Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2010, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Morsonifan
I looked at your part out though and I might have to get that uicp from you.
Sent you a pm

Here is a sound clip of the exhaust when it was on my car

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLopolWYbRU
Old Dec 29, 2010, 01:44 AM
Evolving Member

Hat I miss
Old Dec 29, 2010, 05:06 PM

parts are installed, sounds nice and feels more responsive
Old Dec 29, 2010, 05:21 PM
Evolved Member

^^ I told you that it sounds good, enjoy!
Old Dec 30, 2010, 06:46 PM
Evolving Member

So installed my wideband today and Im wondering why it jumps from 14.6 to 15.2 back and foward while at a dead stop. Also took it around the block to see where my ratios are and it jumps around doesn't stay consistent. Is it becasue of the 10.5 hot side and I'm not tuned or something else.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 01:03 AM
Evolving Member

It's never gonna stay exactly at 14.6 bro I think what your have at idle is perfectly normal. Noe under driving conditions I dunno what are u reading
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

^^ he's right, its never going to stay at one number the whole time, unless its broken. At idle, cruising and WOT it will change. Unless its sweeping all the way left and all the way right its working like it should.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Ok I thought while crusing it's suppose to be at at or near 14.7? Or is it fine if it bounces around from 14.2 to 15.6. Correct me if I'm wrong but once you let off the throttle your suppose to see it go way lean and then not read.

Last edited by WhItEVIII; Dec 31, 2010 at 06:45 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by WhItEVIII
So installed my wideband today and Im wondering why it jumps from 14.6 to 15.2 back and foward while at a dead stop. Also took it around the block to see where my ratios are and it jumps around doesn't stay consistent. Is it becasue of the 10.5 hot side and I'm not tuned or something else.
I am not trying to sound too "techy" but what you are experiencing is normal. The WBO2 sensor, while at idle, is monitoring and detecting the O2 content of the exhaust as it will always fluctuate between the ideal 14.7:1 A/F ratio. Below 14.7 = rich. Above 14.7 = lean. The reason why this is important is due to the fact that the chemical make-up of gasoline can be as low as 14.1:1. The A/F ratio will always fluctuate while at idle due to fuel correction and the tendency of the engine to sway between "reading" by the sensor to be either rich or lean. Again, this is not an issue and where we get the term "dialing in" while tuning as the optimum mixture of gasoline, air, and spark is being achieved. This is where the "knock" mystery is solved while tuning due to the prevention of premature detonation. While accelerating under high load conditions, a richer mixture (lower A/F ratio) is used to prevent knock through premature detonation. This is why you see most of the noteable EVO tuners looking to achieve between 12.0-13.0:1 while tuning. If you have not been tuned, then those AFRs are OEM specifications as EVOs are conservative out of the box so-to-speak.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
white, who are you going to get tuned by?
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Ur afr's at idle and cruise are fine bro. With 93 octane ur afrs at wot should be around mid 11's to be safe. Of course it most likely won't be there since u are modded and don't have a tune. If u want a Mellon tune call me and I'll get u a quote and all the details on what u need
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Okay, can anyone raise my boost cut? I am sick of this overboost crap, and the hard buck w/ pop I'm having. I dont have any equipment to raise the boost cut. All this crap started when I took my Tial off. Im using the stock IX DV recirc. again. My car just doest feel the same anymore.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pure_evo
I am not trying to sound too "techy" but what you are experiencing is normal. The WBO2 sensor, while at idle, is monitoring and detecting the O2 content of the exhaust as it will always fluctuate between the ideal 14.7:1 A/F ratio. Below 14.7 = rich. Above 14.7 = lean. The reason why this is important is due to the fact that the chemical make-up of gasoline can be as low as 14.1:1. The A/F ratio will always fluctuate while at idle due to fuel correction and the tendency of the engine to sway between "reading" by the sensor to be either rich or lean. Again, this is not an issue and where we get the term "dialing in" while tuning as the optimum mixture of gasoline, air, and spark is being achieved. This is where the "knock" mystery is solved while tuning due to the prevention of premature detonation. While accelerating under high load conditions, a richer mixture (lower A/F ratio) is used to prevent knock through premature detonation. This is why you see most of the noteable EVO tuners looking to achieve between 12.0-13.0:1 while tuning. If you have not been tuned, then those AFRs are OEM specifications as EVOs are conservative out of the box so-to-speak.
Yeah I've been researching on the A/F ratios all last night and found pretty much the same answers, at WOT Im running rich and like Pat said pretty sure from not beign tuned. Thanx for the imput guy's I guess I was just worried because I'm new at this stuff and still have allot to understand about our cars.
Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Ur afr's at idle and cruise are fine bro. With 93 octane ur afrs at wot should be around mid 11's to be safe. Of course it most likely won't be there since u are modded and don't have a tune. If u want a Mellon tune call me and I'll get u a quote and all the details on what u need
I P.Med Mellon a while back and he gave me qoutes I just gotta get the rest of my mod's and then I'll hit you up so you can help me out if I decide to go through Mellon probably till the end of February. I have JRTC next month.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
white, who are you going to get tuned by?
Dont know yet Bro. Oh yeah anyone going out to the meet tonight? I'm pretty sure people might not since its new years eve and all.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WhItEVIII
Dont know yet Bro. Oh yeah anyone going out to the meet tonight? I'm pretty sure people might not since its new years eve and all.
Go see KevinD for an awesome tune bro. Or use Pat to go through Mellon. Either way, youll be happy.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in