Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2010, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^I have done that before plenty of time, direct TV gave me 6 moths of all the channels at the basic rate. They didnt make the install at the time they promised, cars Sirius radio was free until recent, got the new phone im now using for $20 from $150 cause I told them I was canceling at the end of my contract. I have done this plenty of times and will continue to do it till they say no, then I will ask to speak to the district manager.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I will not be doing my own clutch replacement, I am taking my car to the man the legend (drum roll) KevinD.
that is the guy with evolution dynamics right? same place pat went to get his cams right? if so then i would def. not think twice about doing it and having other work done there as well.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
^^^I have done that before plenty of time, direct TV gave me 6 moths of all the channels at the basic rate. They didnt make the install at the time they promised, cars Sirius radio was free until recent, got the new phone im now using for $20 from $150 cause I told them I was canceling at the end of my contract. I have done this plenty of times and will continue to do it till they say no, then I will ask to speak to the district manager.
Damn straight, more important things to spend money on like mods!

I'm determined to get my X turbo swap done for under 2K.

Still looking for an exhaust manifold BTW...anybody.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:29 PM

ok so ima buy the exedy twin hd and the SSP CMC now where is there a good place to get the clutch installed at, and how much if any of you kno will it cost????
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by iceman23007
ok so ima buy the exedy twin hd and the SSP CMC now where is there a good place to get the clutch installed at, and how much if any of you kno will it cost????
You gotta ask....KevinD.

Evolution Dynamics charges $600 for a clutch install...but at least you will know it was done right.

Sucks your clutch is going out. Saw the Evo when I stopped by work this afternoon. Honestly, I'd be all for giving you a hand with the install but I'm on the road tomorrow a.m. and won't be back for a couple of weeks.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by sith_killer_99
You gotta ask....KevinD.

Evolution Dynamics charges $600 for a clutch install...but at least you will know it was done right.

Sucks your clutch is going out. Saw the Evo when I stopped by work this afternoon. Honestly, I'd be all for giving you a hand with the install but I'm on the road tomorrow a.m. and won't be back for a couple of weeks.

thanks man!!!
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Good luck man. I hope the Evo is back to 110% when I get back.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by iceman23007
Don't get the ssp cmc, there was a guy at awdtuning last week who was having issues with it. Read up on them thoroughly before hand. He mentioned alot of others having issues also and that when he contacted ssp they offered him a refund.
Old Jun 14, 2010, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Don't get the ssp cmc, there was a guy at awdtuning last week who was having issues with it. Read up on them thoroughly before hand. He mentioned alot of others having issues also and that when he contacted ssp they offered him a refund.
Thanks for the heads up Pat
Old Jun 15, 2010, 03:17 AM

Well the stock CMC will go out with a twin disc whether hard driving or not. so what do you get Pat ? Im not being a smart *** and doubting you so dont think that. I know the AMS CMC ring is not worth a damn. Ive read that on here with CMC still breaking with them on. Well i wanted the ssp but now want to do more research. if i cant get something reliable ill stop dead in my tracks for modifying the X. because thats my lost mod i wanted to do was a clutch. i would almost rather go back to stock if i cant find anything. whats the sense of power when a CMC cant handle a more powerful clutch. you just suck it up as a loss and settle for less?
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 2010XMAN
Well the stock CMC will go out with a twin disc whether hard driving or not. so what do you get Pat ? Im not being a smart *** and doubting you so dont think that. I know the AMS CMC ring is not worth a damn. Ive read that on here with CMC still breaking with them on. Well i wanted the ssp but now want to do more research. if i cant get something reliable ill stop dead in my tracks for modifying the X. because thats my lost mod i wanted to do was a clutch. i would almost rather go back to stock if i cant find anything. whats the sense of power when a CMC cant handle a more powerful clutch. you just suck it up as a loss and settle for less?
ya i know the stock will go out but i forgot the alternative he went with but i will pm him cuz i have his s/n and ask wat he did again. but i know the ssp is made out of aluminum but the piston is iron or somethin weird like that so it was wearing the cmc and he had metal shavings all at the bottom. He said he spoke to ssp and they recognized the issue and offered him a full refund because they hadn't fixed the issue yet. Once I get a pm back ill let u guys know.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 08:40 AM

ok man thats whats up im not doing anything else to mine until a good rock solid solution is found. I dont want a brand new car down with 3000 miles on the clock, that **** aint happening
Old Jun 15, 2010, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Thats what the car was made for, beat on it, break, it upgrade it, replace it, have fun again. I wish everything was that simple, you should of gotten a Kia if you wanted to baby it, get out there (when you get to the states) and enjoy your car drive that b**ch like you stole it.
Old Jun 15, 2010, 10:43 AM

yea pat me up wit dat info cause im buying the parts soon so i need to know wat to get
Old Jun 15, 2010, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Well now I'm running the oem on with the AMS master cylinder reinforcement ring. It seems just fine. Ryan Gates used that with his for a long time and he has a stiffer pressure plate than me I believe.
SSP had leaky seals, different plunger designs, etc. It wasn't reliable enough for me to have piece of mind. When we took it off, there was black crap in the fluid leading us to believe that there was a seal about to be leaking shortly. The plunger was also damaged. Keep in mind, I only drove it from dallas to abilene and back. All highway miles. Installation was completed correctly.
Their installation instructions I received were also incomplete.

That's what he wrote me

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in