Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gravvyboy
Oh yea...I will be unavailable for anything this 4 day weekend as I have CQ on Friday and Sunday...yay me!!!
don't feel bad, i'm on duty now! i'll come visit you!! sorry

Last edited by 03nevaevolution; Mar 18, 2009 at 07:59 PM. Reason: felt sorry for initial post
Old Mar 18, 2009, 07:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
don't feel bad, i'm on duty now. oh, that means a 5 day weekend sorry

uh huh...maybe i should come by tomorrow before yu get off duty so yu can kick me in the *****...so i can think about something else while my 4 day is ruined...haha
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Krazyk
Whats going on, My name is Karl Im stationed at Hood. Just got my evo about 2 weeks ago.
sup karl. saw you by hell on wheels and waved. i have the stock appearing 03 RR.

if i see you on friday at the old target, we can download your maps and compare it to stock/put stock back in/or upload something that'll hold you off 'till a dyno tune.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 03:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
New Forum Thread: Clubs???

Did anyone else notice the new forum? There is a forum in the regional section call Clubs. which bring up a thought. Lets start a club for the CenTex area. What do you all think??
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by evoredy
sup karl. saw you by hell on wheels and waved. i have the stock appearing 03 RR.

if i see you on friday at the old target, we can download your maps and compare it to stock/put stock back in/or upload something that'll hold you off 'till a dyno tune.
Sounds good appreciate it. Ill be up at target for sure. Look forwarding to meeting you.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 06:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
sup karl. saw you by hell on wheels and waved. i have the stock appearing 03 RR. if i see you on friday at the old target, we can download your maps and compare it to stock/put stock back in/or upload something that'll hold you off 'till a dyno tune.
Now that's what I'm talking about...EVO brother taking care of another EVO brother.

Originally Posted by 03nevaevolution
Did anyone else notice the new forum? There is a forum in the regional section call Clubs. Lets start a club for the CenTex area. What do you all think??
I think it would be a nice thing to do. I know the NTEC fellahs up in D/FW have a forum. I think the only thing to do is check out what those details are and agree on a name of the forum.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If anyone is interested, on April 4th, NTEC is having a cruise on the SW side of the DFW metromess. Ya'll are invited.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...th-9-00-m.html
Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:45 AM

Hello
At what time you all get together at the old Target? Just got back from Iraq on Monday and looking for some Evo love. Also I'm about to install my FP Red and just want to talk to anybody that have done it.

Last edited by Sabot; Mar 19, 2009 at 07:50 AM.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by goofygrin
If anyone is interested, on April 4th, NTEC is having a cruise on the SW side of the DFW metromess. Ya'll are invited.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/no...th-9-00-m.html
This sounds like a nice venue and the route looks pretty nice as well. I think I might just ditch the San Antonio Midnight Madness plans and make the trip to D/FW instead.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

Since we are all off tomorrow why not take a little trip to the Little River track and get some runs in. I'm thinking about leaving right at 1730 and do about six runs so I'm not there all night when the masses show. I'm interested to see where the car stands and what I'm capable of doing. We'd be back before the link up time at Target is what I'm thinking. Thoughts?
Old Mar 19, 2009, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sabot
Hello
At what time you all get together at the old Target? Just got back from Iraq on Monday and looking for some Evo love. Also I'm about to install my FP Red and just want to talk to anybody that have done it.
i think it's rare around here to see an X with an upgraded turbo let alone an FP Red. i would take some leave and set up an appointment so you can have a big name put it in and then flaunt your numbers in the other section.

i never even removed the top plastic cover on an X lol.

pure_evo: there's a mopar event at the track this weekend. don't know if its friday or saturday, but i'm going. i may see you guys tomorrow at target or little river.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
replacing the turbo in an X isn't anywhere near as easy as on an 8 or 9. In the X howto forum there is a post telling you all the spare stuff you'll need (oil seals and stuff).

There's one bolt holding the hotside on that is really a huge pain to get to from the bottom... and getting the manifold out can be brutal. Be sure to liquid wrench everything since the stock mitsu bolts break really easy.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by goofygrin
replacing the turbo in an X isn't anywhere near as easy as on an 8 or 9. In the X howto forum there is a post telling you all the spare stuff you'll need (oil seals and stuff).

There's one bolt holding the hotside on that is really a huge pain to get to from the bottom... and getting the manifold out can be brutal. Be sure to liquid wrench everything since the stock mitsu bolts break really easy.
thanks for the info it looks like I'm going to need more beer...lol
Old Mar 19, 2009, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

pure_evo: there's a mopar event at the track this weekend. don't know if its friday or saturday, but i'm going. i may see you guys tomorrow at target or little river.
Right now it doesn't look like anyone is interested in heading to the track. The only thing I have planned for the afternoon is checking out Nicolas Cage's new move "Knowing" and then I'm going to head out to the track as I have nothing else at all going on. What time do you plan to make that drive as we can roll out there together even if it's just to spectate for a few hours.
Old Mar 19, 2009, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sabot
Hello. At what time you all get together at the old Target? Just got back from Iraq on Monday and looking for some Evo love. Also I'm about to install my FP Red and just want to talk to anybody that have done it.
Welcome Home! I see you're wasting no time getting and taking your EVO to the next level. Unfortunately, a couple of us are rolling out next month but everyone knows that's how Fort Hood is - a group comes back...a group leaves.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in