Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whats everybody doing after the meet?
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Okay so the car got tuned today. I dont have numbers because the car had so many issues, so we couldnt make it to steves dyno. On my way up to fort worth friday night, the car was hella sluggish, couldnt boost past 12lbs. Get to Kevins at 930 this morning to start trouble shooting. Ended up draining the entire fuel tank to find I had bad fuel. Refilled, solved alot of problems. This was a couple hours after we trouble shot other things, such as changing out boost controllers and such since the ecu was not reading boost. Car still wasnt running the way it should have been, found out my hfc was totally shot. Stay away from Perrin, as this was not the first time Evo Dynamics has seen these cats to fail. We turned it into a test pipe, solved that problem. Then we found a boost leak. Then the tuning began and now the car feels hella powerful and is a whole new beast. Total of 9 hours of working on the car today.
Over all I appreciate Kevin and Rich's patience as my car was not being very friendly. Next up will be an E85 tune. Oh and I got to ride in a 9 sec evo today, and I have no words to explain the rush lol.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Glad to hear they got you taken care of...Evo Dynamics has always been great to me as well...

Now hurry up and get back there and get E85...you'll enjoy it much much more...

I'll have to try and check out the 9sec Evo next time im up there and try and get a ride to experience the rush lol...
Old Aug 21, 2010, 11:54 PM

With their great work on cars and from yourself and pat and david having work done on their car its no secret that when I get back that i will be having them install the parts I have ordered waiting on me to get home. all i can say is i cant wait to get home
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Sux u had alot of issues but good thing they took care of u. If u need to use a 5 gallon fuel can when u go to get the e85 tune just lmk.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 06RedRalli
^Glad to hear they got you taken care of...Evo Dynamics has always been great to me as well...

Now hurry up and get back there and get E85...you'll enjoy it much much more...

I'll have to try and check out the 9sec Evo next time im up there and try and get a ride to experience the rush lol...
Yeah man, that car was a beast. I cant count the amount of cuss words that came out soon as he hit the gas lol.

Originally Posted by 2010XMAN
With their great work on cars and from yourself and pat and david having work done on their car its no secret that when I get back that i will be having them install the parts I have ordered waiting on me to get home. all i can say is i cant wait to get home
Hurry up and get back so you can have fun with the car. Evo Dynamics will take great care of you and your car. They are even family friendly. I had my wife, and two kids up there the whole time lol. Son was playing wii in the office, an my two year old daughter running around the shop flirting with kevin and rich, then nap in the a/c office on the couch lol.

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Sux u had alot of issues but good thing they took care of u. If u need to use a 5 gallon fuel can when u go to get the e85 tune just lmk.
Thanks man. I cant wait to do E85. The car pulls like a beast now, so I can only imagine the power output after the next tune.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 02:24 PM

Nice to see hes back working on street cars, they suck at working on racecars.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Damm man I cant wait till I start modding mine something always comes up everytime i get a little bit of extra change in my pocket. I think Im either gonna go through Mellon or Kevin more towards Kevin wright now since I wanna get my manifold ported but who knows. I think Im gonna go with 93 & E85.
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scby rex
Nice to see hes back working on street cars, they suck at working on racecars.
You do know he has a 9 sec race car right?
Old Aug 22, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

Question? What injector choices our out there for the Evo brand and reliability wise. And when I do upgrade should I upgrade ICP? I want to stay stock turbo and Intercooler for now kinda tight on money. LOL!!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WhItEVIII
Question? What injector choices our out there for the Evo brand and reliability wise. And when I do upgrade should I upgrade ICP? I want to stay stock turbo and Intercooler for now kinda tight on money. LOL!!
Don't upgrade uicp if u are gonna use a stock flanged bov. For a stock turbo and e85 get the fuel injector clinic 1050cc injectors. I would recommend u get a stock 9 turbo at least or a 10.5 hotside for ur stocker because the 9.8's are garbage and don't hold boost for ****
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:37 AM
Evolving Member

Upgrade the licp though and fmic
Old Aug 23, 2010, 04:33 AM

17 days and a wake up. Trust me We will def have some fun. wow well i will have my lil man occupied at the shop if they got a wii

One request though one weekend i would like to go hit that road limecreek. I want to know what its about.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2010XMAN
One request though one weekend i would like to go hit that road limecreek. I want to know what its about.
If you want to go let me know, me and this guy would like to join you. We plan on avenging the death of my X.

Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
You do know he has a 9 sec race car right?
And might I add, that was the funnest ride I have ever had. I was glued to the seat lol. I hope I didnt leave a brown stain on his seats lol.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in