Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2009, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
It is a very good one have lots of goodies to add to the car, rebuilt tranny, guages, and then the secret stuff. I cant wait to drive it after everything is done and drive it again. I have been without my car for almost 3 weeks now. Ive been using the Cobra while all of this is getting done.
I have my own secret (compliments of KevinD) that I'm in the process of working on. I guess you can say that my Uncle Sam has a way of keeping his "nephew" smiling...
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear good things about him (KevinD) but I only let AMS touch my car when it comes to mods.
Old Mar 17, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Yeah. That would be awesome as I'm not the only EVO guy rolling out around mid-to-late April. There are a few guys on this thread alone but I'll just have them chime in when they can. A nice sunny day with a drive somewhere nice would do the trick. I think something like this will take a lot of coordination but we don't want to have the same hype as that "Honda Day" that IMO was a bust and waste of time.
Thats because they are Hondas, we own EVO's and it doesnt matter where your at. EVERYONE ALWAYS HAS TO LOOK!!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 04:20 PM

Whats going on, My name is Karl Im stationed at Hood. Just got my evo about 2 weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails Ft Hood Evo Check-in-sdc11463.jpg  
Old Mar 18, 2009, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Krazyk
Whats going on, My name is Karl Im stationed at Hood. Just got my evo about 2 weeks ago.
Welcome to "The (not so) Great Place"

I think you rolled by my LMTV earlier while I was at a stop sign...

what unit you with? Join us friday nights at the old target in Killeen at 9pm...PM me for directions...
Old Mar 18, 2009, 04:41 PM

Oh yea...I will be unavailable for anything this 4 day weekend as I have CQ on Friday and Sunday...yay me!!!
Old Mar 18, 2009, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the forum!! Will be seeing you
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome and I hope you got your car checked out. I have heard a lot of shaddy things happen from the dealer you got your car from...........

Oh Yeah, I saw it parked by Deep Stage, I would stay away from them. They prey on military and their rates are insane, IMO.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:26 PM

Thanks everyone. Yeah Ive heard some bad stuff about the dealership I got it from. So far so good, but I need to get the car look through by someone with alot more knowlege than myself about the car. yeah I had deepstage put my boost guage in, I defietly could tell they prey on Military, I gotta find somewhere else to do business with in the local area, ne suggestions???
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
Welcome to "The (not so) Great Place". I think you rolled by my LMTV earlier while I was at a stop sign. what unit you with? Join us friday nights at the old target in Killeen at 9pm...PM me for directions...
It is the GREAT PLACE especially since I'm from College Station. Don't mind Gravvy as he's upset that the ground doesn't move here in Texas. I remember the day you bought your EVO as some of the crew was up there checking yours and the GG EVO at the same dealership. Did you get it tuned as it appeared to be running a bit rich?

Originally Posted by gravvyboy
Oh yea...I will be unavailable for anything this 4 day weekend as I have CQ on Friday and Sunday...yay me!!!
Gravvy, who's upset with you? Where are the other NCOs? I have to admit that pulling CQ was one reason I put my packet in.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:31 PM

No I havent had it tuned yet, Who can tune it for me around here??
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:31 PM

Thanks everyone. Yeah Ive heard some bad stuff about the dealership I got it from. So far so good, but I need to get the car look through by someone with alot more knowlege than myself about the car. yeah I had deepstage put my boost guage in, I defietly could tell they prey on Military, I gotta find somewhere else to do business with in the local area, ne suggestions???
If you need simple parts outside of the engine internals i can help you with just about any install. If you're military the best place to do work is at sprockets.

Hit me up on EvoM with what you're looking to do and i'll be more than heppy to help you out...for those that have seen my car they can attest to my work...

Lemme know
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:35 PM

No I havent had it tuned yet, Who can tune it for me around here??
he was asking if my car was tuned...haha

yeah it's had a couple different maps loaded into it over the course of my ownership

I'm not sure who hates me but I would really like to find out and **** in their gas tank...

Last edited by gravvyboy; Mar 18, 2009 at 07:38 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Fellahs, I have to apologize for the mini-thread jack but I wanted to post here first to keep things in the family. I'm now officially suffering from cabin (garage) fever and I have to get rid of my 18x8 (+40 offset) Konig Heatsink wheels. They have a three inch minor scrape on them when I turned too soon from an ATM. I use a 25mm spacer (front and rear). I am selling these wheels for $350. That's right...$350. First post of interest gets them. Like I said, the cabin fever is in full effect...!

Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

No I haven't had it tuned yet. Who can tune it for me around here?
Bottom line, when it comes to ECU tuning around here, KevinD's prices and services cannot be beat. I'd recommend getting yourself a nice MBC and schedule a custom street tune with him in Dallas. I've made the drive several times over the past two years and I've always left with a smile. There are some other companies/establishments/individuals around here that some of the fellahs have had nice business with but I can only talk about what I know personally.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in