Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wariosport
Hey Monkey do you still have your Evo 8 trunk? I was thinkin of maybe buying it.
Yes I still have it.

My plans were to have the holes welded and the lock removed so I could switch from wing to wingless.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
Levar if you call me from a different # you might have to leave a message, I dont really answer unless I know the number. I will call back as soon as I listen to it, I will be at home this weekend. Weather is going to be sh!tty this Sunday so I will stay home. We can do the springs when you want, let me know a day ahead so I can all the stuff ready.
I have an appointment in the morning at 0930 and then I'm going to try to clear CIF. After that I'm pretty much done with the major things and I'll probably clear my unit on Tuesday. My phone is back up and running.
Old Dec 7, 2009, 04:45 PM

I know, short notice for some.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show....php?t=1891924
Old Dec 8, 2009, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

pure_evo:

Did you take car of the Mamba and how do you like the ride?
Old Dec 8, 2009, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
pure_evo: Did you take car of the Mamba and how do you like the ride?
I sure did and the alignment costs right under $70 total at the Firestone on-post. I really can't tell right now the difference as I can't get on her until I get tuned due to me not knowing what's truly wrong with the Mamba. I will say that I did take a corner with Wendy in the car faster than I ever have and you should have seen the look on her face when she asked me, "What are you driving?" Again, I'd like to THANK YOU so much for taking the time out to help me with my electronic and mechanical flaws. Don't forget to close the loop by sending me the PM as you said you would.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 05:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
is the girls name, Jen_____. if so, tell her Shawn said wassup
I should get paid on the side for the hook-ups I find for those interested. Here is what you need, Shawn now stop being scared and pull the trigger. I'll be waiting for a new thread with the full review when I get to Arizona.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ve...o-instock.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...rbo-stock.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...omei-more.html

Last edited by Levar; Dec 9, 2009 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Updated Websites
Old Dec 9, 2009, 02:51 PM

I dont trust anyone local to do **** to my car especially on post. I garrante they forgot something or just got the settings in the "green" and sent it back out the door. Soulspeed is all I trust with alignments.

Hey monkey, that ww evo 9 works at 2-4, still has temp tags.
Old Dec 9, 2009, 03:26 PM

Getting MEB
Hey everyone I have an evo 9 clutch master cylinder with lines for sell(new). I was going to use it for the conversion kit for my X but not any more. Also selling my 2008 ZX10R with only 1,400 miles, can't use it cuz of my back surgery. selling everything. 22" rims 5 spokes 3" lip(6 lug pattern). and tires 305/40 22 and 265/35 22.
I'm cleaning my garage. if interested let me know, if you know of anyone who is, also tell them. My time got cut short in Ft Hood.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey does anyone know who does good body work. What I would like to do is open up my front bumper some more. I like how on the VIII's you can see the entire intercooler. With the IX the mouth is much smaller. My intent is to open it up some to expose the end tanks of the intercooler. I dont want my bumper looking all scraggly and rigid looking. So if anyone knows anyone that is above the standard when it comes to doing body work, I'd appreciate it if could let me know. Also to, the wing on my car is still on the car, but I will be getting rid of it as soon as I get home. If anyone is interested I'd be more then happy to let it go for $100 or an UICP or a LICP. Just throwing that out there to see what I can get. Let me know guys.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scby rex
I dont trust anyone local to do **** to my car especially on post. I garrante they forgot something or just got the settings in the "green" and sent it back out the door. Soulspeed is all I trust with alignments.
They treated me pretty good the last time and even gave me the print out so that I could view the work myself. I had Mario check it out for me and he said that things looked pretty good as he too is a dedicated customer of Soulspeed. My timeline is short here at Fort Hood and taking trips to Austin isn't on my agenda.

Originally Posted by MikeAce
Getting MEB. Hey everyone I have an evo 9 clutch master cylinder with lines for sell(new). I was going to use it for the conversion kit for my X but not any more. Also selling my 2008 ZX10R with only 1,400 miles, can't use it cuz of my back surgery. selling everything. 22" rims 5 spokes 3" lip(6 lug pattern). and tires 305/40 22 and 265/35 22.
I'm cleaning my garage. if interested let me know, if you know of anyone who is, also tell them. My time got cut short in Ft Hood.
Mike, I'm sorry to hear about that (unless it's good news for you...). What are your plans once you get out if I can ask? I can send you some resume examples and other things if you are interested considering that I, too, am getting out of the Army.

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Hey does anyone know who does good body work. What I would like to do is open up my front bumper some more. I like how on the VIII's you can see the entire intercooler. With the IX the mouth is much smaller. My intent is to open it up some to expose the end tanks of the intercooler. I dont want my bumper looking all scraggly and rigid looking. So if anyone knows anyone that is above the standard when it comes to doing body work, I'd appreciate it if could let me know. Also to, the wing on my car is still on the car, but I will be getting rid of it as soon as I get home. If anyone is interested I'd be more then happy to let it go for $100 or an UICP or a LICP. Just throwing that out there to see what I can get. Let me know guys.
How is Camp Taji, my friend? I know the weather is probably cooler now. Reading through your post, I'm assuming that you have a IX front bumper, right? If so, I'm a fan of the IX bumper and have been trying to look for one for a while. I have a TB VIII if you are interested in a straight up trade and I'll just have to work on getting it painted when I get to Arizona. I, personally, don't know of anyone locally that can do what you've asked and if you do have a IX, why not just buy a VIII bumper (or other aftermarket bumper), get it painted, and call it done. I've seen an white EVO with a black spoiler that looked pretty good. I wonder how a TB EVO would look with a white spoiler. Ummm...
Old Dec 10, 2009, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh yeah Taji is way cool now lol. The rain makes for a nice slip n slide muddy day also. This is the time of the year where I get really annoyed being here. Yeah my car is a IX. I'd rather keep the IX bumper and just open it up a little bit. I seen one member on here do it, and his looks really nice. It even made me think it was aftermarket at first. Plus I think my wife ordered the Carbon Fiber APR lip for it as a christmas present lol. She would flip if she wasted money lol. I think Tommy's customs can do it for a good price, I just have to shoot them an email. They have done some really good work with our past cars in Import Illusions.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:18 AM

Mike, I'm sorry to hear about that (unless it's good news for you...). What are your plans once you get out if I can ask? I can send you some resume examples and other things if you are interested considering that I, too, am getting out of the Army.
My plans for now is to finish college(masters and so on) until GI Bill runs out, and be a certified auto mechanic. Depending on the % i get maybe I keep working on aircraft, but "most likely" they said I'll get 100%. Anyway my inlaw has a auto shop and I plan to keep it.
Yeah sure send some examples, I need to be ready for everything and anything. But first I need to sell some of my other toys to buy another car for my wife.
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by scby rex
Damn, my car is back up on jack stands awaiting a new diff
Old Dec 10, 2009, 09:37 AM

Can anyone point me where can I get my car inspection and do I need to put the cat back on?
Old Dec 10, 2009, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

Pure_evo,

Are you going to be home the week of the 20th? I will be back in town. I'd like to check out the Mamba.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in