Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
For those of you on the borderline with the BR muffler, I have the same one and it sounds great. I had it installed by Killeen's Muffler for $100.
Old Feb 13, 2010, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am running stock cams right now. My preferred fuel is a 93 octane. I will have no issues hitting 400 awhp with my plans. But I do plan on running E85

Still have that stuff for sale. Buschur muffler is collecting dust.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
I am running stock cams right now. My preferred fuel is a 93 octane. I will have no issues hitting 400 awhp with my plans. But I do plan on running E85.
And your plans are what, might I ask? Without some type of aftermarket cam, I'd submit that your chances are slim if you plan to stay with the stock IX turbo.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
And your plans are what, might I ask? Without some type of aftermarket cam, I'd submit that your chances are slim if you plan to stay with the stock IX turbo.
I have big plans for this car. My plans are coming slowly but surely. I plan on doing an ETS turbo kit. I have not yet decided on which size turbo I will be getting. I was debating on an FP Red, but decided I want more then what a stock housing turbo will offer, including the Black. So I have made up my mind to do an ETS kit. I am leaning towards a 35r, but I will have to do many more mods to support that set up. This car is also my dd, and I want to keep it as reliable and easy to drive as much as I can. I plan on doing GSC cams, most likely the S2's with upgraded valve train. I plan on switching to E85 fuel with a buschur double pumper. My over all goal and I will happy with is around the 500 to 550 awhp marker. I'm not saying this will happen over the next couple months. And it will take me a little while to get there, but like I said, slowly but surely i will get there.

Also to, for you IX drivers. My ACD lights are all on. Does anyone know hwo to bleed the system. I need to refill it and bleed the system. Mine is low and all three lights are on (tarmac, gravel, snow) and it is pissing me off.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

I have big plans for this car...I plan on doing an ETS turbo kit...I was debating on an FP Red, but decided I want more then what a stock housing turbo will offer, including the Black...I am leaning towards a 35r, but I will have to do many more mods to support that set up...I plan on doing GSC cams, most likely the S2's with upgraded valve train...I plan on switching to E85 fuel with a buschur double pumper...My over all goal and I will happy with is around the 500 to 550 awhp marker.
Might I add some feedback to your plan and hopefully save you some money over the long run. First off, good choice in cams as the S2s and Kelfords are pretty impressive regardless of turbo chosen. If E85 and the BR double pumper are constants in the equation of making 500-550whp and assuming that you are going to have the "usual" bolt-ons, then grab yourself some 1200cc injectors and a used FP Red ($1,200-1,600) and call it a day. It will easily make 500whp on E85 and give you nearly as much torque. Yes, the 35r can obviously make well over what your stated goal is but why spend the extra money when there is no need to. I'd take the saved money and put it towards a Quaife LSD so that your drivetrain is happy.

This means nothing if you're planning on making a "Super EVO" pushing astronomical numbers. The FP Red (64mm-type) has already proven that it can run 9s and 10s consistently in the famed 1320.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Might I add some feedback to your plan and hopefully save you some money over the long run. First off, good choice in cams as the S2s and Kelfords are pretty impressive regardless of turbo chosen. If E85 and the BR double pumper are constants in the equation of making 500-550whp and assuming that you are going to have the "usual" bolt-ons, then grab yourself some 1200cc injectors and a used FP Red ($1,200-1,600) and call it a day. It will easily make 500whp on E85 and give you nearly as much torque. Yes, the 35r can obviously make well over what your stated goal is but why spend the extra money when there is no need to. I'd take the saved money and put it towards a Quaife LSD so that your drivetrain is happy.

This means nothing if you're planning on making a "Super EVO" pushing astronomical numbers. The FP Red (64mm-type) has already proven that it can run 9s and 10s consistently in the famed 1320.
Yes I do agree. Reason I chose the bigger turbo route, is once I hit my goal of achieved HP, I am going to end up getting used to it and crave more. I have done this with my past vehicles that were turbocharged. I plan on buying a four door civic here pretty soon, so that will end up being the car my wife drives. I will have the Evo and my bike. I set standards to meet, then end up exceeding those standards with higher numbers. I totally feel you on the FP Red and what that turbo has achieved. And yes I can not what so ever forget about my drive train. I would like to get a tranny built by Sheapord, or however it is spelled lol. But alot can change over my road to modding, and who knows, I might end up with a red. Right now lol, I need to figure out how to get my three lights on my acd to turn off. All three are on, and there should only be one on that I choose to have it set on. I need to fill the fluid and bleed the line. I dont have the so called expensive tool to do it.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

[quote=sgt_petty_210;7993907]Yes I do agree. Reason I chose the bigger turbo route, is once I hit my goal of achieved HP, I am going to end up getting used to it and crave more. I have done this with my past vehicles that were turbocharged...

I set standards to meet, then end up exceeding those standards with higher numbers. I totally feel you on the FP Red and what that turbo has achieved. And yes I can not whatsoever forget about my drive train. I would like to get a tranny built by Sheapord...

I need to figure out how to get my three lights on my acd to turn off. All three are on, and there should only be one on that I choose to have it set on./quote]

I understand about your goals and keeping this in mind, the HTA35r or the PT6262 (either with the .63 a/r) should keep a smile on your face.

For the ACD lights, there is a "How To" on evoM as I saw it before.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

I will look into it. Thanks for looking out. You back at Hood yet by the way? And did you get your perdium. I have yet to recieve the email saying it was accepted when people that came home way after me from my company have already been paid.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

You back at Hood yet by the way? And did you get your perdium. I have yet to recieve the email saying it was accepted when people that came home way after me from my company have already been paid.
To make a long story short, I have come and gone from Fort Hood. I'm now working on Fort Huachuca as a Contractor writing Intel doctrine.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

Where is that at? I thought you were a warrant officer. You were at Taji when I was correct. Cause I was supposed to come meet you, I just couldnt find the time with the special mission I was given as a Platoon Sergeant.
Old Feb 14, 2010, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Where is that at? I thought you were a warrant officer. You were at Taji when I was correct. Cause I was supposed to come meet you.
All that you say is correct as you put them in the past tense. Fort Huachuca is in southern Arizona. By the way, it was nearly 70-degrees today.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

All that you say is correct as you put them in the past tense. Fort Huachuca is in southern Arizona. By the way, it was nearly 70-degrees today.
Ah, well since you are now a civilian I am guessing, congrats. When is the next time you will be in the Killeen/Ft. Hood area?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 08:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so no one has a stock airbox...sigh

car will be done today from paint...pics to follow

Last edited by luckysoob; Feb 15, 2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

So I am at KR getting some work done and got my boys cams and gears installed. This red riced out celica raced a yellow mustang, and the second they passed KR a cop gets them. They both immediately went to the jail. Idiots! That is why I do no street race. Not worth it getting in that kind of trouble to be able to say you are faster then the girl or guy you ran.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

So I am at KR getting some work done and got my boys cams and gears installed. This red riced out celica raced a yellow mustang, and the second they passed KR a cop gets them. They both immediately went to the jail. Idiots! That is why I do no street race. Not worth it getting in that kind of trouble to be able to say you are faster then the girl or guy you ran.
You just have to pick a better time and location. Business 190... is by far "not" the place for that. Why not just make the drive to the track and get crunk or find a better "location" as there are plenty around Killeen.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in