Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man monkey needs to stop trying to give me advice about upgrades! If I want to be cheap and mod my car with parts off of eBay and auto zone that's my problem! Who cares if I end up paying double the money in the long run, at least it's cheap now!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:10 PM
Evolved Member

^^^you know your right, get the cheap s**t and save money on your parts. Then you could go to the local shops and have them charge you $50 for a BOV install and you got it from eBay for $30. Oh and don't forget, getting your car tuned is optional, when you have hi-performance parts your car can hadle anything!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Goodluck bro, bring it out when it's tuned
yeah I will def be coming out to meet you guys once I am tuned. Oh and I added the STY sticker to the trunk, so that should make another 20 to the wheels lol. Hope I dont offend any subi dudes. They will get over it though lol. There was this blue subie that looked like the famous rally car with a **** on evo sticker on the back. I was like aww thats not nice haha
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
There is no such a law that states E85 is considered "race" gas and therefore illegal. Content analyzing means nothing and it surely doesn't indicate "intent" in the slightest way. E85 is biologically and chemically a safer fuel to use in any engine (turbocharged or not) due to its octane rating. Why do you see so many SUVs and hybrids with the "Bio Fuel" badge around? I'm sure that these particular vehicles aren't racing in the slightest bit. Getting pulled over (for let's say) a registration issue does't give any police officer justification of searching for anything else. And even if the KPD wanted to go into further debt by buying a large quantity of fuel content analyzers, they cannot issue a citation to match the suspected offense.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:35 PM

Saw a Maroon 1GB heading towards front gate today, A silver VIII on tank destroyer, and a Red IX in the inprocess building parking lot today. The IX looked GREAT! Anyone care to claim these vehicles if not I will cause I want all THREE!! LOL!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
There is no such a law that states E85 is considered "race" gas and therefore illegal. Content analyzing means nothing and it surely doesn't indicate "intent" in the slightest way. E85 is biologically and chemically a safer fuel to use in any engine (turbocharged or not) due to its octane rating. Why do you see so many SUVs and hybrids with the "Bio Fuel" badge around? I'm sure that these particular vehicles aren't racing in the slightest bit. Getting pulled over (for let's say) a registration issue does't give any police officer justification of searching for anything else. And even if the KPD wanted to go into further debt by buying a large quantity of fuel content analyzers, they cannot issue a citation to match the suspected offense.
Yeah E85 is legal, and perfectly fine. Basically they are hunting for those running 110 octane fuel. But you can smell that stuff, so I dont see why they have to go in and inspect the car while taking fuel samples. Maybe my friend just ran into some cops that wanted to be ******. Either way, the cops have nothing better to do then to harass people.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 12:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Yeah E85 is legal, and perfectly fine. Basically they are hunting for those running 110 octane fuel. But you can smell that stuff, so I dont see why they have to go in and inspect the car while taking fuel samples. Maybe my friend just ran into some cops that wanted to be ******. Either way, the cops have nothing better to do then to harass people.
110-octane means nothing is going on illegal. Here in Arizona, I can get 110-octane from the pump at local gas stations. Yes, it's more expensive but overall safer to use as opposed to the dominant 91-octane here in the desert.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
110-octane means nothing is going on illegal. Here in Arizona, I can get 110-octane from the pump at local gas stations. Yes, it's more expensive but overall safer to use as opposed to the dominant 91-octane here in the desert.
Yeah I feel you man. But they have it at stations here in texas. You have to get it from race tracks and places like that. I am not exactly sure how to get it. But I am told KPD is looking for those using it. Im on 93 so I'm not worried about it lol.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sgt_petty_210
Yeah I feel you man. But they have it at stations here in texas. You have to get it from race tracks and places like that. I am not exactly sure how to get it. But I am told KPD is looking for those using it. Im on 93 so I'm not worried about it lol.
I know for 100% certainty that you can buy it at Little River. I'm not 100% sure if you can buy it from the smaller airport located on Business 190. I was assigned to Fort Hood for 10-years so I'm familiar with the place not to mention that I'm originally from College Station.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
^^^you know your right, get the cheap s**t and save money on your parts. Then you could go to the local shops and have them charge you $50 for a BOV install and you got it from eBay for $30. Oh and don't forget, getting your car tuned is optional, when you have hi-performance parts your car can hadle anything!
I don't need a damn tune, my car is running fine! And I don't need no fancy fuels either, E85 and C16 is just a waste of money! I'm doing fine on 87 octane!
Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

The following number is to the driver of a 17 second STI. (630) 578-0321 Everyone should congratulate him by sending a friendly text.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Lol is that really his number
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

[quote=RedNBlackEvo8;8531511]Yeah I went to that one and it was pretty good. Thanks for the reply.

P.s.- saw a white 8 while I was driving around base today, it's gonna be nice seeing evos all over the place again.[/quote
Was it on Battalion and Clear Creek? If it was, It was I. I remember the black lip and no wing.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Didn't you know that tunes are optional? I don't think everyone should text him at the same time, we should wait 17 seconds in-between. He might not know what to do if he were to do something any faster than that.
Old Jul 28, 2010, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoTsiGuru
SCREW STUPAROO'S MITSU TILL I DIE! At least the cocky owners of suparu's. But I must say I actually meet one that is COOL and is on here with a Evo as well. Rudy.
Yeah who ever says you cant have both of best worlds is wrong. And you boys are wright, theres some fools that I wouldnt talk to if I didnt have a Subie.LOL!!

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Ya Rudy is my homeboy he just don't know it yet
Awwww Pat you make me blush!Heres one to ya bro.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in