Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PM sent

Originally Posted by hammilljr
I need my valve cover removed so I can send it to get powder coated.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2010XMAN
What kind of cams and clutch are you planning on getting
I was pretty firm on gettin cosworth M2 272 cams but now I c everyone and their moms running the kelfords so I need to do some research on both. Not to sure on the clutch but im not gonna do ACT since Kid had those high rpm lockout issues before. Probably an exedy cerametallic or an rps
Old Apr 14, 2010, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

^^^ my suggestion is Kelfords they are really good cams, for a clutch i would go with the Exedy twin hd.

That is what i had in my car and loved them, car ran perfect and i had no lock out clutch issues.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
I was pretty firm on gettin cosworth M2 272 cams but now I c everyone and their moms running the kelfords so I need to do some research on both. Not to sure on the clutch but im not gonna do ACT since Kid had those high rpm lockout issues before. Probably an exedy cerametallic or an rps

I havent ordered cams yet but from the research and other opinions kelford has seem to make big power and are very reliable. I understand the ACT clutch I had a 2600 in the gsx and it went to **** I went with Exedy and things got better. evo X is getting an exedy and my experiences with RPS well for supras they suck almost $6k after shipping i had bought a tilton triple disc for the supra and never looked back. so rps doesnt set right with me I dont need a 700whp evo but rps will never get used again by me in any vehicle i own. I have bad juju with them.

By the way (no homo) thanks for the deuce on chantz drive when we were headed opposite ways the evo looks really clean man!!!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:09 PM

My kelford 272's should be in in the next couple of weeks!!
Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

If you do go with the Exedy or any other pull type you might want to look into a clutch fork stop. It keeps the clutch fork from over extending and releasing. I'm getting one for my Triple.
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:13 PM

Ok everyone I am extremly proud of myself!! one of my good buddies is a huge GTO fan and has been driving and modding his for the last two years, but as of tommorow or Friday he will no longer own the GTO and instead own an EVO!!!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Krazyk
Ok everyone I am extremly proud of myself!! one of my good buddies is a huge GTO fan and has been driving and modding his for the last two years, but as of tommorow or Friday he will no longer own the GTO and instead own an EVO!!!

He finally realized a 4cyl car can make his GTO look like its at a complete stop. Tell him I said welcome and enjoy modding his new Evo, bring him with you on Friday. What gen Evo did he get? ie VIII, IX, or X?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by SPOOLEDTSiAWD
If you do go with the Exedy or any other pull type you might want to look into a clutch fork stop. It keeps the clutch fork from over extending and releasing. I'm getting one for my Triple.
Sounds like your keeping her man. Good deal!!! you have alot invested man I regret selling the gsx i thought it was for a good cause but a week later the kid told me he wrecked it. oh well i got paid so his loss i did tear tho LOL
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:19 PM

Yeah I will definetly bring him out on Friday, Its a IX.He should be on the forum shortly.
Originally Posted by monkey_187

He finally realized a 4cyl car can make his GTO look like its at a complete stop. Tell him I said welcome and enjoy modding his new Evo, bring him with you on Friday. What gen Evo did he get? ie VIII, IX, or X?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:19 PM

Another GTO bites the dust and another one..... Woot on the kelfords Ill be ordering them as soon as payday comes
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I will definetly bring him out on Friday, Its a IX.He should be on the forum shortly.
Nice!
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

Another GTO bites the dust and another one..... Woot on the kelfords Ill be ordering them as soon as payday comes
You getting A's or B's?
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:23 PM

Is it me or are the price of evos dropping and becoming more affordable. I mean there are alot of Evos on dallas craigslist. some built some mild but it seems like there wasnt a bunch of evos before but after a few years i see them like mustangs...and everyone has mustangs lol Kid was one of the firsts and billy and soon i followed I know we cant all make the meeting on fridays but if we did it would be a huge turn out
Old Apr 14, 2010, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Sounds like your keeping her man. Good deal!!! you have alot invested man I regret selling the gsx i thought it was for a good cause but a week later the kid told me he wrecked it. oh well i got paid so his loss i did tear tho LOL
Well its still gonna be posted for sale so if somebody comes up with the money and it could still go.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in