Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2010, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Frontskill
Sup Mario, yeah still got it. Been doing the bike thing lately. Man I'm
rusty. How's it goin over there.
Doing good. Keep going back and forth on buying coilovers. Having a hard time parting with 2k!
Old Oct 1, 2010, 02:29 PM

I'd say if it aint broke dont fix it, I assume you have a lot of set up time with your current suspension. But if it takes you to the next level... like they say, you gotta pay to play.
Old Oct 1, 2010, 09:50 PM

Well fellas its been fun... enjoyed chillin with you. My last night at the track i ran 13 flat at 107 gotta get some tires and work on my 60ft time i think the tires would help alot lol ..
Old Oct 2, 2010, 01:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sidekick_1134
Well fellas its been fun... enjoyed chillin with you. My last night at the track i ran 13 flat at 107 gotta get some tires and work on my 60ft time i think the tires would help alot lol ..
Yeah man, work on that launch of yours, and get some tires. That is a 12 sec car. Hit me up tomorrow brother.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:55 AM

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
i don't own an evo (yet) but i'm checkin in, y'all might know me from iwsti or nasioc or the local awd evo scene.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 02:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by michael_cano
i don't own an evo (yet) but i'm checkin in, y'all might know me from iwsti or nasioc or the local awd evo scene.
Haa!!! Does this mean more people are realizing that Scuby's are slow and want to come over to the Dark side?
Old Oct 2, 2010, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by WhItEVIII
Haa!!! Does this mean more people are realizing that Scuby's are slow and want to come over to the Dark side?
i'm assuming that's rudy speaking considering what u drive, but yeah, i realized that around 400awhp scoobies tend to break down, i decided that i'm gonna cross over to the dark side, i'm trying to get one b4 i deploy so i can pay on that while i'm gone. i'm thinking bout any gen with a fp red and e 85
Old Oct 2, 2010, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah LOL!!!! You should be able to find one for a decent price.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

You finally realized that you will never have a fast car owning a Slowbaru. Hurry up and get rid of that hooptie and get into the Evo. You are going to hate yourself for not getting it in the 1st place.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

i'm assuming that's rudy speaking considering what u drive, but yeah, i realized that around 400awhp scoobies tend to break down, i decided that i'm gonna cross over to the dark side, i'm trying to get one b4 i deploy so i can pay on that while i'm gone. i'm thinking bout any gen with a fp red and e 85
If I were u I would take my time and find a ix , yes the mivec motors respond better to mods.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by monkey_187
You finally realized that you will never have a fast car owning a Slowbaru. Hurry up and get rid of that hooptie and get into the Evo. You are going to hate yourself for not getting it in the 1st place.
i dont regret owning a soob for 1 second, it was a great starter car to learn about forced induction and all that good stuff, now i'm tryin 2 step into the big boi league and make 4-500 awhp, and sti's tend to have issues at that level. i've always liked evos, but i had to stand my ground as a subaru owner

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
If I were u I would take my time and find a ix , yes the mivec motors respond better to mods.
i actually kind of want a x, i know they're heavier but i like the semi luxury/go fast aspect of them. but i'll take any year
Old Oct 3, 2010, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

i dont regret owning a soob for 1 second, it was a great starter car to learn about forced induction and all that good stuff, now i'm tryin 2 step into the big boi league and make 4-500 awhp, and sti's tend to have issues at that level. i've always liked evos, but i had to stand my ground as a subaru owner

i actually kind of want a x, i know they're heavier but i like the semi luxury/go fast aspect of them. but i'll take any year
I would say go with a IX. Pat is right about how they respond to mods better. I like the X as well, but in an VIII or a IX you just feel more in touch with the road. Thats just my opinion. I do like how much better the X's ride and handle, and how they are much quieter then the VIII and IX. But if you are one that loves to feel in control by being behind the wheel of a fast car, i would say go with an VIII or IX. Big picture though, an Evo is an Evo. They all have their ups and downs.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

If u want a better interior and ride quality go for X plus they handle better. If u want more raw power and cheaper speed go for a ix.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
If u want a better interior and ride quality go for X plus they handle better. If u want more raw power and cheaper speed go for a ix.
This...
Old Oct 3, 2010, 05:10 PM

thanks for the help gentleman, i'm gonna be honest.....i'm gonna take the first one that somebody tells me i can get in. i might just have to wait till i get back from deployment, that way i can have a down payment and make things a little easier

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in