Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KevinD
just for reference, i've tuned 400+ different evos. less then 1% have blown up (and when you meet all the people driving these cars, how they drive them and what they do sometimes, thats an amazing number). and we don't know why pure evos motor blew yet either, as nothing has been inspected or taken apart. i can assure you there were issues with the car that could be related to the premature failure though. and when the car left me, the tune was good.

also, i tuned JMS's car before he started his shop (i.e. hes still a rookie). when he gets to having hundreds and hundreds of evos on the streets with his tune, you'll be hearing about JMS blown motors too (and there was already one guy with a JMS tune who threw a rod as well, so like i said, it happens to every shop). it sucks when it happens, and we do everything we can to prevent it. i've helped everyone thats had an issue with work done by me, and pure evo is no exception.

Yeah I understand. I am just trying to find the best place to go to get my evo tuned. I know there are a million and one different things that can factor a car into blowing the motor. I dont blame a tune on it. I know ameture tuning can cause it. But everyone knows you are not a rookie. As of right now, my plans is to get tuned by you when i get home. I am still hoping around the Feb time frame to get the tune. I just was told about JMS and was interested. I am all about finding the best deals as well as a good and reliable tune. My plans are to head to your shop for my tune.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aleZZ
JMS ROCKS!!!!

Thanks to Jorge, Joaquin and Frankie!! JMS team are excellent people, i'm a satisfied customer!

Highly recomended my evo is the first sd evo in México, and I love it!

awsome, their doing this with the evos too! 16 bit wrx's are doing this on stock ecu's also, their still tring to figure out how to do the 32 bit ones.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
Congrats! I think.
Originally Posted by pure_evo

Mario, just between the two of us, it surely does look like one of those "married" rings as it's bigger than Wendy's.
Originally Posted by wariosport
Dead man walking!!!
Sorry guys, Im not sitting on death row just yet, I did give it to her but thats to let guys know SHE is taken. We are in no way thinking of getting married, only time will tell and that is something I dont want to rush into.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Does anyone have any good intel on JMS racing in San Antonio? I was going to get my tune from KevinD, then was told about some evo blowing the motor afterwards. I was also told JMS did some great tuning also. And its 250 bucks for a tune rather then $300. If anyone has any info on JMS, let me know. Thanks guys. See some of yall in a couple weeks.
You will not be disappointed with JMS

I'm actually around their shop alot since I do alot of work for them.
These guys do things right, and do it right the first time.
Customer service is better than any other shop I have ever dealt with, and is why I will continue to support them as a business owner myself.

Look around and you will not see JMS bashing on forums, but instead spending time making customers happy with their work.

___
Carlos Tirado
Tirado Custom Coatings
Old Jan 5, 2010, 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have an extra mbc that they want to get rid of, and a test pipe?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have a Forge MBC sitting nicely in my garage. Name your price. Send me the address where you want it sent. My PayPal will be PM'd to you.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 04:56 AM

i have an extra buschur test pipe and an extra buschur high flow cat that i have no intention on using. the test pipe i think is too long though and its a 3 bolt flange
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:50 AM

I have to chuckle about all the hoopla created due to Ken Block moving to Ford. The news has been out for a while but it's just starting to be known by all the subi guys. They are already developing a fiesta gymkhana car.
What do I care? I own an evo now!
Old Jan 6, 2010, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ct78155
You will not be disappointed with JMS

I'm actually around their shop alot since I do alot of work for them.
These guys do things right, and do it right the first time.
Customer service is better than any other shop I have ever dealt with, and is why I will continue to support them as a business owner myself.

Look around and you will not see JMS bashing on forums, but instead spending time making customers happy with their work.

___
Carlos Tirado
Tirado Custom Coatings
So what other shops have you dealt with? I would also say that a shop I do work for is a great one and the best with customer service, after all we are business partners.

Ken Block drives a ford now?
Old Jan 6, 2010, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
So what other shops have you dealt with? I would also say that a shop I do work for is a great one and the best with customer service, after all we are business partners.
Carlos just coated a slew of parts for Bushur's personal Bad Bish
Old Jan 6, 2010, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

I'm not business partners with JMS, and about 90% of the work I do is from all over the US.
You asked if anybody had good intel on JMS, and I simply answered your question with my personal experience with them.

___
Carlos Tirado
Tirado Custom Coatings
Old Jan 6, 2010, 02:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by luckysoob
I have to chuckle about all the hoopla created due to Ken Block moving to Ford. The news has been out for a while but it's just starting to be known by all the subi guys. They are already developing a fiesta gymkhana car.
What do I care? I own an evo now!
I'm still amazed you fit in it. I think it would be really funny if he was sponsered by Smart.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Its all how you interpret it and you are going about it the WRONG way. Caling someone a rookie means that they are still learning not that they dont know what they are doing. Kevin is a great guy and has helped a lot of us evo guys here in the Ft. Hood area. Everyone here knows him and takes that 3 hour drive just to see him. I know you will say that guys do the same for your shop, most guys find shops using Google. We use Kevin cause of his reputation not because we found him on Google.
I already said it once before, some of you guys I have never seen on this thread until Kevin's work got questioned. Now it seems like a JMS groupie discussion, everyone will have a shop that they like. Some of us are just backing up Kevin's work, seems like others are blaming him for ONE car breaking down. I would hate to see a big wig like AMS get bashed around. I might get banned from EvoM for life!

I dont doubt that there are companies that deal with many Evo tuners and other manufacturers. Just dont say that one company is getting such great feedback while other arent.

Thats like me saying the Army is so great and the other branches suck cause of the number of people they are recruiting.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Fellahs

I'm not sure I really understand what all the semi-friction is all about. To briefly comment on the questioning of Kevin's work, (as non-offensive as I can say it) I've never done anything like that and I've always precluded my comments with "not to speculate" as I understood/understand how sensitive the topic was/is anytime someone has engine troubles and/or damage not to mention that I'd yet to have the engine diagnosed. Like I've stated in the thread I started, it was not a direct result of any tune that Kevin did. The engine had "issues" that were just waiting to happen and E85 at 30PSI only highlighted the inevitable. There should not be some sort of fault line created separating the north from the south as EVO Dynamics and JMS Racing have and will continue to put strong EVOs on the street. There's nothing wrong with representing the entire state of Texas as it's big enough and there is no shortage of victims out there that are not sporting the diamond-star emblem.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Fellahs

I'm not sure I really understand what all the semi-friction is all about. To briefly comment on the questioning of Kevin's work, (as non-offensive as I can say it) I've never done anything like that and I've always precluded my comments with "not to speculate" as I understood/understand how sensitive the topic was/is anytime someone has engine troubles and/or damage not to mention that I'd yet to have the engine diagnosed. Like I've stated in the thread I started, it was not a direct result of any tune that Kevin did. The engine had "issues" that were just waiting to happen and E85 at 30PSI only highlighted the inevitable. There should not be some sort of fault line created separating the north from the south as EVO Dynamics and JMS Racing have and will continue to put strong EVOs on the street. There's nothing wrong with representing the entire state of Texas as it's big enough and there is no shortage of victims out there that are not sporting the diamond-star emblem.
Well said brother. I think Kevin was only defending his work on the basis of what was posted by another member. When you have established a great reputation like his you are not going to sit by an let someone speculate on what went wrong on someone else's car. I'm sure the poster didn't mean or assume he was to blame when the owner is not sure what caused it.

I can personally vouch for him as I am a repeat customer and have personally watched him work.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in