Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2010, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
how easy is it to use a COBB AP, does anyone know? I am thinking of buying one, is it a good buy or a tune better?
Open source. Period
Old Mar 10, 2010, 08:13 PM

Hey, do any of you 2002-2007 Evo guys still have your stock hoods laying around? I am talking about the OEM style hood, metal and everything. I prefer silver to match my car but I'll take what I can get. -pm me if you want to get rid of it
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bassnuker
I know I don't have an Evo but can I play too????? And I agree about the money pit....ask me if I bought a stetson....just ask
Did you buy a stetson lol? Ask me do I own blue's and a stetson. I will be the only E6 in Class A's lol. Oh and the wife will be wearing the same dress to both events lol. I would say both *****, but that just sounds to funny. lol
Old Mar 11, 2010, 09:12 AM

Hey, do any of you 2002-2007 Evo guys still have your stock hoods laying around? I am talking about the OEM style hood, metal and everything. I prefer silver to match my car but I'll take what I can get. -pm me if you want to get rid of it
good luck, I have been trying to get one forever!
Old Mar 11, 2010, 01:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
I love the army guys. I have my 2-8 cav ball to go to, then my new unit ball to go to. So that is two events I have to pay for as well as child care. I hate the military more and more each day lol. I thought the evo was a money pit, the army is a bigger money pit lol.
I know I don't have an Evo but can I play too????? And I agree about the money pit....ask me if I bought a stetson....just ask
I have to say that the Army (excluding the fact of defending American interests abroad) is just like any other fraternity. Dress the same. Talk the same. Look the same. So Stetson or not, you simply have to play the part. In my opinion, based on the type of unit (i.e. - Cavalry, Airborne, Ranger, etc.) that particular unit should provide new Soldiers with the funds to buy those unit-specific items instead of placing the additional burden on a family to deal with the pressures of "fitting in". It's sad...
Old Mar 11, 2010, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I have to say that the Army (excluding the fact of defending American interests abroad) is just like any other fraternity. Dress the same. Talk the same. Look the same. So Stetson or not, you simply have to play the part. In my opinion, based on the type of unit (i.e. - Cavalry, Airborne, Ranger, etc.) that particular unit should provide new Soldiers with the funds to buy those unit-specific items instead of placing the additional burden on a family to deal with the pressures of "fitting in". It's sad...
thats why I say ***** the Army
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Yeah, I agree. Also soon all the new soldiers will be issued the new ASU's while us old timers I guess you can call us lol, will have to come out of our pocket for them. Lucky me my dad just retired as a BDE CSM, and he is giving me his blues for free lol. I just got 13 brand new ACU's, manuals including the original copy of the Blue Book, and all sorts of stuff. But I am still not buying a freaking stetson. If I had more rank to put on it then yes, but im not getting one lol. I have been in the CAV for 8 years now, and I only have one more year left and I am going Drill, so there is no point in a stetson for me.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:17 PM

Dude! I'm rockin the class A's too man! They look better anyway.....now, if only we could get the BDU's and spit shined boots back....that would be effin sweet!

Next question, Anybody trying to get rid of an old BOV?????
Old Mar 11, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

Lol, yeah then you can have real fun with the privates when you start your first drill cycle. Oh and dude I sent you a pm with what info I got for your install prices. Let me know what you think, and well get you set up. For the blow off valve, I recommend a twin vent BOV. So you will have the nice swoosh that you want while you still recirculate, and your tune will NOT be affected in any way. KevinD said the same. I see your bosch leaking soon brother.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 03:37 PM

HAHAHHAHA the bosch! dont be jealous man hahahhaha I just got the kit and Im already getting **** for it...Im working on it! hahah
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Are any of you coming out tomorrow?
Old Mar 11, 2010, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Are any of you coming out tomorrow?
What "coming out"! J/k! I miss the meets.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:29 PM

Ill be there in the s2k again. it will be the last weekend with it too. My nephew is coming down and were turboing it then its off for tuning.

my suby is still down waiting for the turbo.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by wariosport
What "coming out"! J/k! I miss the meets.
I just took a look at your quote and I think it's great. The build is coming along just fine and this summer should be pretty fun here on the southern Arizona straights.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 08:02 PM

I wont be out, funeral detail above dallas somewhere. In other news i have installed intake and upper ic piping in the X and its running great

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in