Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pure_evo
What did you end up getting (8, 9, or 10)? Did you get a built 2.0L, 2.3L, or 2.4L? And you know I have to ask what turbo are you running and with what fuel?
I have an Evo IX, 2.0, FP Black sippin on E85.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by monkey_187
I have an Evo IX, 2.0, FP Black sippin on E85.
That is what I am talking about. I am on the grind for an EVO IX myself. I cannot find one with a built 2.3L though.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:25 AM
Evolved Member

That is what I am talking about. I am on the grind for an EVO IX myself. I cannot find one with a built 2.3L though.
Everyone knows what my car has so its no secret now, Im sure you can find a IX out there. If not just get one and buy the engine, I already know what my next setup will be.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Everyone knows what my car has so its no secret now. I'm sure you can find a IX out there. If not just get one and buy the engine. I already know what my next setup will be.
Send me some pictures. That is against the grain for you as I knew you to be more into the exterior. It is nice to see that you have done things right. Did you have the bottom end built? Have you had the head built? I have seen no EVO IXs here in Arizona with a built bottom end. The closest I have seen is in California and the ground moves too much for me to make a drive out there.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Im keeping the outside simple, I might get a JDM rear bumper and thats it. I like the way the Evo looks as is, theres really no need to change anything. I have 2 trunks, one with a wing and one with out so I might put a Rexpeed mini spoiler on the one without. Thats about all im going to do to the exterior.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Just buy one and build it yourself man, buying one built takes away from the car I swear. Plus u could be buying someone elses problem. Don't take the easy way out just find a low mileage IX and start from scratch.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:56 AM
Evolving Member

Ya monkey it's Kid I was just messin around , text me how much power u made and what boost.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

Im keeping the outside simple, I might get a JDM rear bumper and thats it. I like the way the Evo looks as is, theres really no need to change anything. I have 2 trunks, one with a wing and one with out so I might put a Rexpeed mini spoiler on the one without. Thats about all im going to do to the exterior.
Are you against getting a JDM bumper and have it painted to match? I ask as I have seen one for sale in SLC, Utah for $500. For the mini spoiler, my battle buddy here just bought one for less than $100 and it is barely noticeable on his EVO8.

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Just buy one and build it yourself man, buying one built takes away from the car I swear. Plus u could be buying someone elses problem. Don't take the easy way out just find a low mileage IX and start from scratch.
Not to get into a philosophical debate, but I have gone the route you mention with my old EVO8 and believe me, it was not fun over the long haul. Starting from scratch is exactly what I did and paid a ton in labor fees. You imply that I would be inheriting the problem of someone else but that is not the case either. It is all about knowing what to look for during the test drive. A built engine runs in the mid-$2K range and a built head runs in the mid-$1K range not to mention all of the supporting parts needed to put down some nice power (i.e. - tranny, double pumper, etc., etc., etc.).
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:07 AM
Evolved Member

Are you against getting a JDM bumper and have it painted to match? I ask as I have seen one for sale in SLC, Utah for $500. For the mini spoiler, my battle buddy here just bought one for less than $100 and it is barely noticeable on his EVO8.
Im not but shipping and painting it will cost almost the same as a new one that already comes painted. Plus I dont know the condition of the used one and I would be disappointed if it got here damaged cause the private seller didnt package it right.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 07:10 AM
Evolved Member

Im not but shipping and painting it will cost almost the same as a new one that already comes painted. Plus I dont know the condition of the used one and I would be disappointed if it got here damaged cause the private seller didnt package it right.
Understood. I will check back with you later. Headed to the office...
Old Jan 11, 2011, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Levar theres somethings u can't see in a test drive and not all owners will let u do a compression , leakdown or even a simple boost leak test. Do what u do and goodluck. I'm just glad I know how to turn wrenches and don't have to rely on shops for everything ( not saying u do). Its just not fun buying someone else project, feels way better to say ya I paid for this and ya I built it and also have pics from when it was stock to what it is now.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

Levar theres somethings u can't see in a test drive and not all owners will let u do a compression , leakdown or even a simple boost leak test. Do what u do and goodluck. I'm just glad I know how to turn wrenches and don't have to rely on shops for everything ( not saying u do). Its just not fun buying someone else project, feels way better to say ya I paid for this and ya I built it and also have pics from when it was stock to what it is now.
All very true, my friend. I would enjoy the satisfaction of taking things from A-Z much in the same way the old EVO8 was but my wife hates it when I talk about buying car parts and those deductions are never welcomed. I am looking at a small window of opportunity to get my hobby taken care of so that I can spend more money on my kids that are growing more by the minute.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

I feel u there, goodluck man. What happened to the Dsm

All very true, my friend. I would enjoy the satisfaction of taking things from A-Z much in the same way the old EVO8 was but my wife hates it when I talk about buying car parts and those deductions are never welcomed. I am looking at a small window of opportunity to get my hobby taken care of so that I can spend more money on my kids that are growing more by the minute.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

I feel u there, goodluck man. What happened to the Dsm
Nothing. I still have her. I am trying to sell her along with my Del Sol to recoup some of my "buy another EVO" plans.
Old Jan 11, 2011, 03:37 PM

Anyone know where to shop for some rims...(cheap)

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in