Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2010, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are plenty of black Evos out here, I just seen one last night when I was with my gf. It was pulled over by the cops with a mustang. It was at the Chevron across from the mall.
Old Oct 10, 2010, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tiradocc
Won't be much longer now, pulled an all nighter and completed your parts
Thanks bro
Old Oct 11, 2010, 08:16 AM

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
i think i made up my mind last night on what i want, i want an evo x, w/twin scroll hta35r, even on pump i should be making around 450-500. monkey you had ce28's on ur x? i'm thinkin bout going the cheap route w/some rota dpt's hahaha. can't be a baller in every category
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by michael_cano
i think i made up my mind last night on what i want, i want an evo x, w/twin scroll hta35r, even on pump i should be making around 450-500. monkey you had ce28's on ur x? i'm thinkin bout going the cheap route w/some rota dpt's hahaha. can't be a baller in every category
I'm not trying to discourage your dream when I say this but have you considered what your overall goals and use of the car is? That way, it'd be easier to plan backwards. You stated a goal of 450whp+ on pump gas but didn't state at what boost level. You also need to state if this is going to be on a street tune, virtual tune, or one of the dynos (i.e. - Mustang, Dynojet, etc.). I believe once you make it known what your goals and uses of the car will be then you will be able to receive some nice advice from the fellahs there. Good luck!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I'm not trying to discourage your dream when I say this but have you considered what your overall goals and use of the car is? That way, it'd be easier to plan backwards. You stated a goal of 450whp+ on pump gas but didn't state at what boost level. You also need to state if this is going to be on a street tune, virtual tune, or one of the dynos (i.e. - Mustang, Dynojet, etc.). I believe once you make it known what your goals and uses of the car will be then you will be able to receive some nice advice from the fellahs there. Good luck!
the overall use of the car will be just a really fun daily driver, 450-500 whp at around 28-30 psi is my goal, i'd run e-85 but it's not available everywhere and i don't wanna be stuck in centex my entire life lol. as far as the dyno goes, i'd like it to be on a mustang, just because it's low reading. but numbers aren't really my biggest thing, i just want something that's fast and nice to look at. i just wanna be fast lol
Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

the overall use of the car will be just a really fun daily driver, 450-500 whp at around 28-30 psi is my goal, i'd run e-85 but it's not available everywhere and i don't wanna be stuck in centex my entire life lol. as far as the dyno goes, i'd like it to be on a mustang, just because it's low reading. but numbers aren't really my biggest thing, i just want something that's fast and nice to look at. i just wanna be fast lol
OK. So you want to look fast and be fast. That's on par with nearly every EVO owner (past and present). A fun daily driver with a trip to the drag strip here and there is what I'm going to assume, right? I'm also going to assume that you're talking about a 2.0L in a non-T3 housing. By "fun" I'm also going to assume that you're talking about having a spirited drive which is where the amount of torque made throughout the powerband kicks in not much so with how much power you're making. I'm also going to assume that running either meth or alky is out of the question and that you're firm on staying with pump/93. And because you stated a range of 28-30PSI, (again assuming) you're going to want something that can quickly get into boost with a nice transient response between shifts.

I'd look into the following turbos to get a baseline:
(1) CBRD BBK-X (56-lbs/min) - $1,785
(2) FP Green (54-lbs/min) - $1,600
(3) FP Red (60-lbs/min) - $1,600

There are plenty of turbos out there for you to choose from and in my opinion you don't need a turbo with the flow rate the size of the HTA35r to achieve your goals on pump/93.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

ohhhhh yeah i saw your vids petty i couldnt see what times you were hitting at the track i really want that dam jdm bumper to damit. lol

and boost dude nice kill vs the goat... did yah already see the video where i went to austin and raced a 489hp cobra i lost by a ****en bumper it was a good *** race i got a better video imma post on yahs profile.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evostacio
ohhhhh yeah i saw your vids petty i couldnt see what times you were hitting at the track i really want that dam jdm bumper to damit. lol

and boost dude nice kill vs the goat... did yah already see the video where i went to austin and raced a 489hp cobra i lost by a ****en bumper it was a good *** race i got a better video imma post on yahs profile.
ya it was a g8 but petty ran a 12.2 on 93 with a stock clutch. I saw the vids of the cobra u almost had his ***. I know he was a little embarrased after that run
Old Oct 11, 2010, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by pure_evo
OK. So you want to look fast and be fast. That's on par with nearly every EVO owner (past and present). A fun daily driver with a trip to the drag strip here and there is what I'm going to assume, right? I'm also going to assume that you're talking about a 2.0L in a non-T3 housing. By "fun" I'm also going to assume that you're talking about having a spirited drive which is where the amount of torque made throughout the powerband kicks in not much so with how much power you're making. I'm also going to assume that running either meth or alky is out of the question and that you're firm on staying with pump/93. And because you stated a range of 28-30PSI, (again assuming) you're going to want something that can quickly get into boost with a nice transient response between shifts.

I'd look into the following turbos to get a baseline:
(1) CBRD BBK-X (56-lbs/min) - $1,785
(2) FP Green (54-lbs/min) - $1,600
(3) FP Red (60-lbs/min) - $1,600

There are plenty of turbos out there for you to choose from and in my opinion you don't need a turbo with the flow rate the size of the HTA35r to achieve your goals on pump/93.
all your assumptions are correct sir. i have given the red serious thought, i think if i went red i'd probly run e 85. i have seen a couple dyno plots from that turbo w/ e-85 and it looks like fun. i just chose the 35r because of our natural human instinct to want more. i know at some point after driving my car around i'm gonna feel like it's slow, and want mo powaa. so that's my thinking on the 35r, it'll have plenty of headroom for me to build a short block and make 600 whp, which should be enough to get me into a casket or in trouble lol.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

i would go with a 6262 those are funnnnn
Old Oct 11, 2010, 02:25 PM
Evolved Member

all your assumptions are correct sir. i have given the red serious thought, i think if i went red i'd probly run e 85. i have seen a couple dyno plots from that turbo w/ e-85 and it looks like fun. i just chose the 35r because of our natural human instinct to want more. i know at some point after driving my car around i'm gonna feel like it's slow, and want mo powaa. so that's my thinking on the 35r, it'll have plenty of headroom for me to build a short block and make 600 whp, which should be enough to get me into a casket or in trouble lol.
Good luck, my friend. If you haven't already done so, I'd take a ride in a 500whp+ and then a 600whp+ EVO to see how you feel then.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 02:57 PM

i'll see if kid will give me a ride in his when he gets it up and running. unless anyone else has one they wanna give me a ride in.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

I think Levar (Pure Evo) has put in more research on turbo upgrades then anyone else I know.

35Rs are insane power, but the lag kind of sucks... on the highway it really doesn't matter though.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 03:29 PM
Evolving Member

i'll see if kid will give me a ride in his when he gets it up and running. unless anyone else has one they wanna give me a ride in.
Yea and after I dyno it I will actually know what its puttin out
Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by SPOOLEDTSiAWD
Yea and after I dyno it I will actually know what its puttin out
is that u kid? if so, it's ur friendly subaru neighbor

Last edited by michael_cano; Oct 11, 2010 at 04:48 PM. Reason: add more

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in