Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Apr 18, 2010, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
hmmm ok I c , I was like wtf blow torch necessary lol. I can get one if needed I just thought I would ask
I didnt use a blow torch just remove the radiator and heat shields and u should be fine.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:06 PM

yep , not sure who u were though.
Originally Posted by wariosport
He's the one that usually hurts everyones feelings.
hahah
if this is the Josh guy who drives the white bug eye wrx then I know of him awhile back because we had it out a bit at the old target when he openly talked **** about my rsx then when I called him out to race it he backed down. It's all good though my rsx had beaten lightly modded sti's before so it wouldn't have been a good run anyway , but that's all in the past
Thats what I drive, I hate most hondas and owners as most are cocky punk asses that just got a liscense.
Originally Posted by wariosport
That would be him. He's like me. If you want to run him you better meet him at the track.
yup, and not the drag type! drag racing is boring for me. When a tow rig can spank 98% of the street cars there Im not impressed. If youve ever seen me drag my car or someone elses my face is usually.

I do love to talk cars an mod though, suby or evo. (I help setup/prep a ppihc evo)

speaking of that, anyone interested in going to ppihc this year?

www.ppihc.com
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:05 PM

Whats up guys, im just gettin back into lookin on these forums
i have a ob evo x, i think i talked to monkey once its david wats up man
ya still do those meets at AA i put a couple more things on my X hit me up guys i would love to get all the evo's together.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scby rex
Thats what I drive, I hate most hondas and owners as most are cocky punk asses that just got a liscense.

I do love to talk cars an mod though, suby or evo. (I help setup/prep a ppihc evo)

speaking of that, anyone interested in going to ppihc this year?

www.ppihc.com
Now, Now Josh play nice

Im down to go to the pikes peak event.

Originally Posted by iceman23007
Whats up guys, im just gettin back into lookin on these forums
i have a ob evo x, i think i talked to monkey once its david wats up man
ya still do those meets at AA i put a couple more things on my X hit me up guys i would love to get all the evo's together.
Yeah it was me you talked to, you should come out to AA on Fridays, thats when we are all out there.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 05:30 AM
Evolving Member

Well we all have opinions and 90% of the Subaru owners I've met should be besties with srt 4 owners. They love to sound there mighty bov's at anything moving and usually when I talk to them the lack basic automotive knowledge let alone knowledge of their own cars. I guess payin over 10% interest for a vehicle is worth it to those guys idk lol.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:19 AM
Evolved Member

Evo guys are no different, they get this big azz ego cause they have an Evo. I have tried to talk to some and they act like Im driving a hoopty. I think Evo guys are the worse when it come to acting like a total ***** to everyone.

They get a couple of bolt-ons and they act like they have a 5 sec car. They say dumb **** like "Well I got a button that makes my car go ludicrous speed". Theres always that one-up Evo owner.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Evo guys are no different, they get this big azz ego cause they have an Evo. I have tried to talk to some and they act like Im driving a hoopty. I think Evo guys are the worse when it come to acting like a total ***** to everyone.

They get a couple of bolt-ons and they act like they have a 5 sec car. They say dumb **** like "Well I got a button that makes my car go ludicrous speed". Theres always that one-up Evo owner.
I've only met like 3 or 4 evo owners and they were pretty kool but I'm sure there are plenty of them who act like there **** dont stank. That's honestly wat I expected to c when i was at aa.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

I've only met like 3 or 4 evo owners and they were pretty kool but I'm sure there are plenty of them who act like there **** dont stank. That's honestly wat I expected to c when i was at aa.
I told you that we are all a good group of guys, none have the my **** dont stink attitude.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

I told you that we are all a good group of guys, none have the my **** dont stink attitude.
Yeah, I've only been to 3-4 meets over there, but they all seem pretty cool. Just a bunch of guys with interests in similar cars. The Suby guys are pretty cool. The group was kinda thin on Evos when I went, but most the local Evo guys were deployed last year when I went.

Now that I'm back from Haiti I'd like to go to another meet, hopefully there will be a few more Evos.

Most of the guys around Fort Hood I have talked to are pretty cool.

BTW, no worries about me having a superiority complex, I drive a Ralliart! hehehe...

Also, I couldn't help notice a few more RA's around Fort Hood since I've been back.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Yeah, I've only been to 3-4 meets over there, but they all seem pretty cool. Just a bunch of guys with interests in similar cars. The Suby guys are pretty cool. The group was kinda thin on Evos when I went, but most the local Evo guys were deployed last year when I went.

Now that I'm back from Haiti I'd like to go to another meet, hopefully there will be a few more Evos.

Most of the guys around Fort Hood I have talked to are pretty cool.

BTW, no worries about me having a superiority complex, I drive a Ralliart! hehehe...

Also, I couldn't help notice a few more RA's around Fort Hood since I've been back.
There has been RA show up there and there are more Evos that go there. You show show up, we are there every Friday around 730pm.
Old Apr 19, 2010, 06:44 PM

Theres "those" owners in every circle. The local suby guys have been good about either pushing them aside or changing them for the better. I hope we can do the same to the evo owners too. Im not biased though as I work on both and each has their short comings.

Still pretty funny a 30k (total investment) beat a ams sponsored evo with 50k+ in update mods just this year! To top it off they pretty much lost from a coupler blowing off all week, not that the Rally Ready car was fairing anybetter on wastegate boost and the ignition cutting out every 10 seconds or so. vids from last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkS6RVk2yQc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2y7NW...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiTkP...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bViK0...eature=related
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

Anyone know where I can buy an intake bracket for a stock suction hose? Ordered an amsoil filter with the vibrant adapter. Just don't want my intake hanging.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone know where I can buy an intake bracket for a stock suction hose? Ordered an amsoil filter with the vibrant adapter. Just don't want my intake hanging.
Why dont you just engineer one from some sheet metal from Lowes or Home Depot? Im not sure what bracket you are talking about.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:31 PM
Evolving Member

Why dont you just engineer one from some sheet metal from Lowes or Home Depot? Im not sure what bracket you are talking about.
I thought I saw a thread somewhere that states running a coming filter on a stock intake pipe will make the filter hang low.
Old Apr 20, 2010, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

^^its all depends on what filter you use, there was a guy using stock pipe with K&N filter and his was ok without it. I dont remember what size cone though.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in