Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2010, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote=2010XMAN;8400825]were you launching the car alot and how many miles do you have on the car now??

Yea man i did a launch now it slips like crazy i have to drive it like a baby
How long u think it will hold up before i have to hop on that clutch??
it has 16000 miles on it right now.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 05:08 AM
Evolved Member

If its slipping like crazy as you say, that thing will not last much longer. I think its time for a new one.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 05:56 AM

Well I have done my research and with the mods we both have done we are pushing close on the limits of the stock clutch. But monkey has a good advice...I would ONLY drive the car if I needed to and if i had the money for the clutch upgrade with the other essentials I listed.

Monkey if you buy the clutch and have it waiting for you "when" your stock clutch goes...im pretty sure you will be perfecting your launching skills

On a side note who do you think you will have to do the install of the clutch?
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
If its slipping like crazy as you say, that thing will not last much longer. I think its time for a new one.
that is true bro , u must've been launching it a bit , plus we actually drive our cars likes its intended so that helps too. I know after my tune I will be needing a clutch lol so im gettin prepared.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:46 AM

David i found this link for you man http://www.maperformance.com/product...eplacement.pdf

I dont think I would do this at my house its really alot of work plus I would rather find a shop that has done a few of these installs before because they will know tips and tricks that first timers wouldnt know. When you find a shop if you go that route let me know how it comes out.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2010XMAN
David i found this link for you man http://www.maperformance.com/product...eplacement.pdf

I dont think I would do this at my house its really alot of work plus I would rather find a shop that has done a few of these installs before because they will know tips and tricks that first timers wouldnt know. When you find a shop if you go that route let me know how it comes out.
well David if u decide to do it yourself if I have time I will be down to help out, I'm going to do my own when the time comes for one.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:05 AM

your bold pat I did my gsx with no problem and the supra no problem at all but the whole transverse motor man its tough.. because you have to remove the down pipe again and do the screw driver TOB removal and that is the hardest part i see. Not clamping the AYC line or removing the transfer case or dropping the tranny.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

your bold pat I did my gsx with no problem and the supra no problem at all but the whole transverse motor man its tough.. because you have to remove the down pipe again and do the screw driver TOB removal and that is the hardest part i see. Not clamping the AYC line or removing the transfer case or dropping the tranny.
The way I see it is if a shop can do it so can I. If I wouldve had the few special tools necessary to do my valvetrain I wouldve done my cams also. The only thing Im not comfortable with ATM is tuning.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Monkey if you buy the clutch and have it waiting for you "when" your stock clutch goes...im pretty sure you will be perfecting your launching skills

On a side note who do you think you will have to do the install of the clutch?
I am VERY comfortable in my launching, Levar and Octavio can tell you that I have NO problems in that department.

I only want the stock to go out so the Exedy can go in, I am not beating on my car at all to speed up the process. I do have fun driving it though, I know the stock cant do what the Exedy twin can so I dont try it. Believe it or not our cars come stack with an Exedy, I just really like the fee land engagement of the Twin HD.

I will not be doing my own clutch replacement, I am taking my car to the man the legend (drum roll) KevinD.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Any donations to pay my phone bill?

Current Balance: $7921.33

Pay Now

Payment Due: 07/01/2010
Current balance may not reflect some debit adjustments until your next billing

WTF! Verizon, dumbas*es didnt update my phone plan and that was the bill just from data usage cause of the droid network.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 03:05 PM

Pay Now

WTF! Verizon, dumbas*es didnt update my phone plan and that was the bill just from data usage cause of the droid network.
dammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 14, 2010, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^yeah same reaction here but more like WTF!!! while I was throwing my furniture around in my house like the incredible hulk.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 03:16 PM

Pay Now

i HATE VERIZOn they tryed to rip me for 1600 a few years back
Old Jun 14, 2010, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Well they did not like what I had to say to them at all! I kept getting the "sir calm down and let me help you out with this". So I gave them the "f**k you this s**t should of never happened you stupid f***ing b**ch!" In the end I got a free month of service
Old Jun 14, 2010, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Well they did not like what I had to say to them at all! I kept getting the "sir calm down and let me help you out with this". So I gave them the "f**k you this s**t should of never happened you stupid f***ing b**ch!" In the end I got a free month of service
Nice!

Here's a good one to try...

Call up one of your service providers...internet...cable...satellite...etc. Tell them you are considering cancelling your service to go with one of their competitors. Ask 'em how much you would owe for early termination fees. They usually bend over backwards and start offering you free months, reduced prices or free movie channels. My Chief ended up getting XM for a year and only paid for 2 months of service, all he wanted to do was cancel his service and they kept giving him free months.

BTW, best to do this while your still pissed off about the phone bill.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in