Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2009, 10:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You can't really blame the guys with the Evo Xs for not running on the track, if I had a brand new Evo I wouldn't want to race it either...oh wait...I did buy my Evo brand new in 05...and I did start racing it as soon as I got it...I just remembered, that's the whole reason I bought the car! Duh! If I wanted to have a luxury car I would of got a BMW or Lexus, but I wanted something I could drive hard, and fast. So a little advice, if you're going to show up with your brand new car and act like you just drove in with a Mercedes or BMW I suggest you meet somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the Xs. But just because you have one doesn't make you a badass. It's all about the driver, and the way he goes about modifying the car. And most importantly his attitude! Another thing, try and learn a few things about your car, like for one example: The stock X is slower than the previous Evo 8s and 9s, so what makes you think you can take a modded Evo 8 at a red light! But anyways, for the most part to me this is all fun, and just a hobby for me. I love driving my car, and I like meeting people with the same ideas and opinions. That's all I got
Old Mar 22, 2009, 06:33 AM
Evolving Member

H8rade, Pure_Evo, and I will be doing a Spokes/TAMCC Autocross event this following sunday at Texas A&M. Good sized airfield. For only $15 bucks you can partake in some great fun. If you have any questions feel free to PM me. Info links below.

Info: www.spokes.org

Info: http://www.tamscc.org/forum/index.php

Registration: https://axwaresystems.com/axorm/cale...ff924635bdbfa4
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:53 AM

close but nooo cigar on the 10s with the STI I know if i can get some better 60ft i can defitnetly hit the 10s. Sigh...
Old Mar 22, 2009, 08:54 AM

I did 3 passes... the last one i got kicked off=(
Old Mar 22, 2009, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bankaiup
close but nooo cigar on the 10s with the STI I know if i can get some better 60ft i can defitnetly hit the 10s. Sigh...
Congrats anyways! car is running great. That is some sick mph...werem you running race gas, meth, or was it on pump?
Old Mar 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gravvyboy
59mph in a quarter mile run...or am I missing something?
Yeah. I was breaking as soon as I crossed the light tower. Now I know I was braking entirely too soon. I'm surprised that no one brought that to my attention at the track. At any rate, I'm heading back out Friday evening for a short while to see if I can change that. Heck, I drive faster down Rancier Avenue during lunchtime than that 59MPH quarter-mile speed.

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
There's a road off of mountain ivy road behind the airport, you should go out there and practice your launches. I go out there all the time and cruise around. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m2WOpFFNHA
I'm going to check this out this week. Thanks for the nugget.

Originally Posted by evoredy
yeah lol. the track computer must've been off on those runs--or an amazing braking effort RIGHT before the 1320 mark. pure_evo: i'll be at sprockets all day tomorrow as i have prepped my car to take a look at what broke. stop by, the plugs are in my car. i have a set of bpr8es' too if you need them. 1 step colder--good to 28PSI . they won't last long though.
I'll stop by right before lunch as I'll be on post taking care of a few things.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 11:23 AM

Ms109 Race Gas... 32psi peak and 27 tapered off.
I guess I maxed the GT30R lol I love have heads on the car
Old Mar 22, 2009, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Its so rare to see an STI running those types of times. Congrats!
Old Mar 22, 2009, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eldiablo79
You can't really blame the guys with the Evo Xs for not running on the track, if I had a brand new Evo I wouldn't want to race it either...oh wait...I did buy my Evo brand new in 05...and I did start racing it as soon as I got it...I just remembered, that's the whole reason I bought the car! Duh! If I wanted to have a luxury car I would of got a BMW or Lexus, but I wanted something I could drive hard, and fast. So a little advice, if you're going to show up with your brand new car and act like you just drove in with a Mercedes or BMW I suggest you meet somewhere else. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the Xs. But just because you have one doesn't make you a badass. It's all about the driver, and the way he goes about modifying the car. And most importantly his attitude! Another thing, try and learn a few things about your car, like for one example: The stock X is slower than the previous Evo 8s and 9s, so what makes you think you can take a modded Evo 8 at a red light! But anyways, for the most part to me this is all fun, and just a hobby for me. I love driving my car, and I like meeting people with the same ideas and opinions. That's all I got
Lets see, this is my third Evo (bought first one in 2003) and all of them have had track time including autox, hpde and quarter mile. I have spent a lot of time helping other Evo owners. Rather then talking **** about fellow Evo owners why don't you get to know them? I hate when people talk stupid **** like this.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
Rather then talking **** about fellow Evo owners why don't you get to know them? I hate when people talk stupid **** like this.
Would of been nice to get to know each other, but the only one that stuck around and could be found was Dwight! Hard to get to know someone when thay arent around or want to talk to anyone else.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
Would of been nice to get to know each other, but the only one that stuck around and could be found was Dwight! Hard to get to know someone when thay arent around or want to talk to anyone else.
Thats the ***** when you have twin infants in the house. Getting out takes effort. Now as for everyone else, who knows.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

So I was out with a friend taking some pics and vids of the cars when I stumbled upon a good photo op. I saw a scorpion crossing the dirt road when I thought how cool would it be to get a pic of this little arachnid in front of the Evo. Unfortunately the scorpion was too fast and I got stung in the process. I got some good pics of the scorpion, but the Evo was out of focus. And then I got some good Evo shots, but the arachnid was out of focus...or running away. So I merged both good pics on photoshop. Let's just see if I know how to upload this.
Old Mar 22, 2009, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Here's the original picture:
Old Mar 23, 2009, 04:02 AM

^^ I think the scorpion blinked...
Old Mar 23, 2009, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Oh the things we do for a nice picture! I'd do the same thing so I had to laugh when I saw this.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in