Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2010, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
How much is KID selling his turbo kit for?
Why not ask him? He hasn't started a "For Sale" thread that I know of. I have his number if you want to call him directly.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't think he is parting out his car anymore but u can c.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 12:15 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I have nearly everything squared away and I'm working on having a block sent to JMS. The bottom line is that it looks like the FP Red, E85, and a 2.3L is the way she is going.
I've heard horror stories about jms and one of them came from a friend of mine. To make a long story short they built his motor put it all together then gave him his car with belts loose and then lost all oil pressure in a few days. My friend took the motor apart and the oil pump bolts were hand tight. They didn't own up to **** and now he has a broke down 2g eclipse. So use them at ur own risk.

Btw sorry I just noticed kid posted his kit in here.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
I've heard horror stories about jms and one of them came from a friend of mine. To make a long story short they built his motor put it all together then gave him his car with belts loose and then lost all oil pressure in a few days. My friend took the motor apart and the oil pump bolts were hand tight. They didn't own up to **** and now he has a broke down 2g eclipse. So use them at ur own risk.

Btw sorry I just noticed kid posted his kit in here.
Great now the JMS groupies are going to get butt hurt and we are going to see them argue why they are the best around cause they made a 10 sec car.

PG's 128-131 for those that are wondering what Im talking about

Last edited by monkey_187; Apr 2, 2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 03:29 PM

after the meet some of us suby guys are going to clash of the titans in cove at 1005 if anyone interested. please prebuy so they arent sold out.

www.cinergycinemas.com
Old Apr 2, 2010, 03:36 PM
Evolved Member

^^online reviews and on the radio said it sucked
Old Apr 2, 2010, 05:03 PM

going anyways I hate critics
Old Apr 2, 2010, 05:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone looking for a mini battery or failsafe...if in killeen or nearby Ill let the battery go for 50 and the failsafe for 140...and the exhaust for 30...if you want pics of the exhaust pm me your number and I'll send them via MMS

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/so...i-battery.html
Old Apr 2, 2010, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
I understand that everything is a risk especially when pertaining to getting an engine rebuilt. To be honest, there have been stories all throughout evoM about "this" EVO engine or "that" EVO engine having issues after being built by "x" shop or "y" shop. Thus far, JMS have stepped up to the plate for me when no one else would and that certainly says something in my opinion. I hope this doesn't turn into an Internet bashing and E-thug display of tough guy-ism. Time will tell...
Old Apr 2, 2010, 05:15 PM
Evolved Member

Monkey, what is the history behind your new avatar? I think it looks good.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 07:05 PM
Evolving Member

selling the kit for 3400 as a whole or 2300 without the turbo. Lavar since the car is still torn apart, Im still thinking about what I want to do. I may even get rid of my Haltec.
Old Apr 2, 2010, 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

Monkey, what is the history behind your new avatar? I think it looks good.
Its a painting from Lee Teter, its a dedication to my daughter. Its a picture of a Devil Dog holding his daughter and both crying. My little girl would always cry and tell me not to leave her. A reminder to me as to why I do what I have to, to make her proud. Deployments have been hard for both of us and she is being a strong little girl for the both of us. I had a big print on the way out the door of my house as a reminder every day I left the house. She keeps that print on her bedroom wall over her bed and says "thats me and my daddy". Being a single Dad is a hard job...........

Here is a bigger pictures of it:

Last edited by monkey_187; Apr 2, 2010 at 09:08 PM.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 01:58 AM

Watch out for the OPSEC...

I'm sure you are ready to get back home. It should be fairly slow now that the new unit is on the ground. Remember that the race isn't over until you touch ground in Kuwait.

Get that BBK Full installed and tuned and maybe we can hit a few blocks when I come back to Texas to pick up the Mamba.

What in the world are you up to now? I though you were shooting for 600whp and the FS635 will do just that.
OPSEC SMOSHMEC...LOL Who doesnt know 1st CAV isnt coming home..... See ya when you get here!

I backed off some of the plans as I picked up a ZX14 to crave my need for speed...lol Ill probably end up just installing the BBK, FMIC, O2 housing, ex mani, wideband and injectors for now.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
We can put training wheels on his car.

We did have some good times when we hung out.

Mario is a fun guy to be around, really funny when you get him talking about his horses. I happen to take a picture of him showing off his skills.

You got me.

Originally Posted by scby rex
hahhaha, yeah Mario back would be nice, noone spins out like him!
It does make an autocross run more interesting and fun.

Yeah I miss the meets and going racing with you guys.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 04:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Its a painting from Lee Teter, its a dedication to my daughter. Its a picture of a Devil Dog holding his daughter and both crying. My little girl would always cry and tell me not to leave her. A reminder to me as to why I do what I have to, to make her proud. Deployments have been hard for both of us and she is being a strong little girl for the both of us. I had a big print on the way out the door of my house as a reminder every day I left the house. She keeps that print on her bedroom wall over her bed and says "thats me and my daddy". Being a single Dad is a hard job...........

Here is a bigger pictures of it:

That's nice. I hope your daughter and my daughter can meet one day.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in