Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Ft Hood Evo Check-in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2011, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If anyone knows anyone who wants GSC S1's for an Evo IX let me know. Ill be selling mine soon. And Monkey, I texted you bro, but I guess your girl had the phone and was at work.
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ssg_petty_210
If anyone knows anyone who wants GSC S1's for an Evo IX let me know. I'll be selling mine soon.
I told you (and Monkey did as well) that you would be stepping into some better cams eventually.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I knew you would be changing out to bigger cams, thats why I suggested getting them in the 1st place. Now your doing the work again, if you havent already you should do the springs and retainers as well. I did her that you sent a text but the guy already went back to Iraq. He was really asking about the rims and wanted them.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anybody recently trade their gg evo 8 to Dodge country?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 04:02 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah some people learn the hard way. I dont regret it though, the S1's are great. But I really want to run a bigger turbo, so S2's will suit me better. Oh well. Ill make some money back off them.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I knew you would be changing out to bigger cams, thats why I suggested getting them in the 1st place. Now your doing the work again, if you havent already you should do the springs and retainers as well. I did her that you sent a text but the guy already went back to Iraq. He was really asking about the rims and wanted them.
I tried warning him too! In person and he asked questions on my youtube videos. Some people are just too stubborn and have to learn the hard way. Since I've been here in Killeen I've noticed the way people mod their cars isn't always the best choices. But it does reflect their personality. To some a flamboyant paint job and some shiny wheels would be priority. While to others, (very few) performance parts are priority. I've done two things to aesthetically change the look of my vehicle, I added some wheels and the background color of my head and tail lights. Oh and I removed my wing, I almost forgot about that. Just those few minor details, and besides keeping the car clean turn heads all day. Well anyways what I'm trying to say is less is better. Save your money by not spending it on some radical paint job or some giant stickers or ridiculous body kit. My second mod to the car back in 2005 was cams and a tune. Well that's all I have. I'll be heading back home pretty soon, a place where I rarely spotted an Evo.....let alone a ricered out one.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

Damn u wrote an essay over him gettin s1's instead Of s2's lol u must be bored
Old Jan 26, 2011, 11:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boost_Inspired
Damn u wrote an essay over him gettin s1's instead Of s2's lol u must be bored
Lol, no it wasn't just about him. I can type 60wpm, so I tend to get out of hand. Maybe I should start writing a column in the newspaper.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

I agree with everything you wrote, I know I would rather gets peoples advise at the same time that I am looking at some parts. I would get what I wanted when money was an issue but seeing that being cheap in the beginning is always better cause it comes out more expensive in the end.

I will be changing the look of my car here soon as well, I might be getting the same spoiler as you did. It looks nice and doesnt make it look stupid like other mini spoilers. I might get another set of rims too but I have to see what I like 1st.

I too have been thinking of going back to the stinking onion.........
Old Jan 26, 2011, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by monkey_187
I agree with everything you wrote, I know I would rather gets peoples advise at the same time that I am looking at some parts. I would get what I wanted when money was an issue but seeing that being cheap in the beginning is always better cause it comes out more expensive in the end.

I will be changing the look of my car here soon as well, I might be getting the same spoiler as you did. It looks nice and doesnt make it look stupid like other mini spoilers. I might get another set of rims too but I have to see what I like 1st.

I too have been thinking of going back to the stinking onion.........
Your car is practically done also, so things get a bit easier. Maybe later I'll look for a JDM rear bumper, who knows. When I have the money I really want to upgrade the motor though. Some new rods and pistons would be nice. And the E85 conversion of course.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

The reason I went with S1's is because I didnt plan on upgrading my turbo for a long time. S1's are better for stock turbo. Now I plan on going with a larger turbo. I was going to do a red, but S1's would work just fine. I am going with a 35r, so that is why I am getting the S2's now. Im not rolling in a bed of money therefor there were no plans of upgrading quick. Then I get injured due to other peoples mistakes, now I will be able to upgrade. Like I said though, I will make some money off them, so it isnt a complete waste.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

SSG Petty. I might be willing to buy your cams.
Old Jan 26, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Fred I love u long time, how's the family?
Old Jan 27, 2011, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Petty: I was just telling you to get the bigger cams so that you would have to be doing the work twice and have to pay for labor twice. If you get the springs and retainers done and the same time, it only gets done once and right the 1st time. None of use have a money vault and thats why my suggestion was to get them the 1st time. It wasnt cause they were no good but because everyone upgrades to bigger cams.

Diablo: I also want a JDM bumper but it just to expensive for looks, I know what people will say next. "This coming form the guy that waste money on Volks and Advans". Well thats the best part, its my f***ing money and i get to use it how I want. Most people wouldnt know the difference in a JDM bumper or stock.

I think your car looks good the way it is and you shouldnt worry about the bumper any time soon.
Old Jan 27, 2011, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoG8r
SSG Petty. I might be willing to buy your cams.
Okay cool. When I figure out the price, I'll PM you.

Monkey, I feel ya man. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Ft Hood Evo Check-in