Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by luckysoob
dustin just installed his in his sti...they look pretty sick...defi looks without the defi price tag
I'm remember Fred saying the stepper motors were very similar and just as accurate as Defi's.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 09:36 AM

Thanks again everyone on all the comments.
Next question. What do y'all think about carbon fiber on black??? It doesent show that well but I just love the CF look... IE CF Hood, Trunk, Lip, Wing, Interior pieces. My Spyder has alot of CF on it and it looks great, but the car is blue so it shows better.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hammilljr
Thanks again everyone on all the comments.
Next question. What do y'all think about carbon fiber on black??? It doesent show that well but I just love the CF look... IE CF Hood, Trunk, Lip, Wing, Interior pieces. My Spyder has alot of CF on it and it looks great, but the car is blue so it shows better.

Thoughts?
Me personally, I think a CF hood on an Evo is a waste. Unless of course it's dry. Now if you are just going for looks. Have at it. Everything else is alright IMO. Honestly though, I would go with what I like for my own vehicle. Everyone's tastes is different.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Today marks the end of my Army career as a Soldier and officer. The next chapter begins on 25JAN in sunny Arizona.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Today marks the end of my Army career as a Soldier and officer. The next chapter begins on 25JAN in sunny Arizona.
Good luck bro!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 09:05 AM

Good Luck

YES!!! Civilian life is the $hit. Just get a Job and keep it cause there scarce. Thats why im staying overseas until... Forever!!!

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good ol carbon fiber autometer ones here lol. just need to install them. trying to decide what gauge pod i want. either a pillar or the steering wheel pod.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:13 AM

im going with the radio mounted pods and relocating the radio. Just got to decide on gauges still... let me know when you hook them up if there any good. I like those too, just waiting to do more research and closer til i get back
Old Jan 15, 2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
good ol carbon fiber autometer ones here lol. just need to install them. trying to decide what gauge pod i want. either a pillar or the steering wheel pod.
be careful of the steering wheel pod because mine blocks the view of the drivers display. just my experience
Originally Posted by hammilljr
im going with the radio mounted pods and relocating the radio. Just got to decide on gauges still... let me know when you hook them up if there any good. I like those too, just waiting to do more research and closer til i get back
I like that set up the most. IMO it retains the most low key feel of all of them which is more my style.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 11:09 AM

Yea me too, Plus I sueded my A B C pillars, headliner, all 4 doors, rear deck and custom Sparco rear seat from Skunk2!!! Plus more to come!!!!!!!!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by luckysoob
I like that set up the most. IMO it retains the most low key feel of all of them which is more my style.
I currently have the MR gauges and I am upgrading them in the same location. I used to have an A pillar mount on my DSM. I thought it would be great to have them there, but the reality is they produced a big blind spot. I was planning on running four gauges myself.

So how are you like the the new old ride?

Last edited by wariosport; Jan 15, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by wariosport
I currently have the MR gauges and I am upgrading them in the same location. I used to have an A pillar mount on my DSM. I thought it would be great to have them there, but the reality is they produced a big blind spot. I was planning on running four gauges myself.

So how are you like the the new old ride?
its not too bad...I am working through the issues currently. Waiting for my boost leak tester to get here to find out why the idle wants to drop to 500 randomly. Took off the gross s tech springs and threw the stockers on for now. The car has been a mess of wiring from the beginning because the previous owner had a lot of "ice" in there. I am getting some of the interior trim from a wrecked evo to unghettoize. I am about to do a full fluid change and will be ordering new tires and pads soon too. I am thinking about getting a paint job too...the spray paint is starting to bother me. I feel like if I saw the car in it's current state I would cringe and call the driver a ricer. I am fighting the urge to buy a 700 evo 9 bumper from mitsu when the 8 is only 250. I just don't like the apr one so if anyone wants it, lemme know. I would even pay on my side for a 9 bumper.

I am very impressed with the power from a stock turbo and the steering response is a vast improvement from subaru....even the sti. I for some reason still torture myself by working on other peoples subaru's and it makes me happy when I think how easy a similar task would be on my car. That is all for now!
PS Big subaru meet at cleo bay tomorrow so feel free to crash it...I am!

Last edited by luckysoob; Jan 15, 2010 at 08:20 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well fellahs tomorrow is when I'm leaving. It was really nice kicking it with you Killeen fellahs. I look forward to hearing great things as to how you guys are taking things to the next level. I'm not sure what awaits me at Fort Huachuca but maybe the family there is as tight as it is/was here. Keep boostin'!
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:15 AM

PM about the bumper man.
Old Jan 16, 2010, 12:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pm replied. I will be off the net for a few days. I will be able to check my email once i hit kuwait and get all the briefings knocked out.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in