Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2010, 04:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
just for reference, i've tuned 400+ different evos. less then 1% have blown up (and when you meet all the people driving these cars, how they drive them and what they do sometimes, thats an amazing number). and we don't know why pure evos motor blew yet either, as nothing has been inspected or taken apart. i can assure you there were issues with the car that could be related to the premature failure though. and when the car left me, the tune was good.

also, i tuned JMS's car before he started his shop (i.e. hes still a rookie). when he gets to having hundreds and hundreds of evos on the streets with his tune, you'll be hearing about JMS blown motors too (and there was already one guy with a JMS tune who threw a rod as well, so like i said, it happens to every shop). it sucks when it happens, and we do everything we can to prevent it. i've helped everyone thats had an issue with work done by me, and pure evo is no exception.

ok so it looks really professional that you come on here and call someone a rookie... also you have no clue on how bad gerad raced the **** out of that car.. your tune lasted less than a week his lasted like over 20k miles of pure racing so i dont know how you can compare the two...

also how do you know that he hasnt tuned tons and tons of evos.. that probably why he has a waiting line longer than the block to build evos cause they obviously are doing something right..

also jorge is on his way back from delivering a car to mexico with a speed density conversion.. so he'll be here in a bit to say a couple of things..
that is why you see a bunch of videos of jms evos tearing up the street.. and pure evo knows what im talking about i pm'd you the video... anyone else wants a video of what my stock turbo is doing on e85 let me know ill link it to you...

Last edited by Evostacio; Jan 4, 2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Evostacio
ok so it looks really professional that you come on here and call someone a rookie... also you have no clue on how bad gerad raced the **** out of that car.. your tune lasted less than a week his lasted like over 20k miles of pure racing so i dont know how you can compare the two...

also how do you know that he hasnt tuned tons and tunes of evos.. that probably why he has a waiting line longer than the block to build evos cause they obviously are doing something right..
don't be so quick to blame the tune. what if the gas in his car turns out to be water soaked, E60? speculation is what spreads romours. each time Levar has brought me his car, really weird things were wrong with it (and both could have been VERY bad, and either could have been a precursor to the thrown rod). i showed in the other thread his tune left me running perfect. i've got a dozen evos here running tunes very similair to Levars for months/years, all working fine.

any i've got 11 evos at my shop, and a waiting list for 3 weeks for work too (and the list has been that long for 3 years straight).

i'm not saying JMS doesn't know what they are doing, just pointing out they don't have nearly as many cars tuned as i do. people street race around here too... street racing is childs play compared to road racing (and if you haven't done it, you don't know what i'm talking about). if you pull up to my shop and your brakes are black (and not from painting them black), then i know the car has been driven hard. my cars got 80,000 miles of my tune on it, driven harder then this gerads guys car, and my motor hasn't exploded yet.. so is that saying JMS sucks cause his tune/motor didn't make 90k miles? no, it just means something happened... motors just don't get old and explode. and why didn't Levars motor pop when i tuned it? we dont know.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:18 PM
Former Sponsor

also jorge is on his way back from delivering a car to mexico with a speed density conversion.. so he'll be here in a bit to say a couple of things..
that is why you see a bunch of videos of jms evos tearing up the street.. and pure evo knows what im talking about i pm'd you the video... anyone else wants a video of what my stock turbo is doing on e85 let me know ill link it to you...

i've got a few videos if you want to see too.

and jorge wont be here to post because he isn't a paying vendor (and what the hell jorge, its about time you do that ya cheap bastard ).
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:22 PM
Evolving Member

im pretty sure he can still post and say hi if he wants...

and gerad deff made it passed 90k miles
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

i'm not saying JMS doesn't know what they are doing, just pointing out they don't have nearly as many cars tuned as i do. people street race around here too... street racing is childs play compared to road racing (and if you haven't done it, you don't know what i'm talking about). if you pull up to my shop and your brakes are black (and not from painting them black), then i know the car has been driven hard. my cars got 80,000 miles of my tune on it, driven harder then this gerads guys car, and my motor hasn't exploded yet.. so is that saying JMS sucks cause his tune/motor didn't make 90k miles? no, it just means something happened... motors just don't get old and explode. and why didn't Levars motor pop when i tuned it? we dont know.
then what do you mean by calling them a rookie really seems like a quote meant to say they dont know what they are doing ..
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

then what do you mean by calling them a rookie really seems like a quote meant to say they dont know what they are doing ..
Its all how you interpret it and you are going about it the WRONG way. Caling someone a rookie means that they are still learning not that they dont know what they are doing. Kevin is a great guy and has helped a lot of us evo guys here in the Ft. Hood area. Everyone here knows him and takes that 3 hour drive just to see him. I know you will say that guys do the same for your shop, most guys find shops using Google. We use Kevin cause of his reputation not because we found him on Google.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I sure did. The Mamba is now safely in her temporary winter resting place. This summer will be quite a showing!

