Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
Welcome Home! I see you're wasting no time getting and taking your EVO to the next level. Unfortunately, a couple of us are rolling out next month but everyone knows that's how Fort Hood is - a group comes back...a group leaves.

Thanks..yeah that sucks...I hope we stop all this deployments soon.
My goals are 450hp. Right now I have the FP Red,1000cc inj., AEM meth/water inj. kit., Walbro fuel pump. I think I should be close with a good tuning. I PM KevinD and he is waiting for evoscan to take fully advantage of the X.

...and of course Intercooler, pipes, DP, and exhaust are on the way.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
Since we are all off tomorrow why not take a little trip to the Little River track and get some runs in. I'm thinking about leaving right at 1730 and do about six runs so I'm not there all night when the masses show. I'm interested to see where the car stands and what I'm capable of doing. We'd be back before the link up time at Target is what I'm thinking. Thoughts?

im down to roll with you, my subscribe crap must not be working as i didnt realize until this morning we had some conversastion going on in the thread.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

is anyone going to the track in Temple? I have a friend that wants to run his car and wants to see where he is at also. It is an AMS built EVO like mine...........We can all leave from Target and ride up there together.......

I seen a yellow EVO 8 with Missouri plates, tried to say whats up but he just hit it, made a lot of noise but didnt seem to go anywhere. Anyone know who that is?

Last edited by monkey_187; Mar 20, 2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:05 AM

I'm down for the track tonight, is the plan to meet and roll out together?
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

My friend and I will be showing up at Target around 730pm if anyone would like to go. We will be meeting there and riding out to the track from there. He would like to run against EVO's and domestics.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Welcome to Karl and Sabot.

Sabot, I recommend you take your car early to the Sprokets autocraft center and do it there. This way you will be sure to have all the right tools... its amazing how much easier everything is when you have a air gun and a lift...

I'll try to swing by Target tonight. I am not sure I have time for the track though I'm anxious to find out what my tuned X can run. I am hoping its at least as fast as my old Evo 8 and 9 (both 12.5 at 109).
Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Welcome to Karl and Sabot. Sabot, I recommend you take your car early to the Sprokets autocraft center and do it there. This way you will be sure to have all the right tools... its amazing how much easier everything is when you have a air gun and a lift. I'll try to swing by Target tonight. I am not sure I have time for the track though I'm anxious to find out what my tuned X can run. I am hoping its at least as fast as my old Evo 8 and 9 (both 12.5 at 109).
I would like to head out there early (around 1730) because I don't feel like waiting in lines to get the runs in. I would like to do about four runs just to get an idea of what the 'ole mamba is capable of putting down. I'll be happy with a 12.5 as it will be my first time tackling the "tree".
Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

Welcome to Karl and Sabot.

Sabot, I recommend you take your car early to the Sprokets autocraft center and do it there. This way you will be sure to have all the right tools... its amazing how much easier everything is when you have a air gun and a lift...

I'll try to swing by Target tonight. I am not sure I have time for the track though I'm anxious to find out what my tuned X can run. I am hoping its at least as fast as my old Evo 8 and 9 (both 12.5 at 109).
I doubt it will be as fast as your evo 8
Old Mar 20, 2009, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sabot
My goals are 450hp. Right now I have the FP Red,1000cc inj., AEM meth/water inj. kit., Walbro fuel pump. I think I should be close with a good tuning. I PM KevinD and he is waiting for evoscan to take fully advantage of the X. And of course Intercooler, pipes, DP, and exhaust are on the way.
Originally Posted by monkey_187
is anyone going to the track in Temple? I have a friend that wants to run his car and wants to see where he is at also. It is an AMS built EVO like mine. We can all leave from Target and ride up there together
Originally Posted by CentexEvoX
I'm down for the track tonight. Is the plan to meet and roll out together?
Originally Posted by monkey_187
My friend and I will be showing up at Target around 1930 if anyone would like to go. We will be meeting there and riding out to the track from there. He would like to run against EVO's and domestics.
I don't have any of the AMS goodies like you guys but that's alright as I'll have to throw some jabs instead of the hay-makers. If we're rolling at we need to roll right at 1930 as I'm not trying to stand in lines all night. I'll be happy with a 12.5 without breaking anything. I still have some "sipping" sounds going on that I can't find out what the issue is though.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 02:03 PM
Evolving Member

If I don't get less than a 12.4 I'm going to be pissed!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sabot
My goals are 450hp. Right now I have the FP Red,1000cc inj., AEM meth/water inj. kit., Walbro fuel pump. I think I should be close with a good tuning. I PM KevinD and he is waiting for evoscan to take fully advantage of the X. And of course Intercooler, pipes, DP, and exhaust are on the way.
IMO you will be closer to 500whp once Kevin gets done with it. A good thing about going meth instead of E85 is you don't have to buy a double pumper. Another good thing is that the NTEC fellahs are fabricating their own double pumper.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
If I don't get less than a 12.4 I'm going to be pissed!
If YOU dont get less than that I will be pissed!

We will meet at the old Target at exactly 1930 then leave from there. eldiablo and myself will be leaving right away!

Last edited by monkey_187; Mar 20, 2009 at 03:50 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolving Member

Make sure you take a Helmet. 13.0 or faster they make you wear a helmet or at least they used to.

I would have gone, but I was in an accident yesterday and my car was aerodynamically enhanced by a Jeep Compass.

Last edited by wariosport; Mar 20, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:44 PM
Evolved Member

either way join us, my car is getting worked on as we speak but I will be in the Cobra
Old Mar 20, 2009, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by wariosport
Make sure you take a Helmet. 13.0 or faster they make you wear a helmet or at least they used to.

I would have gone, but I was in an accident yesterday and my car was aerodynamically enhanced by a Jeep Compass.

oUCH! Sorry to hear man! Ill be there @ 1930 on the bike ready to roll...cars still in the shop

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in