Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Hey I have a question. Has anyone been summoned for jury duty. I did and have a report date for the 8th. Bell County has lost their minds summoning me to Jury Duty on my block leave when I just did my third tour to Iraq. I tried calling and every time it ends up saying thank you for calling Bell County, please try again later. So I drove up to Killeen court house and on the back of the summon it says active duty is exempt. Killeen said I was not exempt. Has anyone here been summoned to jury duty, and if you got out of it, how did you? Thanks.
I am from Chicago and AD is exempt if you can prove that you are. I didnt do that I just never went, never heard anything from them after that.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah I called my 1sg and he said AD is exempt. The back of the summon says so also. Why did the idiots at the Killeen court house say otherwise. This is another reason why I absolutely hate Bell County. Ill just drive down to Belton and show them my AD Id card then tell them to go you know what themselves lol.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

I would even waste the gas to tell them that, just dont go and call it a day. Im sure they can find someone else.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

I finally got a hold of them on the phone. Active duty IS NOT exempt for jury duty. So the eighth, first day back to work I will be going to jury duty. I am going to say I believe in capitol punishment and get kicked out. If it is something small like this dude ran a red light, ima yell out execute him lol. This is gay though. Me on jury duty. I am not the most innocent dude in the world lol
Old Feb 19, 2010, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Hey I have a question. Has anyone been summoned for jury duty. I did and have a report date for the 8th. Bell County has lost their minds summoning me to Jury Duty on my block leave when I just did my third tour to Iraq. I tried calling and every time it ends up saying thank you for calling Bell County, please try again later. So I drove up to Killeen court house and on the back of the summon it says active duty is exempt. Killeen said I was not exempt. Has anyone here been summoned to jury duty, and if you got out of it, how did you? Thanks.
I was exempt because I moved. All you have to do is read the back and check where you are except and mail it in.

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Whats up Mario? You having fun on the track at your new home?
Doing good. I just got back from this... https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...2010-a-17.html

Those are my pics on that page. I met up with Fred (EvoG8r) in Jacksonville. I am going to go to my 2nd autocross event at the end of the month. If you're bored type in wariosport on the youtube site and you will see my vid from the event.

I sure do miss meeting up with you guys on Friday's.

Last edited by wariosport; Feb 19, 2010 at 02:33 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah it all changed. We are exempt if we are over seas. If you are on leave, what they can do is post pone it to a later date. I said screw it, I'll do it on the 8th and get it over with. They said there is a chance I might not have to do it. Depends on how many people get chosen. Oh and why did some Yellow SS Cobalt think it was cool to wined up his supercharger next to me. He is lucky I dont street race, cause I would have had to embarrass him infront of his ugly girlfriend.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 07:24 PM

Ok so I should be getting my tax return shortly, and I am wanting to use it to buy an engine managment system. Whats the best way to go???
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

^^ if you are not pushing more than 700 you really dont need it. I would use the money else where.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^+1

Plus the stock ECU has so many capabilities now with tephra and all the other gurus that have come along...put the money into something else.
Old Feb 19, 2010, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Go E85. Get you some injectors, and a tune. You can use your stock ECU.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Whats up Mario? You having fun on the track at your new home?

I will not be going in my 8 cause I dont have another one, just yet. I am looking at buying another one, thats what he means. I had one that I was going to get but someone else beat me to it. It is suppost to be a secret but now everyone knows, thanks Lausan.
LOL, You let the cat out the bag, not me. You could have said yea Im taking the 8 (my car) lol or you could have just said wth are you talking about...lol I wasnt going to go any further then my x or 8 joke...hahahaha Ill give ya a call tonight!
Old Feb 20, 2010, 03:13 AM

Originally Posted by Krazyk
Ok so I should be getting my tax return shortly, and I am wanting to use it to buy an engine managment system. Whats the best way to go???
Im sure youre not to the point where you need to use one, what are your current mods and goals?

I used to be on the E85 bandwagon but, Ive been reading some hporror stories as of late and those horror stories ended with a blown engine of some sort due to the E85 blend being weak or winterized early. You just never know what your getting, therefore if youre going E85 invest in a E85 analyzer gauge as well.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 03:20 AM

Originally Posted by wariosport
Did monkey get another 8 or are you just messing with him L?
You know the answer now but yea, Ive got to constantly mess with him, to drive him back to drinking coronas with me....lol

Just playing monkey, proud you stopped drinking! As a friend it was painful to see all those fat woman you would bring home from the bar...I mean really man it was disgusting! Hahahaha!
Old Feb 20, 2010, 03:23 AM

Oh snap i 4 peated in a row
None of you guys going up the Dallas car show! I saw on the Ntec boards a mitsu dealership is paying the entrance fee for everone that meets up with them and drives over to the car show with them....thats pretty awsome! I dont expect that from **** max but wanted to give heads up in case you hadnt heard about it.
Old Feb 20, 2010, 07:25 AM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...-owner-tx.html
For anyone interested. Not sure what its about.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in