Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 05:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I'm willing to bet that most of you fellahs are headed up to Target right now and I'm home with my three little homies. My wife pulled the 'ole "I didn't know you had plans to go to track" routine and she's in Round Rock of all places at the dang outlets. Not only does she have amnesia but she's out spending my loot. Great. Hopefully, she saves me enough to get into the track but right now I'm just trying not to get crunk and start cracking my motivations (beer) open and have discussions with them. The tournament is pretty good though.
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good turn out at the track! I know that everyone wanted to run faster than what they did but we all have our sh!tty days. I dont know what happened to the X guys didnt see any of them once we got to the track.

The guy in the blue X with the RZ's sorry I dont remember your name but it was nice meeting you!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:10 PM

To the guys that made it out to the track last night, had a great time! Fastest run on the bike was a 11.2..woot woot. To the guys that didnt run as fast as they'd hope....prctice makes for faster time so just keep pushing it. To my man that broke on the line, let us know if you need any help....We got monday off so.....The dope than dope garage is always willing to lend a helping hand. The CEO is Monkey by the way....lol What happened to the guys in the evo 10's? The only one I saw once we got there was the guy that drove the blue one (didnt get ur name bro) Well holla a you cats later!
Old Mar 20, 2009, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Good turn out at the track! I know that everyone wanted to run faster than what they did but we all have our sh!tty days. I dont know what happened to the X guys didnt see any of them once we got to the track.

The guy in the blue X with the RZ's sorry I dont remember your name but it was nice meeting you!
Maybe they got pulled over by the cops, I heard there was an all black evo that was getting chased around town.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by monkey_187

I believe that is "Sir Fred" your referring to...hahahaha
Old Mar 21, 2009, 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
Maybe they got pulled over by the cops, I heard there was an all black evo that was getting chased around town.

or maybe it was....
Old Mar 21, 2009, 01:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by soceur77
To the guys that made it out to the track last night, had a great time! Fastest run on the bike was a 11.2..woot woot. To the guys that didnt run as fast as they'd hope....prctice makes for faster time so just keep pushing it. To my man that broke on the line, let us know if you need any help....We got monday off so.....The dope than dope garage is always willing to lend a helping hand. The CEO is Monkey by the way....lol What happened to the guys in the evo 10's? The only one I saw once we got there was the guy that drove the blue one (didnt get ur name bro) Well holla a you cats later!
appreciate it man. i think i heated up my tires/showboated too much in the wetbox and broke hard parts on the launch heh. getting into consistant 11's will require a shep/tre trans and tcase for sure. maybe some more clutch pre-loading practice too.

i'll source a used 8 tc/put my ralliart diff in it (if its not blown up/doubt it) and practice the hell out of launching before i head out of here.

100% driver error on this.

"experience goes up rationally with equipment destroyed."
Old Mar 21, 2009, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoredy
appreciate it man. i think i heated up my tires/showboated too much in the wetbox and broke hard parts on the launch heh. getting into consistant 11's will require a shep/tre trans and tcase for sure. maybe some more clutch pre-loading practice too.

i'll source a used 8 tc/put my ralliart diff in it (if its not blown up/doubt it) and practice the hell out of launching before i head out of here.

100% driver error on this.

"experience goes up rationally with equipment destroyed."
I hope you get your car back and you dont have to pay out the a$$ for it. Like I told you last night find anyone that has roadside assistance on their cell phone plan and ask them to call for a tow for you. You are allowed a total of 3-5 tows a months for free. Yes, the Doper than Dope garage is will give a helping hand if needed!
Old Mar 21, 2009, 06:04 AM
Evolved Member

Evo X with RZs = Dwight... he is my evil twin. I also have a blue x with RZs.

I promised my wife some time off yesterday so I couldn't leave until she got back which was late enough where we couldn't get this worked out before track time. I can't wait till these kids are a little older.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
I heard there was an all black evo that was getting chased around town.
Its a good thing you drive a F-117!

