Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it looks like your going to start modding the wrong way already, loud doesn't mean fast. Get out of the ricer mentality! A loud car doesn't mean fast, it's not like the POS Slowbarus that you guys buy. It takes very little to make an Evo fast and loud and obnoxious isn't one of them. Mod the Evo the right way not the ricer way, if you are just keep the Slowbaru. This way you dont make us look back like Megatron has done already.

Last edited by monkey_187; Oct 6, 2010 at 07:39 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 08:02 AM

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
Well it looks like your going to start modding the wrong way already, loud doesn't mean fast. Get out of the ricer mentality! A loud car doesn't mean fast, it's not like the POS Slowbarus that you guys buy. It takes very little to make an Evo fast and loud and obnoxious isn't one of them. Mod the Evo the right way not the ricer way, if you are just keep the Slowbaru. This way you dont make us look back like Megatron has done already.
well splain me the right way senor.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Well we dont have a ricer section on our board but if you look in these sections its a start, I dont do other peoples homework.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/evo-general-11/

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-results-299/

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...drivetrain-22/

Last edited by monkey_187; Oct 6, 2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My exhaust is loud, but I dont consider it ricey. The O2 dump is what is really loud, and again I dont think its ricey. Just what some people like. Difference with ETS is it performs great. But it is awesome to have a quiet car, then turn around and watch it haul ***. I loved the way Matt car was quiet and was quick.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

When its loud but with a purpose is a different story, if all hes after is it being loud then just go straight 3" all the way no muffler or cat. I also have an o2 dump and my exhaust is not loud, its actually very quiet.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:04 AM

i'm not askin u to do my homework, but you evidently had some thoughts on what the "right way," of modding is so that's why i was askin you. i'm not in it for the ricer style. but i do like a good strong exhaust roar. for me that's one of the first mods is exhaust, i like to hear the engine growl, idk that's just my style tho. if it's ricer oh well
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Well I am the most hated guy here but the on e that helps out anytime I can so please feel free to get butt hurt at anything I say.

ANY exhaust you pick will sound nice, ITS AN EVO, they have different tones unlike the Slowbaru where they ALL sound the same. On my first car I have the Apexi exhaust and had a sound like no other. I payed around $1500 for it, my X had Buschur and it was also another good tone. This Evo that I have now I also have the Buschur exhaust and it sound great, till the external dump opens up.

There are many ways to mod the Evo and I guarantee that no matter what route you take you will be happy. Get an intake, exhaust, tune, and I know you will be faster than some of the Slowbaru guys. Once you get that you could look into the valvetrain, FMIC, ICP, fuel system, and clutch.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Monkey is a straight forward guy and will tell you how it is. Him and I had our fair share of words to lol. But hes a good dude and knows his stuff about cars. He gives good advice. And yeah I agree about loud and serves a purpose. My stuff is loud and gets annoying. I am even thinking about ditching the O2 dump, bit to loud for my taste.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

I like my exaust it's nice and quiet. I had M.J. get on it for me so I can hear it from the outside and it's verry quiet but sounds nice. I know once other stuff gets moved around it will get a bit more aggresive. Oh yeah and people people!!!!! "cant we all just get along"
Old Oct 6, 2010, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
Monkey is a straight forward guy and will tell you how it is. Him and I had our fair share of words to lol. But hes a good dude and knows his stuff about cars. He gives good advice. And yeah I agree about loud and serves a purpose. My stuff is loud and gets annoying. I am even thinking about ditching the O2 dump, bit to loud for my taste.

True we did, but its like I tell everyone, you just have to get to know me and you will see that I am an ok guy, I get along with everyone.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 11:10 AM

i already know how you are monkey, when we were at hooters not too long ago we were having some good debates/arguments i guess you could call em. i'm not butt hurt. and i'm positive that what u say is accurate.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 03:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187

True we did, but its like I tell everyone, you just have to get to know me and you will see that I am an ok guy, I get along with everyone.
He's just an ******* like me. We have our own ******* club.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by wariosport
He's just an ******* like me. We have our own ******* club.
That's right, no thin skin f***ing fa**ots allowed.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 04:52 PM

hey monkey, what you doing this saturday?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 05:48 PM

i test drove the evo x at cleo bay this afternoon, it's a very nice car. i did a couple pulls on ws young, bangin through the gears and i was really surprised that in 4th the car really felt like it was gonna take off lol. all in all it's a nice car, i did feel a little bit of the notchy/grindy kinda feeling in the shifter/tranny. i don't know if that's common but i saw a thread about it, i just never bothered to read it. it's too bad they wanted 34k out the door, otherwise i would've taken it.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in