Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Evostacio
but also that gauge i showed you pure evo dude is the stri it honestly reads accurate as ****..
True. And the plan is to pick up that set of three we spoke about when the time comes. I'll need someone to take my wheels, calipers, and valve cover off of my car in order for Carlos to work his magic.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
Going under the knife tomorrow. I'll be down for about a month! No Evoing... other than here and on NFS Carbon. This sucks!! Holla at yall when I can. Peace!! Evo up
It looks like I won't get a chance to see you before I head west. I leave on the 18th as my start date at the new job is 25JAN. Take care, my friend. Hurry up and get well so that you can get that E85 tune and have some real fun.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
It looks like I won't get a chance to see you before I head west. I leave on the 18th as my start date at the new job is 25JAN. Take care, my friend. Hurry up and get well so that you can get that E85 tune and have some real fun.
So will you be back in the summer time? I might be visiting by then. Although at this point I might be the last person to ride in the mamba after our last outing.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
So will you be back in the summer time? I might be visiting by then. Although at this point I might be the last person to ride in the mamba after our last outing.
Brother, you are always good for a ride in the Mamba. She's going to be another monster with the 2.3L on E85. More to follow...
Old Jan 12, 2010, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
Going under the knife tomorrow. I'll be down for about a month! No Evoing... other than here and on NFS Carbon. This sucks!! Holla at yall when I can. Peace!! Evo up
Hope everything goes ok and your recovery process is quick and painless. Let me know if you need anything.

Does this mean you are done and out of the Army? I am trailing behind, I should be out soon also. Good luck at the new job and it was fun hanging out with you.

You find any Evo guys in your area yet?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187

You find any Evo guys in your area yet?
Yeah. Two so far that came to the meets. I'm also going to my first autocross in GA. It's only 30 minutes away!
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:09 AM

Thanks all for the input... Still up in the air, I do agree that they are kinda cheap looking. Sort of Ricer ish. I'm not one who wants 20 gauges in the car like i'm a freakin pilot or anything just the basic ones that any boosted ride should have. Looking at the STRI gauges and they dont really do anything for me, and they dont come in Blue... May just fork over 5+ bills and go with the Colt series, they look pretty good and I read some reviews... Still debating and it will be another 2 months til i order them so they can get there around the time I get back.
PM me if anyone is selling a turbo and or FMIC, or any parts for that matter really.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Does this mean you are done and out of the Army? I am trailing behind, I should be out soon also. Good luck at the new job and it was fun hanging out with you.
Yes, my friend, out of the Army totally. I leave on the 18th for the skip out west.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:31 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah. Two so far that came to the meets. I'm also going to my first autocross in GA. It's only 30 minutes away!
Now you dont have to wake up at 0500 to hit the road by 0600 like you would here in TX.

Originally Posted by hammilljr
Thanks all for the input... Still up in the air, I do agree that they are kinda cheap looking. Sort of Ricer ish. I'm not one who wants 20 gauges in the car like i'm a freakin pilot or anything just the basic ones that any boosted ride should have. Looking at the STRI gauges and they dont really do anything for me, and they dont come in Blue... May just fork over 5+ bills and go with the Colt series, they look pretty good and I read some reviews... Still debating and it will be another 2 months til i order them so they can get there around the time I get back.
PM me if anyone is selling a turbo and or FMIC, or any parts for that matter really.
If Im not mistaken Stri gauges can change a multiple of colors, those were the ones I was going to get while I was at AMS the last time. I have a new in box Kelford 272 intake cam.

Yes, my friend, out of the Army totally. I leave on the 18th for the skip out west.
Congratulation on getting out, I will very soon hang up the boots also, I cant wait for that day. 10 years of military service is coming to an end.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

Now you dont have to wake up at 0500 to hit the road by 0600 like you would here in TX.
Man you ain't kidding. I can wake up at 0700 and roll out by 0730. That will be a first for me. I told you I would give you 20 bucks for that cam. LOL

I'll make sure to post my vids on youtube like I used to. My old vids are still on there Monkey if you get bored. Type in wariosport.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 11:50 AM

If Im not mistaken Stri gauges can change a multiple of colors, those were the ones I was going to get while I was at AMS the last time. I have a new in box Kelford 272 intake cam.

Got HKS 272's already...
I cant find any SRTI gauges that do multi change, just amber and white. If you got a link shoot it to me tho.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hammilljr
Got HKS 272's already...
I cant find any SRTI gauges that do multi change, just amber and white. If you got a link shoot it to me tho.
Maybe I mistaken them for the Prosports, cause the Stri white ones look a bit blue when there on. I like the Stri amber set cause they match the Evo interior almost perfect. AMS has a variety in there show room so i could be mistaken, if I find a set I will be sure to let you know right away.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe I mistaken them for the Prosports, cause the Stri white ones look a bit blue when there on. I like the Stri amber set cause they match the Evo interior almost perfect. AMS has a variety in there show room so i could be mistaken, if I find a set I will be sure to let you know right away.
I will be going with a set of Prosports. I remember Fred doing all the research on those.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:17 PM
Evolved Member

I will be going with a set of Prosports. I remember Fred doing all the research on those.
Prosports are very good and are being used by many, they are not made of cheap quality. If I didnt get the Defi I would of gotten the Prosport.
Old Jan 13, 2010, 04:31 PM

dustin just installed his in his sti...they look pretty sick...defi looks without the defi price tag

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in