

That is great my friend. Things are coming along quite well for you and I can see that you are focusing on keeping things responsive due to your autox adventures. You have to send me a link to that COP set up that you have as I've thought about getting a similar product and I'd like to do some comparisons. Did you go with an EBC or MBC? I have to make a trip to Dallas as well when I get home. I've bought a few parts since being here and need a few things done to the Mamba when I get home. I've bought a 3.5" FMIC, APS twin vent BOV, EPM O2 dump pipe, 1200cc injectors, map switching harness for E85 tune, and had the OEM exhaust manifold ported and black ceramic coated by MAP Performance. I still need to buy the boost, oil pressure, and A/F ratio gauges.
I'd skip the A/F gauge unless you are getting a wideband. I am setting myself up for a BBK in the future. As for boost control. I got one of those KevinD specials.

Last edited by wariosport; Oct 26, 2009 at 05:25 AM.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 05:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Levar, I have all three at the house. Brand new in the box. Letting them go cheap. What size are you looking for? I'll pm you pics of them.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
Levar, I have all three at the house. Brand new in the box. Letting them go cheap. What size are you looking for? I'll pm you pics of them.
Hey where'd you go friday night?
Old Oct 26, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

I'd skip the A/F gauge unless you are getting a wideband. I am setting myself up for a BBK in the future. As for boost control. I got one of those KevinD specials.
The reason why the A/F is needed is because of my future corn mix. So, it's be BBK, huh? I'm glad you are deciding to go a bit bigger as that BBK has proven to be a monster regardless of the fuel used. You've always taken you time with your build is a quality that I've proven I clearly DO NOT have. For the boost controller route, did you go with this product? And you mean to tell me that you don't know if it's electronic or manual?

http://www.evodynamics.com/3portpn.html

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
Shawn, great looking out with the gauges. Send the pictures along with the price to my "regular" email address of: levar.wilson@us.army.mil. I can't wait to see you fellahs!
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Yes its electronic. And yes that's the one. Nothing to special.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 04:46 PM

A/F comes in 2 Wideband and Narrowband ...pretty much the wideband runs more volts and plugs into the DP ...and the narrowband connect to some misc wires LOL it's a freaking lightshow...I know i've installed both
Old Oct 26, 2009, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bankaiup
A/F comes in 2 Wideband and Narrowband ...pretty much the wideband runs more volts and plugs into the DP ...and the narrowband connect to some misc wires LOL it's a freaking lightshow...I know i've installed both
Agreed. I had a narrowband on my DSM and it was just plain annoying at night.
Old Oct 27, 2009, 01:00 PM

Anyone have a spare Transfer Case that I can buy off of them? I need to send a TC into ShepTrans when I come back in January so that I'm 100% when my tour is over later in 2010

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in