Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Don't upgrade uicp if u are gonna use a stock flanged bov. For a stock turbo and e85 get the fuel injector clinic 1050cc injectors. I would recommend u get a stock 9 turbo at least or a 10.5 hotside for ur stocker because the 9.8's are garbage and don't hold boost for ****
How much do the nine turbos usually go for?
Originally Posted by monkey_187
If you want to go let me know, me and this guy would like to join you. We plan on avenging the death of my X.

So I take it you got your whip?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:25 AM

you know im down to avenge the evo x. nice clean whip man I cant wait to see more pics of it and see it in person
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Don't upgrade uicp if u are gonna use a stock flanged bov. For a stock turbo and e85 get the fuel injector clinic 1050cc injectors. I would recommend u get a stock 9 turbo at least or a 10.5 hotside for ur stocker because the 9.8's are garbage and don't hold boost for ****
I'd firmly argue against the 9.8cm^2 being garbage. It does in fact hold boost pretty well and it all depends on how much you want to push the turbo. I was running E85 with the FIC 1050s and made some very nice power. Wariosport can attest to this.

And why would you NOT want to upgrade your stock UICP? It's been proven time and time again that a shorter piping route gives one the ability of making more power.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Well we all know that upgrading pipng ofcourse is gonna give me more power but I think the reason he told me not to is just cuz he knows Im short on cash and I wanna try and get tuned with the least money spent on mods for now just so I can get a bit more power. But when I do upgrade intercooler might as well do the piping too I guess Im just gonna have to wait a while longer.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
If you want to go let me know, me and this guy would like to join you. We plan on avenging the death of my X.

As your advisor, I strongly advise against this. Mainly because I'm currently out of a herocam at the moment. But also because tuning issues, climate conditions, and the fact that I still need to adjust my coilovers. Once all this is taken care of, we are hitting it hard.....not literally this time.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhItEVIII
Well we all know that upgrading pipng ofcourse is gonna give me more power but I think the reason he told me not to is just cuz he knows Im short on cash and I wanna try and get tuned with the least money spent on mods for now just so I can get a bit more power. But when I do upgrade intercooler might as well do the piping too I guess Im just gonna have to wait a while longer.
Understood. Tune away...!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Understood. Tune away...!
What all did you have done on your eight?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

U talk to any tuner and they will tell u that an aftermarket uicp isn't worth all the money. U don't see any significant difference with it. A short route piping kit requires a small battery kit or a relocator and for all that extra money it's not worth anything except a boing factor. I like to spend money on parts that are gonna be worth something. Not saying 9.8 Turbos don't make power but there is a significant difference between a 9 turbo and a 9.8 8 turbo
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thats why the only intercooler pipe I changed was the LICP. I still use the stock upper and I will probably run it until it is absolutely necessary to change it. That wont be no time soon.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

What all did you have done on your eight?
Everything power-wise minus some better cams. I had the GSC 264s but they held their own pretty good.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:53 PM
Evolving Member

If Pat and Petty are still running stock upper I might just keep mine that way too for a while. If I can still push out some extra pony's and not have to spend allot of extra money than thats fine by me. Thanx for the input guy's. Just gotta get some freaking cash ASAP!!!! Gonna be buying a downpipe from Monkey so theres a start I guess.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

If Pat and Petty are still running stock upper I might just keep mine that way too for a while. If I can still push out some extra pony's and not have to spend allot of extra money than thats fine by me. Thanx for the input guy's. Just gotta get some freaking cash ASAP!!!! Gonna be buying a downpipe from Monkey so theres a start I guess.
Yeah dont waste your money on an UICP. Spend the money else where. Work on your exhaust from the turbo back, get a fuel pump, LICP, decent intake, 3port boost controller, and get tuned. You will be happy man. Before the cams, injectors, and licp I made 340 awhp. We retuned saturday but im not sure what power I am making now, I have to get to a dyno asap.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:20 PM
Evolving Member

I kept my upper for the longest time. There really wasn't any reason to change it. The only reason why I have the short route upper with small battery is because it came with my turbo kit. I hate the small battery though, I need a jump every time I pull the car put for the weekend. I've only had two tunes since owning my car. The first was at 330whp, and my second and last was at 430whp. I'm really wanting to jump on the E85 bus with everyone else now, so I might be getting another tune soon. Plus I've heard rumors of a new car in town, so I better step up my game.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
I kept my upper for the longest time. There really wasn't any reason to change it. The only reason why I have the short route upper with small battery is because it came with my turbo kit. I hate the small battery though, I need a jump every time I pull the car put for the weekend. I've only had two tunes since owning my car. The first was at 330whp, and my second and last was at 430whp. I'm really wanting to jump on the E85 bus with everyone else now, so I might be getting another tune soon. Plus I've heard rumors of a new car in town, so I better step up my game.
what new car are you talking about? Monkey's?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

Yup I think thats who hes talking about.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in