Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^ I just changed the springs and that was it, the whiteline kit will help with the ride quality.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eldiablo79
It was definitely an Evo, but not one I've seen around here before. Speaking of Evos I don't see around too much, anyone see a red Evo with a black hood and I think APR fenders? I think it has a rear diffuser also, I've only seen it a few times. It's pretty clean looking, but I have yet to see it up close.
it might be Jake, does it have wide fenders? if so, its Jake. he's a cool guy. he got here awhile ago but deployed shortly after. he used to come out to the old Target meets... I mean gatherings. I think he's putting it in storage or something like that for some reason.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

Seen that guy jocking your nickname Monkey.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhItEVIII
Seen that guy jocking your nickname Monkey.
There is only room for one Monkey in this town. (old western song playing before a stand off)
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by monkey_187
There is only room for one Monkey in this town. (old western song playing before a stand off)
Lol, he started the pics of evodynamics thread. He doesnt have the cool 187 after his name like you do though. haha
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:23 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Monkey I was looking at the Mishimoto intercooler and the ETS one theres not that much difference in core size other than you can get them larger if you want from ETS. Heard anything good about the Mishimoto?
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:46 PM
Evolving Member

Mishimoto ain't really popular from what I've seen. For ur setup get an ets 3.5 inch
Old Aug 24, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

I guess theyre radiators are well know Ive seen them around allot mainlly on Nissan though.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

There radiator are ok, but the FMIC is garbage, just get an ETS core and you will be happy. Plus ETS_Michael gives you a military discount.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah I was talking to him about that not that long ago.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:02 PM

Sup guys! Just wanted to give Joe from auto*** a shoutout for some awsome service at a price to low to advertise online...lol I left the car with him for a clutch install, and it was done before I knew it. He even got my flywheel resurfaced on a Sat..those that have tried to know no one in killeen will do it for some stupid reason. He even went the extra mile to try and jimmy rig a broke air filter I had. There were a few other things he took care of that to me was above and beyond customer service I had expected. Hands down Im completly happy with his work! Although im in break in mode, the clutch feels awsome and I know was done right the first time. Ill definitly be calling him to install my BBK, FMIC and O2 pipe next month sometime. Give him a call, Im sure you wont be disappointed!
Thanks Joe!!
Now back to your scheduled programming
Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
There radiator are ok, but the FMIC is garbage, just get an ETS core and you will be happy. Plus ETS_Michael gives you a military discount.
And dont for get the Nicei 3.7 FMIC, can be had for the same price as the ETS 3.5 and if you research the threads many will say is one of the better FMIC even rivialling those of CBRD.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Umm I couldn't helped u do the clutch for free and i could help with everything else. Glad ur happy with ur install but automax sux dick. They don't like to warranty ****. They will never get any of my money , including the parts department.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Umm I couldn't helped u do the clutch for free and i could help with everything else. Glad ur happy with ur install but automax sux dick. They don't like to warranty ****. They will never get any of my money , including the parts department.
Thanks for the offer bro, but I didnt take it to Auto*** I took it to Joe who just happens to work there. Yea it would have been free with us doing the work, but along with free the chance for mistakes. Id rather pay below most shops would have charged to have a mitsu tech do it in at least half the time it would have taken us, including beer pauses, cuts and bruise whining, stuck bolts and lights breaking in the head all over ur brand new cams....opps scratch that last one, just had a flashback from when me and monkey did the cams...lol Remeber that one Monkey hahaha
Old Aug 24, 2010, 03:28 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I remember when YOU broke the light not me. Lol. I do miss the days the ex-gr would be cooking for us while we would work on the cars.

Now if only you would leave your tricycle alone and get back in the Evo. You would know what going fast is......

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in