Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2010, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
Yeah, driver claimed someone rear ended her.

lol, so thats what those are for.... ive always wanted to make my car fly....
Old Jun 8, 2010, 08:45 PM

So i got my widemouth on and i have thrown a cel twice i have code p0133 which is the front o2 sensor ive used the search button and found nothing is it that my front o2 sensor is screwed up like i need a new one and second code was p0513 immobilizer key wtf is this. if anyone can please help let me know im going to call cobb tuning 2maro to see if they have heard of this and what a solution could be. car has 3500 miles on in to let you know.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

Ok Houston here I go:

First, I dont know if you are tuned or using an AP, so P0133 is a can be a bad O2 sensor, but you can also have an exhaust leak. you just put on your DP so my guess is that you have a leak somewhere in the exhaust. The O2 sensor can be tested but I have to double check how to.

Second, P0513 is a code thrown when you have a bad key, like most newer cars, that uses a key with a chip. My guess is that you have the FAST keys for your car, try using the other transponder and see if that works. If it doesnt, disconnect the batt and wait a few minutes and connect it. This will reset the ECU and should make it go away, if it doesnt you might have a bad transponder, that is if the other one worked at clearing the code.

Hope this points yo in the right direction, let me know what happens.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

A group of the Subaru guys are going to COBB's grand opening in Austin on Saturday any of you want to go? I am the only Evo going that I know of, they will be leaving early Saturday morning.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:09 AM

Anyone have a BOV for sale? I'm about to order a Synapse. I got to get rid of this freakin HKS that is set up for VTA that was on the car when I bought it. I'm buyin in the morning if nobody here has anything for sale.
832-217-5152 just send me a text
Old Jun 9, 2010, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

Well guys Im thinking of getting an intake for the X, I would really like to mount it like this. I would be getting plenty of air to feed the beast, what do you guys think?

Old Jun 9, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Well guys Im thinking of getting an intake for the X, I would really like to mount it like this. I would be getting plenty of air to feed the beast, what do you guys think?

Kinda looks like that Cavelier is sporting "wood"!
Old Jun 9, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolved Member

OMG, that is freakin' hilarious! CAI FTMF'nW!

I just sent out my payment for an X turbo for the RA. It will probably arrive while I'm on leave, having it shipped to a buddies house.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 06:46 PM

has anyone heard anything about canaan collision in killeen
Old Jun 9, 2010, 07:00 PM

Alright monkey here goes I racked my brain and went up and down with it but here is the break down. When i got my parts I installed the test pipe catback cai and full ic upgrade with pipes. I flashed the ecu and ran the stage 2 map.

I then installed the widemouth i doubled checked for leaks and used the soap and water trick to look for leaks and then wiped quickly didnt want to crack the exhaust. My car then ran 10 miles and the cel flashed and threw the 02 sensor code. I cleared the code and the car ran for 100.4 miles and threw the code again. While i was driving the car i plugged in the ap so it also threw the immobilizer code. when you install the ap its always when the car is off and the key is off then start the car if you dont it throws the immobilizer code

When I sat down and thought about our ecus it hit me. Im running the stage 2 map and the car learns the the flash. when a map is given a desired preset and then the ecu recieves more then what is desired it throws a code. my car learned that the factory dp was my widemouth... and when i installed my widemouth it was like hey wait a minute i see extra air coming in so im throwing this code which was low voltage meaning lean.

so last night at midnight I flashed my car to stock turned the car on let it run for exactly 2 minutes and then cut it off. i then reflashed it and installed the stage 2 map and went to bed. I woke up installed my wideband and began to drive. I drove to austin twice today from 190 to 35, 35 to 6th street, 6th street to 195, 195 back to killeen After 273 miles my car at idle is 14.7 to 15.1 and when i cruise im about the same and WOT im 11.4 to 11.1 and guess what no CEL. so moral of the story for future users of the ap instead of learning the hard way like myself when you get all your parts then flash. Our ecus learn the maps and can think factory parts are aftermarket. I was spiking at 25.8 psi with the factory downpipe and i thought it was ok a little boost creep. well now that the widemouth is on im pushin 24.8psi and let me tell you the car feel twice as better on 24.8 then when i was having boost creep.

Please dont let my mistake become yours. you live and learn. I installed the stage 2 map and drove my car soft with only a test pipe and catback and cai and the car thought it had the widemouth on it. when it actually got the widemouth it threw the code. i reflashed to stock and then installed stage 2 and back to good
Old Jun 9, 2010, 07:13 PM

Good to know, more parts = reflash
Old Jun 10, 2010, 04:29 AM

My car has been acting up lately too... nothing major but still I might try resetting everything.
Old Jun 10, 2010, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

One car fixed and another acting up, I guess our cars are just like a woman, they act up over anything.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

One car fixed and another acting up, I guess our cars are just like a woman, they act up over anything.
There's alot of truth told in a joke haha. Good one
Old Jun 11, 2010, 08:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is anyone interested in buying a 06 GSXR 750. I'm selling mine for 6500 bucks. Never been dropped, 5k miles, blue and white. I'll post pics upon request. I'm just moving on to a bigger bike. It is also posted on craigs list.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in