What kind of ring is that on her finger? Did you take my advice? {thumbup
Glad to hear she made it safe.

That ring on her finger is letting everyone know she is taken, but sorry we are not married at all, I am still single.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Glad to hear she made it safe.

That ring on her finger is letting everyone know she is taken, but sorry we are not married at all, I am still single.
Congrats! I think.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

i've got a few videos if you want to see too.

and jorge wont be here to post because he isn't a paying vendor (and what the hell jorge, its about time you do that ya cheap bastard ).
Thanks for the remarks Kevin

For a little intel..Back in 07' when I first got my Evo, it's true Kevin did flash it. Car was quick and reliable on pump/meth. No complaints.

The main reason I got into tuning was after seeing fly-in tuners here in town leaving cars slow and lacking overall. I saw the need for tuning here in SA so I took on the task by educating myself, attending EFI101..learning from Chris Macallero..one of the best tuners, period. Gaining experience by retuning my car from scratch on AEM and flashing other locals here. The results since have been nothing less than stellar in my opinion. A lot of the Evo's I've tuned are not on EvoM, but are out there racing night after night.

In my opinion quantity means nothing compared to quality. So far since my rookie self has been doing this I have tuned Texas' fastest street Evo. My personal Evo that ran a 10.0 weighing 3300lbs with me in it that I drove to and from the track. Killeen's fastest Evo (Jon's blue one) which he daily drives and runs 11's without traction and full weight. Couple more 130+ mph daily driven Evo's and bolt-on Evo's that terrorize the local V8's.

Evo X with an FP Red that has yet to throw a code or go into limp mode running low 12's on 93 octane alone weighing 4000lbs. No Evo X of mine has been left on the side of the road because of limp modes or codes.

Just got back from Mexico handing over what I believe (I could be wrong) was Tx's first speed density converted stock Ecu Evo. Video will be up soon documenting that trip.

We'll continue to do what we do here..and that's put out beastly imports.

Jorge R.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:41 PM

Here Mario this is for you! hahah
. dont mind the beast in the background!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by scby rex
Here Mario this is for you! hahah
. dont mind the beast in the background!
Nice. I can't wait to come back and compete with you.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
and we don't know why pure evos motor blew yet either, as nothing has been inspected or taken apart. i can assure you there were issues with the car that could be related to the premature failure though. and when the car left me, the tune was good.

i've helped everyone thats had an issue with work done by me, and pure evo is no exception.
I received your email. I will give you a call later tonight to see if you are in the shop.

your tune lasted less than a week his lasted like over 20k miles of pure racing so i dont know how you can compare the two...
don't be so quick to blame the tune. what if the gas in his car turns out to be water soaked, E60? speculation is what spreads romours. each time Levar has brought me his car, really weird things were wrong with it (and both could have been VERY bad, and either could have been a precursor to the thrown rod). i showed in the other thread his tune left me running perfect.
Yes. It could have been any number of things and like I've said from the beginning that I know all blocks aren't identical. The bottom line is that this has put a large dent in the pocket book (at a time less than favorable) and I just don't want to go through this again.

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Originally Posted by wariosport
Congrats! I think.
Mario, just between the two of us, it surely does look like one of those "married" rings as it's bigger than Wendy's.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo

Mario, just between the two of us, it surely does look like one of those "married" rings as it's bigger than Wendy's.
Dead man walking!!!
Old Jan 4, 2010, 07:57 PM

Missed you at christmas time Mario. Now Im busy helping Dave get a open class car ready for sno*drift at the end of the month.
Old Jan 4, 2010, 09:14 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Nissan2Evo

Just got back from Mexico handing over what I believe (I could be wrong) was Tx's first speed density converted stock Ecu Evo. Video will be up soon documenting that trip.

Jorge R.
JMS ROCKS!!!!

Thanks to Jorge, Joaquin and Frankie!! JMS team are excellent people, i'm a satisfied customer!

Highly recomended my evo is the first sd evo in México, and I love it!

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in