Last edited by monkey_187; Mar 21, 2009 at 06:13 AM.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 06:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Evo X with RZs = Dwight... he is my evil twin. I also have a blue x with RZs.

I promised my wife some time off yesterday so I couldn't leave until she got back which was late enough where we couldn't get this worked out before track time. I can't wait till these kids are a little older.
I thought he was you, he laughed and told me the same thing. He said everyone gets confused. It was nice to meet him, only guy with the X that was talking to us with 8's and 9's. I had the Cobra out so I was the outcast....
Old Mar 21, 2009, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

So what did Pure_Evo run?
Old Mar 21, 2009, 07:34 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
So what did Pure_Evo run?
AAR coming...
Stay tuned as my coffee just finished brewing.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 08:24 AM
Evolved Member

With coffee in hand and the thinking juices flowing, the military teaches that we have to do an AAR for everything. I hope you fellahs are ready to read as this might get a bit lengthy. Last night was my first time drag racing my car and going into the event I always had some preconceived notions about how it would be. All of these notions have been thrown in the trash as of this morning. I had thoughts like: "How hard can getting a good reaction time be?" "How hard can it be to get a good launch? After all, I've done several on the street" "How difficult can it be driving in a straight line?" So, the first lesson learned is not to all the 'ole brain to paint an improper picture. It's just like playing to the level of your competition on the basketball court and then loosing to a team which you should easily beat. The second lesson learned is that it takes an enormous amount of coordination to get all of the required factors to line up during the same run.

With that said, I did some research to get an idea of what the computer believed I'd run. My car with a half tank of gas with driver weighs roughly 3,650-lbs. With a custom street tune of 301whp, the 'ole computer had faith that my car was capable of running 13.3 quarter mile. This is the point where those preconceived notions started to kick in. For whatever reason, I believed that it was possible to run somewhere around 12.5-12.8 which was the goal I was searching for.

Now to the track...

Keeping the car "AS IS" and getting right in line, I did what I could to learn the "tree" pattern and it didn't look too difficult (again those dang notions kicking in). The first run I was in the left lane and for whatever reason I thought there would be more time after staging so I went to adjust my foot on the clutch. Before I knew it, the light went green and I saw Shawn shoot off the line like a bat-outta-hell. I didn't even get the chance to two-step at all. After this first run, I could only laugh at myself as the "tree" was more aggressive than I thought.

1st Run:
Reaction Time - 1.53
60' - 1.97
330' - 5.63
1/8 ET - 8.69
1/8 MPH - 81.36
1/4 ET - 14.39
1/4 MPH - 59.48

It was nice to get that first run out of the way without breaking anything. I again kept the car "AS IS" because of the 'ole "tree" incident. The second time Shawn and I switched lanes and I knew not to make the same mistake as the first run.

2nd Run:
Reaction Time - 0.5
60' - 2.00
330' - 5.66
1/8 ET - 8.74
1/8 MPH - 80.79
1/4 ET - 14.53
1/4 MPH - 59.47

The third lesson learned is that nothing can or ever replace "seat time" on the drag strip.

As I'm typing this AAR, it dawned on me that my 1/4 MPH are extremely low. Heck, I drive that fast down Rancier Avenue during lunch time. Where "exactly" does the 1/4 mile end as I was stopping right at the clocks. Someone please tell me that I was stopping too soon! All in all, I had a great time and meeting some of you fellahs face-to-face is what it's all about.
Old Mar 21, 2009, 08:33 AM

Those trap speeds are not matching the times you ran at all, I'm 99% sure you were braking to early.

Also you can get your 60ft times down by pre-loading the clutch and leaving off the E-brake. At least that how it works with FWD, I don't see why it wouldn't apply to AWD.....but I am new to the EVO so I may be wrong

Last edited by CentexEvoX; Mar 21, 2009 at 08:37 AM.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in